Page 504 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 44044544945005015025035045055065075085145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 20773
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    The second trade of Vision just released a few weeks ago. I fully expect we'll see an OHC solicit probably by summer for a Fall/Winter release.
    Hopefully King's exclusive DC contract doesn't effect any potential Marvel collections of his work...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Hopefully King's exclusive DC contract doesn't effect any potential Marvel collections of his work...
    Marvel haven't tended to be jerkholes about that kind of thing recently. DC, on the other hand . . .

Spectacular Member

With the recently released Young Avengers Complete Collection and the upcoming Initiative Collections - any word on if Avengers Academy is going to be put into a fat paperback or two? I really enjoyed reading the series .

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    For real, based on Allred's art alone

and an Eisner.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    With the recently released Young Avengers Complete Collection and the upcoming Initiative Collections - any word on if Avengers Academy is going to be put into a fat paperback or two? I really enjoyed reading the series .
    Once the finish Initiative, maybe. They probably don't want to of such similar series going at once.

Both series are fantastic, if anyone is on the fence about them.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I've been incredibly aggravated by the lack of Silver Surfer OHC's as well. Like somebody around here said a couple of months ago, Marvel probably expects to end this series not too far in the future, then hopefully release a complete omnibus.
    That would be an instant purchase for me. Hopefully it comes to pass!

BANNED

Bought myself the War of the Kings Omnibus at alibris.co.uk !

Is the upcoming Spider-Gwen OHC worth picked up?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Your friendly neighborhood continuity obsessee here with my first new Marvel guide of the new year: The Definitive Guide to the New Warriors!

I know many folks have a lot of affection for this team and its characters, so I worked ultra-hard to get it right. The guide not only lists EVERY issue of New Warriors, but every issue EVERY ONE of the core New Warriors has appeared in from their creation through present day, all in reading order - Night Thrasher, Namorita (AKA Kymaera), Firestar, Marvel Boy / Justice, Speedball (AKA Penance), Rage, and Silhouette. (Nova is covered in his own guide.)

With this release I'm down to just TWO major ongoing marvel heroes or teams with multiple ongoing series to their name and no guide, which is why my 2017 focus is largely on DC Comics.

Any guesses at the two missing Marvel guides?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Marvel haven't tended to be jerkholes about that kind of thing recently. DC, on the other hand . . .
    Historically, yes. But with the recent releases of Waid's Flash and PAD's Supergirl - both creators with rocky relationships at DC - I'm hoping they've grown up a bit...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Your friendly neighborhood continuity obsessee here with my first new Marvel guide of the new year: The Definitive Guide to the New Warriors!

I know many folks have a lot of affection for this team and its characters, so I worked ultra-hard to get it right. The guide not only lists EVERY issue of New Warriors, but every issue EVERY ONE of the core New Warriors has appeared in from their creation through present day, all in reading order - Night Thrasher, Namorita (AKA Kymaera), Firestar, Marvel Boy / Justice, Speedball (AKA Penance), Rage, and Silhouette. (Nova is covered in his own guide.)

With this release I'm down to just TWO major ongoing marvel heroes or teams with multiple ongoing series to their name and no guide, which is why my 2017 focus is largely on DC Comics.

May I ask, are these guides like the official handbooks, giving stats and powers?

I don't know about the missing other two guides.

Incredible Member

High Evolutionary and Mr. Sinister (Hint, Hint, Hint)
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

That's a good question, though I feel that you could argue more than two, depending on how low you want to go. After all, you're referring to major ongoing Marvel heroes or teams, but Squirrel Girl has one lol.

But as for two that are missing....

*2099 (all)
    *What If?

But if you're talking specifically about characters, then maybe:

*Silver Sable
    *War Machine

I don't know; my knowledge of things that aren't what you've already covered is minimal I guess

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    May I ask, are these guides like the official handbooks, giving stats and powers?

I don't know about the missing other two guides.
    My guides are to help you find all the collections containing the character(s)/team in question and read them in order. They're all about story continuity and not about stats, feats, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    High Evolutionary and Mr. Sinister (Hint, Hint, Hint)
    Villain guides are very interesting to assemble, because typically the villain doesn't have a home series and you have to do a bit of explaining about the relevance of each appearance. You'll see this in action with the guide I share next week, which is one of my most-requested of of all time (and Thanos was a bit of an exception, since he so frequently is an anchor character whenever he appears).

Depending on how the new guide is received, I'd consider doing more villains! I really don't have any data to go by right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    That's a good question, though I feel that you could argue more than two, depending on how low you want to go. After all, you're referring to major ongoing Marvel heroes or teams, but Squirrel Girl has one lol.

But as for two that are missing....

*2099 (all)
    *What If?

But if you're talking specifically about characters, then maybe:

*Silver Sable
    *War Machine
    I'm not saying that every character I've done already is necessarily major Squirrel Girl was honestly a single-day lark of, "I'm pretty sure Squirrel Girl only appeared in about 30 comics before her series!" I'm kind of working from both sides - trying to cover older Marvel characters but also trying to make sure with every new Marvel relaunch I can cover almost all of the books in existing guides.

I've worked on 2099 a bit, but it's so massively unreprinted that my typical approach of either listing books by continuity order or by launch of title (like Ultimate Marvel) is going to yield a guide that's 90% "Not collected." So, I need to figure out a slightly different approach there to make it useful for anyone. Same for Marvel UK. Related: I'm 99% ready to ship off completely collections of both 2099 and Marvel UK for binding.

What If falls under "Alternate Realities," which is an entirely different ball of wax.

I won't say if you're right on the solo heroes until others guess
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Off the top of my head:

The Champions
    The Invaders
    Venom
    Howard the Duck
    Man-Thing
    Nick Fury/SHIELD