Page 509 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 94094594995055065075085095105115125135195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Deadpool by Joe Kelly and Deadpool & Cable
    Signed. The Cable/Deadpool Ultimate Collections and the Deadpool Classics for the Kelly run re-started my collecting habbit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Seriously any Marvel Omnibus they're like from 60 bucks up to 200 bucks online such as Amazon and ebay.

Are people being hoarders and/or scalpers all the time or something?

If you are talking about books that are out of print, it's not really a "marvel thing" specifically. I mean look at the prices listed on Amazon for this Dark Horse book...

https://www.amazon.ca/Colossal-Conan...colossal+conan

But the Marvel Omni's are definitely expensive books - however if the book isn't out of print, you really shouldn't ever be paying full cover price. They can almost always be found for 20-40% off at least...

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    If you are talking about books that are out of print, it's not really a "marvel thing" specifically. I mean look at the prices listed on Amazon for this Dark Horse book...

https://www.amazon.ca/Colossal-Conan...colossal+conan

But the Marvel Omni's are definitely expensive books - however if the book isn't out of print, you really shouldn't ever be paying full cover price. They can almost always be found for 20-40% off at least...
    Right there are a ton of books at 40-55 bucks I have been holding off on that im probably gonna get this weekend.
    Just to be safe and because I know they probably wont drop anymore

The fact that the X-Force book isnt even the least bit expensive blows my mind. Not because the art or stories are bad but because like EVERY omnibus eventually goes up SOME. This book came out in Feb of 2013 almost 4 years ago and it seems to be declining lol A new copy can be had for like 36 bucks. DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I really wish the upcoming Kieron Gillen Loki/JiM omnibus contained his post -JMS Thor issues too.
    I've heard great things about this run. Did it lead right into Loki and has it been collected in at least tpb? I'd love to read it (although, yeah, I wish it was in the omnibus).

Edit: It appears there was an Ultimate collection that collected the Gillen run.

Does anyone know how the Fraction stuff that followed was?
    Last edited by TomSlick; 01-20-2017 at 01:12 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've heard great things about this run. Did it lead right into Loki and has it been collected in at least tpb? I'd love to read it (although, yeah, I wish it was in the omnibus).

Edit: It appears there was an Ultimate collection that collected the Gillen run.

Does anyone know how the Fraction stuff that followed was?
    Can confirm that Gillen's post-JMS Thor run is AWESOME. It's a major missed opportunity to not include it in the Omnibus BUT, including that would necessitate including the first Fraction Thor arc (which intros Young Loki), and that's a lot of lead-up material to a particularly singular run.

The Fraction Thor stuff was not bad but a bit of a slog. Big ideas, but not executed with a lot of energy to make them into page turners. I feel like Fear Itself's story getting promoted to a linewide event sucked all of the air out of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Seriously any Marvel Omnibus they're like from 60 bucks up to 200 bucks online such as Amazon and ebay.

Are people being hoarders and/or scalpers all the time or something?
    Revisit your complaint in terms of percentages of a typical, $100 cover price Omnibus:

Seriously any Marvel Omnibus they're like from 60% up to 200% online such as Amazon and ebay.

That you can find many omnibuses for under cover price and that only a handful appreciate to 2x cover is amazing! That's nothing compared to how much single issues can appreciate, and it usually takes some time for them to depreciate below cover (if ever). Even in their first week onsale $100 cover price Marvel omnibus are never cheaper than $50.

I'm not saying $60-200 is not a lot of money for a book, but you have to keep in mind that these are a high-dollar, limited run, collector's format. (And, they still have some of the best issues/$ ratios of all of Marvel's releases.)
    Last edited by krisis; 01-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Can confirm that Gillen's post-JMS Thor run is AWESOME. It's a major missed opportunity to not include it in the Omnibus BUT, including that would necessitate including the first Fraction Thor arc (which intros Young Loki), and that's a lot of lead-up material to a particularly singular run.

The Fraction Thor stuff was not bad but a bit of a slog. Big ideas, but not executed with a lot of energy to make them into page turners. I feel like Fear Itself's story getting promoted to a linewide event sucked all of the air out of his run.
    Thanks.

I read the JMS stuff years ago and recently scored the omnibus. Always heard great stuff about Gillen and was going to get the omnibus.

In the meantime, I'm going to grab his Thor Ultimate Collection.

Is the Fraction arc that introduces Loki required for reading the Gillen omnibus?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Thanks.

I read the JMS stuff years ago and recently scored the omnibus. Always heard great stuff about Gillen and was going to get the omnibus.

In the meantime, I'm going to grab his Thor Ultimate Collection.

Is the Fraction arc that introduces Loki required for reading the Gillen omnibus?
    The Gillen Thor Ultimate Collection is highly recommended. It not only ties up JMS's plot threads, but it's a good story unto itself.

I don't feel Fraction's opening arc is particularly relevant to JiM. It's basically, "Hey, there's this street urchin, but he seems to be Loki! What's up with that!" and then Gillen runs with it when Fear Itself hits.

(I'd posit that it's WAY more important to have read Siege (probably the only time I'll ever utter that phrase) to understand the state of Asgard and what happened to adult Loki.)
    Last edited by krisis; 01-20-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

The Thor Ultimate Collection is highly recommended. It not only ties up JMS's plot threads, but it's a good story unto itself.

I don't feel Fraction's opening arc is particularly relevant to JiM. It's basically, "Hey, there's this street urchin, but he seems to be Loki! What's up with that!" and then Gillen runs with it when Fear Itself hits.

(I'd posit that it's WAY more important to have read Siege (probably the only time I'll ever utter that phrase) to understand the state of Asgard and what happened to adult Loki.)
    Ha ha, gotcha. Yes, I remember now. Thanks for the info. Definitely getting Ultimate collection.

The Thor Ultimate Collection is highly recommended. It not only ties up JMS's plot threads, but it's a good story unto itself.

I will second this. Gillen's run on Thor was really great and took a completely unexpected direction than the norm. I've always hoped we'd get an omnibus/OHC but it might be time to finally buy it in softcover.

OK, here's my plan to collect the complete Gillen and Fraction runs (minus the actual Fear Itself and Siege collections) in tpb:

Thor Ultimate Collection by Gllien (this gets the Gillen Thor)
    Thor World Eaters (Fraction's first arc that picks up after Gillen)
    Thor 1, 2, 3 (covers the Fraction run on the new series)
    Loki: JiM omnibus (covers the last of the Fraction run on the new series as well as Gillen's JiM)

Also: It seems there's a Thor Secret Invasion tpb that collects a Fraction story line.

I based this off my own research, which relied heavily on your website. Ha. Any mistakes are obviously mine.
    Do this sound accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Deadpool by Joe Kelly and Deadpool & Cable
    Which one do you think is better?
    We need better comics

All-New Member

OK, here's my plan to collect the complete Gillen and Fraction runs (minus the actual Fear Itself and Siege collections) in tpb:

Thor Ultimate Collection by Gllien (this gets the Gillen Thor)
    Thor World Eaters (Fraction's first arc that picks up after Gillen)
    Thor 1, 2, 3 (covers the Fraction run on the new series)
    Loki: JiM omnibus (covers the last of the Fraction run on the new series as well as Gillen's JiM)

Also: It seems there's a Thor Secret Invasion tpb that collects a Fraction story line.

I based this off my own research, which relied heavily on your website. Ha. Any mistakes are obviously mine.
    Do this sound accurate?
    To my knowledge you will also require The Mighty Thor / Journey into Mystery: Everything Burns to collect issue #22 of "The Mighty Thor." The omnibus solicit only contains up to issue #21 so it kinda sucks you need an extra book for a single issue Of course the completest in me already has it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vannatar View Post
    To my knowledge you will also require The Mighty Thor / Journey into Mystery: Everything Burns to collect issue #22 of "The Mighty Thor." The omnibus solicit only contains up to issue #21 so it kinda sucks you need an extra book for a single issue Of course the completest in me already has it lol
    I noticed that but I think it's by a different author and seemed to kind of be a one-off story that didn't have much to do with the run. Am I wrong about that?

All-New Member

I noticed that but I think it's by a different author and seemed to kind of be a one-off story that didn't have much to do with the run. Am I wrong about that?
    Pretty sure it's written by Fraction.

Incredible Member

Odd they would leave out 1 issue of a billed storyline "Everything burns" on a sub 40 issue omni if it were important. Bad solicit maybe?
    Last edited by Brewman; 01-21-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?