Page 507 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 74074574975035045055065075085095105115175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 20732
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Damn, nice research and some eye-opening numbers about Bendis. His Powers and New Avengers were in OHC for awhile before the omnibus. I did actually get the NA omnibus since I had none of the collection at the time and then got the OHCs. I didn't get the one for Powers since I have the OHCs.

Anything on his Ultimate SM omnibus collections? Surely his Daredevil did well? I hope. Maybe Alias? I don't know.

If seems - without knowing those - that he's not selling omnibus collections all too well.

On the surface that doesn't bode well for a vol. 2 of Guardians.

But, Marvel continues to pimp his stuff, so I certainly would not be surprised if he gets at least one X-Men omnibus collection by the end of the year.

On a side note, I wonder how the rest of the Kung Fu and Clone Saga stuff will do. Seems like people are starting to grow disenchanted with the Kung Fu after sitting down and reading it, and, well, the Clone Saga, just got worse and worse as time went on.

Regardless, I hope Marvel finishes them, whether they sell or not because a commitment for them means that I might stick on board for something else.

To echo what some have said recently, it sucks that they only did one New Warriors book. That was a fun book. Wish we'd get a follow.
    Thanks.

The Daredevil Bendis Omnis did pretty well. Vol. 1 shifted 1,501 copies, whereas Vol. 2 moved 1,018 copies. The Ultimate Spider-Man Omnis didn't fare so well - Vol. 1 sold 786 copies and Death of Spider-Man sold only 698 copies. I'm not sure how the Alias Omni did, although it did go to 2nd print and eventually went OOP, so one can say it did pretty well.

I agree that it would be great if Marvel committed themselves to finishing off what they started. For example, New Avengers Vol. 2 Omni, New Warriors Vol. 2 Omni....

I'm sure all the Kung Fu Omnis will get published. I really hope the Spidey Clone Omnis will also be completed.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 01-16-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Agreed. I absolutely cannot wait for Bendis to get his grubby hands off of the Guardians and stop ruining it.
    I don't have much experience with Guardians pre-Bendis so it doesn't bother me as much as others. The team sort of acts like the movie. Once I read through all the cosmic omnibus books, I could change my mind.

I personally think Bendis is better with single characters. DD, Alias, Powers (OK that was a two-person crew), Spider-Man and Iron Man. Yes, Iron Man is great - especially Doom as Iron Man. I do confess to enjoying his Avengers as well but a lot of that got caught up in cross-over hell later. His X-Men fell apart quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks.

I'm sure all the Kung Fu Omnis will get published. I really hope the Spidey Clone Omnis will also be completed.
    Since they announced the Kung Fu stuff as a four-book deal I'm sure they'll finish that. I'm assuming they'll finish Spidey but I have no sound logic to argue why they will.

Spectacular Member

Thanks.

The Daredevil Bendis Omnis did pretty well. Vol. 1 shifted 1,501 copies, whereas Vol. 2 moved 1,018 copies. The Ultimate Spider-Man Omnis didn't fare so well - Vol. 1 sold 786 copies and Death of Spider-Man sold only 698 copies. I'm not sure how the Alias Omni did, although it did go to 2nd print and eventually went OOP, so one can say it did pretty well.

I agree that it would be great if Marvel committed themselves to finishing off what they started. For example, New Avengers Vol. 2 Omni, New Warriors Vol. 2 Omni....

I hope so too for New Warriors and Spidey. The New Avengers and the Ultimate Spidey I got eventually in OHC format, so they lost me for the Omnibus line on these.

People willing to spend $$ on an Omni generally know what they are doing. The Bendis guardians run is universally derided. My local library has it, I read half of one and gave it up. Its a series so bad I won't read it for free.

I would say a figure of at least 1000 units is a pretty good figure. A great result would be 1500+ and a fantastic result would be north of 2000. These are of course my personal views but I would think others opinions would not differ much from mine.

The Bendis GoG Omni was $125. For comparison, here are several other $125 Omnis and their premiere month figures:

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 – 2,308
    Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Vol. 1 – 2,232
    Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Vol. 1 – 2,064
    Infinty Gauntlet– 1,837
    The Mighty Thor by Walt Simonson– 1,612
    Fantastic Four by John Byrne Vol. 2 – 1,509
    Annihilation Conquest – 1,396
    War of Kings – 1,396
    Annihilation– 1,363
    Werewolf by Night– 1,347
    Fantastic Four by John Byrne Vol. 1 - 1,145
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern – 1,135
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Vol. 1 – 1,104
    Spider-Man The Clone Saga – 1,012
    X-Statix - 819
    Golden Age Captain America Vol. 1 – 769
    New Avengers Vol. 1 (Bendis) - 756
    Powers Vol. 1(Bendis) - 560

Daredevil By Miller and Janson Omnibus - 3rd Printing!!! - 863

One could use the argument that the Bendis GoG material was already published not so long ago in OHCs. But look at another $125 Omni such as the Sider-Man Clone Saga Omni. That material is available in TPBs and still getting reprints. Also, the Hawkeye Omni was printed shortly after the Hawkeye OHCs saw print, but the Omni still managed to shift 1,682 units. A similar case with the Deadpool Posehn & Duggan run in Omni moving 1,286 copies. Granted, the latter 2 were priced at $100, but still they sold more or less twice the amount than the Bendis GoG Omni.

Even the 3rd Printing of the Daredevil Miller Janson Omni priced at $125 achieved a higher figure of 863! X-Statix and New Avengers had similar but higher figures than the Bendis GoG Omni, and they both went on clearance what seemed like forever. Only recently has the X-Statix Omni achieved OOP status and that was 5 years after its release. I suspect the Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis Omnibus Vol. 1 will be another candidate for the remainder and clearance clubs.
    Damn, I didn't know there was that high of a demand for the Master of Kung Fu stuff
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

Quick question: I'm not much of an Inhumans fan but I have a friend that's asking me where to start with modern Inhumans for a fan of Black Bolt. I didn't know how to answer him since there have been so many seemingly unconnected Inhumans books, new Inhumans (he seems mostly interested in the originals) etc... Any tips on TPBs or places to direct him?

Quick question: I'm not much of an Inhumans fan but I have a friend that's asking me where to start with modern Inhumans for a fan of Black Bolt. I didn't know how to answer him since there have been so many seemingly unconnected Inhumans books, new Inhumans (he seems mostly interested in the originals) etc... Any tips on TPBs or places to direct him?
    I'm no expert on this. But the 'modern' Inhumans would start with Inhumans by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee.

Where to go after that i'm not sure. Here is a link to an Inhumans Reading Order at Comicbookherald.com.

He does a good job of putting amazon links in for the books he's referencing.

The more recent Inhuman push began with Inhumanity by Fraction and then the current Inhuman/Uncanny Inhumans stuff by Soule. Id start there.

But yeah, the Jenkins/Lae stuff is good too. Isnt really too relevent to current stuff.

Incredible Member

Road to and War of Kings is very much a Black Bolt/Inhumans story IMO.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Damn, I didn't know there was that high of a demand for the Master of Kung Fu stuff
    I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the material had never been reprinted before, and older comic fans seem to fondly remember it and loudly sing its praises on message boards. That's the reason I picked up the first Omni for cheap when initially released.

I'd never read any of it, it was way before my time starting comics, and from all the praises it got I thought it was some mysterious, hidden, Bronze Age gem. But I could only make it like 1/3 of the way thru the book and put it on the shelf. I've since passed on all the Kung Fu stuff. I'm planning to hold onto it until it goes OOP, and since it's likely to never be reprinted again due to the licensing hurdles, I hope to sell it for a nice profit later on down the line. The stories are crap. The art is typical mid-70s Marvel house style. I didn't like it at all.

And I like a lot of material from that era that I've discovered over the years: Starlin's Warlock & Captain Marvel, some Spidey and Batman from around this time. But Kung Fu just wasn't my thing I guess.

BANNED

I'm new to the Inhumans too and i asked a similar question and gathered this list from the answers:

Inhumans (1998 run)
    Inhumanity (event)
    Infinity (event)
    Inhuman (2014)
    All New Inhumans (2015)
    Death of X
    Inhumans vs X-men
    Uncanny Inhumans

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

This is an echo of what others said, but: If we're talking about "Modern" Inhumans entry points that include Black Bolt, you have a pretty specific set of options.

#1 - Start from Inhumans (1998). This isn't totally Black Bolt centric, but it's a good grounding for the characters in general.

#2 - Start from the run-up to War of Kings. This is a major Inhumans story with a lot of action for Blackbolt, and the lead-ups have lots of internecine intrigue. (Specifically, I'd start with Silent War (2007) #1-6).

#3 - Start from New Avengers. Black Bolt returns from War of Kings a bit prior to this run, but he's part of the cast that anchors it. This isn't quite as satisfying as the other choices, because it's much more focused on pretty much all of the Illuminati compared to Black Bolt, but it still represents his major plot action in Marvel Now (and, Infinity is pretty significant for him).

#4 - Uncanny Inhumans. Black Bolt was mostly absentee for Inhumans during Marvel Now - it was more of a Medusa book. However, he's front and center here.

My Guide to The Inhumans not only has all of the Inhumans' apperances in reading order, but explains which Inhumans star in which books and includes every Black Bolt guest appearance through 2007.

Hopefully that helps!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I'm no expert on this. But the 'modern' Inhumans would start with Inhumans by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee.

Where to go after that i'm not sure. Here is a link to an Inhumans Reading Order at Comicbookherald.com.

He does a good job of putting amazon links in for the books he's referencing.
    That's a fantastic list! Thank you everyone for your answers!

Is there a similar list for Alpha Flight?
    Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Is there a similar list for Alpha Flight?
    Thanks!
    Here's the best rundown from Krisis I could locate:

http://crushingkrisis.com/definitive...raphic-novels/