Page 505 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 54054554955015025035045055065075085095155556051005 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Your friendly neighborhood continuity obsessee here with my first new Marvel guide of the new year: The Definitive Guide to the New Warriors!
    I didn't think I could love you more.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Off the top of my head:

The Champions
    The Invaders
    Venom
    Howard the Duck
    Man-Thing
    Nick Fury/SHIELD
    Now that I have two answers that have each included correct guesses: I've been thinking of it as Venom and War Machine, but had kinda forgotten about Nick Fury because it's a mess of guest appearances and I don't really want to deal with it

Champions are, like, two books! I have them on the "Other X-Titles" page. Same for Invaders, they're on both Namor and Cap. I suppose you could make a legit case for both Howard and Man-Thing, but both are eventually headed for a "Marvel Titles Index" page that would cover all of those sorts of shorter-lived series.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Your friendly neighborhood continuity obsessee here with my first new Marvel guide of the new year: The Definitive Guide to the New Warriors!
    I'd love to get a NW vol. 2 omnibus but I don't think the first one set the sales charts on fire. I'd settle for some chunky tpb's too, as well as the spin off solo books.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I'd love to get a NW vol. 2 omnibus but I don't think the first one set the sales charts on fire. I'd settle for some chunky tpb's too, as well as the spin off solo books.
    I agree. I thought the Omnibus was such an odd choice for a reprint line that is so clearly stalled. It's one of Marvel's most out-of-left-field choices of all time. I suppose that beginning sprint is the more-beloved part of that series, but it's still an odd one. Luckily, just 4-6 Epics would knock out the entire series plus the brief second volume - we'll get them eventually.
    Last edited by krisis; 01-14-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

I agree. I thought the Omnibus was such an odd choice for a reprint line that is so clearly stalled. It's one of Marvels most out-of-left-field choices of all time. I suppose that beginning sprint is the more-beloved part of that series, but it's still an odd one. Luckily, just 4-6 Epics would knock out the entire series plus the brief second volume - we'll get them eventually.
    I would be one of the guys buying a volume 2 and 3 Omnibus of New Warriors.

as awful EVERY crossover was in that New Warriors omni I really liked the core title and would buy a 2nd volume without hesitation. Just please, no more 90's X or Spider-man crossovers. I don't care about completionism, give me the NW issues and I'm happy.

My body is not ready for this DD Omnibus at the end of the month. I've been so thirsty for Silver Age DD to be collected in an omnibus and I'm about to have it. 41 issues + extras.

+ The Alpha Flight Omnibus. These will be my first two purchases of a short list of books I plan on getting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    I would be one of the guys buying a volume 2 and 3 Omnibus of New Warriors.
    There are dozens of us.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    There are dozens of us.
    I have to believe that's more people that bought that 90s First Omnibus!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I would bet my left kidney it did.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Marvel 90s First Omnibus didn't make the Top 350 in its premiere month of release and for sure didn't shift more than 350 units in that first month. We kind of figured that would happen, Marvel didn't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Marvel 90s First Omnibus didn't make the Top 350 in its premiere month of release and for sure didn't shift more than 350 units in that first month. We kind of figured that would happen, Marvel didn't.
    And it still got tpb release after the fact....wtf

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    And it still got tpb release after the fact....wtf
    Agreed that this is one of the strangest choices for an omni that we've yet seen. However, I suspect the main motivation for releasing it as TPBs had more to do with symmetry than sales figures. The Marvel Firsts TPB series began a few years ago with a one-volume 1960s TPB that is a worthy collection of most classic characters' first appearances. Thereafter, Marvel followed up with three volumes of 1970s and three more of 1980s. (In fact, a third volume of 1990s is still needed to fully reproduce the contents of that omni.)

I keep wondering if they'll cut the series off with the end of the 20th century, or if we can eventually expect Marvel Firsts 2000s and 2010s...

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Agreed that this is one of the strangest choices for an omni that we've yet seen. However, I suspect the main motivation for releasing it as TPBs had more to do with symmetry than sales figures. The Marvel Firsts TPB series began a few years ago with a one-volume 1960s TPB that is a worthy collection of most classic characters' first appearances. Thereafter, Marvel followed up with three volumes of 1970s and three more of 1980s. (In fact, a third volume of 1990s is still needed to fully reproduce the contents of that omni.)

I keep wondering if they'll cut the series off with the end of the 20th century, or if we can eventually expect Marvel Firsts 2000s and 2010s...
    You mean the collections dept has shelf OCD too?

Fantastic Member

Hi Marvelheads. Just looking for a little clarification...I just snagged a copy of the Brubaker Trial of Cap Omnibus and I'm wondering what is the best way to get all the bits of the whole Brubaker Captain America run? It's pretty confusing just looking at the different collections available on Amazon...