Page 510 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 104104605005065075085095105115125135145205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Vannatar View Post
    Pretty sure it's written by Fraction.
    Yep....You're correct. I was thinking of issue 620.1 by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING, which came between two Fraction issues.
    Well, I'll snag the floppy then. Not wasting money on a tpb. Besides, my plan is to sell all these tpbs as a big lot once I read them. I'll keep the Gillen omnibus, but I've no interest in the softcover stuff other than to read. That lone floppy will just be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Which one do you think is better?
    Eh, depends. The Joe Kelly run is more diverse and covers a whole lot more ground, but Cable & Deadpool is more modern and consistent. I'd say get both if you're able but Joe Kelly for the reading variety plus it's definitely more important in the long run to getting a feel for and knowing the character.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

I think Joe Kelly omnibus is out of print.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I think Joe Kelly omnibus is out of print.
    Isnt Deadpool and Cable too?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Happy Monday, y'all!

Today I bring you the last in a string of new Marvel guides: The Definitive Guide to Magneto!

magneto-social-share-wide.jpg

This was my second villainous guide, but it was a bit different than working on a guide to Thanos. Magneto has had only one ongoing series to his name, he's made a major appearance nearly once every year since 1963, and his prior limited series aren't even half-collected.

So, what's this guide all about?

The Magneto guide details his every appearance, in reading order, frequently along with story summaries - as well as a "best of" essential reading list. Magneto's progression is one of the most consistent and compelling of all of Marvel's villains, especially from 1963 to 2001. He very rarely makes frivolous or inconsequential appearances.

How well do you know the Master of Magnetism's story? Do you recall his initial connection to the Savage Land? What about how he came to be headmaster of the Xavier school? And, do you know how he wound up in Genosha for the start of Morrison's New X-Men?

If not, it's time to start reading!

(As for me, aside from one little extra X-character guide I'm working on and updating all the Marvel guides through August's solicits, my big focus is building my guide to collecting DC - my Wonder Woman guide went public today!)
    Last edited by krisis; 01-23-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOW! Nicely done! I'll have to read this more in detail later.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Wondy guide! Thanks Krisis.
    Cyclops was right

Anyone else reading the Hulk: Future Imperfect Epic Collection? I'm a little over half way thru after 3 sittings, and it's been a blast down memory lane! I haven't read these issues (aside from the FI mini) since original publication and I'd forgotten what comic book gold they were back in the day!

Could Gary Frank draw or what? The man was amazing and one of the best of the era. I don't get the same vibe from his modern stuff, it's a grittier, different style. But 20 years ago he was the man! Not sure why he didn't receive the same level of recognition that other mid-90s artists & the Image guys did. Frank's heroes appear bigger than life and look like they stepped right off the screen of a 90s Schwarzenegger action movie! And the ladies are gorgeous without being drawn as pin ups! Sure, they're beautiful but not in a gratuitous J Scott Campbell type of way if that makes any sense. The action flows from panel-to-panel and Cam Smith provides a sleekness to the inks that makes everything pop right off the page. The Gary Frank/Cam Smith art team was one of the best ever on the Hulk, and almost appear like a more dynamic, polished version of what Dale Keown did on the book prior to Frank's arrival as penciler.

I had completely forgotten about the Hulk rescuing his college girlfriend from SHIELD and the Troyjan War mini-arc. The Troyjan War is basically a short Hulk-in-space riff on Star Wars (hooking up with seedy anti-heroes, rescuing the princess from an overpowering tyrant, tragic twist in the finale, etc). I don't really need to go into how awesome the Future Imperfect mini itself is. Most every Hulk fan out there has high regards for it. But honestly, the surrounding material in this TP is just as great!

These PAD Hulk collections are long over due and I'm glad to see Marvel releasing them (approximately) once a year. I'll continue to buy all the PAD Hulk volumes they release! Good stuff! Please keep 'em coming! I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Happy Monday, y'all!

Today I bring you the last in a string of new Marvel guides: The Definitive Guide to Magneto!
    Nice! A treat as always. Magneto has always been a weird character for me to get into. The revisionist history by many writers over the decades with contradictory interpretations of the character make it tough to assign any one label (hero, villain, anti-hero, etc). Even Stan Lee has said that if he had it all to do over again, he'd probably have just made Xavier and Magneto brothers. From my perspective, Claremont handled him the best, and it's a shame that we never saw what he was really building towards with Magneto. I've read some online tidbits that there an "ultimate battle" in UXM #300 was intended to be the be-all-end-all for the character with Xavier dying and Magneto finally taking his place as leader of the various X-teams. Sadly, that never came to pass.

Back in the day, it was always a little strange that Mags led the X-Men then, in a Claremontian twist, POOF! He's gone, no where to be seen, then leading the New Mutants sporadically, then a member of the Hellfire Club, then a villain again, then a hero again, etc. The late 80s/early 90s were not particularly kind to his character development. Also never really liked the resolution to the Joseph storyline and the Magneto War crossover.

Haven't really read much of the modern (post-Morrison) stuff aside from some UXM, so can't really comment on what's going on with the character lately.

Thanks!

Fantastic Member

So, the April solicitations are here, and I'm here too to give you the HCs:

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS HC
    Written by MARK WAID & MORE
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT, MAHMUD ASRAR, ALAN DAVIS & MORE
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    The Avengers are dead — long live the Avengers! When a threat from beyond targets our world, fate draws Captain America, Thor, Vision and Iron Man together again — alongside three young adventurers who will reinvigorate Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Welcome to the big leagues, Nova, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, a.k.a. Spider-Man! But who is the familiar villain pulling the reassembled Avengers’ strings? Will the new lineup last long enough to find out? The newest Avengers will lose their memories in a STANDOFF at Pleasant Hill, feel the sting of the Unstoppable Wasp and be sundered by the fallout from a second CIVIL WAR!
    Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-15 and ANNUAL #1; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II).
    424 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99

BLACK PANTHER VOL. 1: A NATION UNDER OUR FEET HC
    Written by TA-NEHISI COATES
    Penciled by BRIAN STELFREEZE & CHRIS SPROUSE
    Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    A new era for the Black Panther begins as the kingdom of Wakanda enters what might be its final days! National Book Award winner and New York Times Best-Selling author Ta-Nehisi Coates (Between the World and Me) confronts T’Challa with dramatic upheaval in his homeland that will make leading the African nation tougher than ever before. When a superhuman terrorist group that calls itself The People sparks a violent uprising, the country famed for its incredible technology and proud warrior traditions will be thrown into turmoil! As Zenzi and Tetu, leaders of The People, poison the populace against its king, the spirit of T’Challa’s presumed-dead sister, Shuri, makes a transformative journey through Wakanda’s past, and a group of heroes, including Storm and Luke Cage, come together as The Crew to help Black Panther out. If Wakanda is to survive, it must adapt — but can its king, one of a long line of Black Panthers, survive the necessary change? Heavy is the head that wears the cowl!
    Collecting BLACK PANTHER (2016) #1-12.
    296 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

LOKI: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN OMNIBUS HC
    Written by KIERON GILLEN, DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING & MATT FRACTION
    Penciled by DOUG BRAITHWAITE, RICH ELSON, WHILCE PORTACIO, MITCH BREITWEISER, CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO, STEPHANIE HANS & ALAN DAVIS
    Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
    Kieron Gillen’s complete epic! The god of lies has been reborn, but will young Loki be Asgard’s savior? For when Earth is gripped by FEAR ITSELF, ancient prophecy says only Thor can stop the monstrous threat of the Serpent — but the plan is doomed to fail without help from Loki. Will the trickster find redemption — or damn himself for eternity? Either way, a Nightmare lies in wait hoping to rule the world, and Loki will have to risk everything on his craziest scheme of all! Plus: A forgotten hero returns, the New Mutants lend a hand, Captain Britain needs help with a godly war, and Hela sets her sights on the Holy Grail! But will all the nine worlds end in Surtur’s fire?
    Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (2011) #622-645, EXILED #1, NEW MUTANTS (2009) #42-43 and MIGHTY THOR (2011) #18-21.
    752 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00

MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2: THE ART OF THE MOVIE HC SLIPCASE
    Written by JACOB JOHNSTON
    The Guardians are back! After saving the universe, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot find themselves with expunged records and a new mandate: Guard what needs guarding. Now, go inside the Marvel studios in this new collectible volume! Discover exclusive concept art, production stills, and commentary from cast and crew — including returning director James Gunn and Marvel’s extraordinary Visual Development team. Complete your ART OF THE MOVIE collection with this latest installment as the Guardians soar to new heights!
    240 PGS./All Ages …$50.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AVENGERS VOL. 17 HC
    Written by JIM SHOOTER & JIM STARLIN with ROGER STERN, MARV WOLFMAN, GEORGE PÉREZ, DAVID MICHELINIE & BILL MANTLO
    Penciled by GEORGE PÉREZ, JOHN BYRNE, JIM STARLIN, SAL BUSCEMA & DAVE WENZEL
    Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    Jim Shooter and an unparalleled team of avenging artists — George Pérez, John Byrne, Jim Starlin and more — bring you Earth’s Mightiest Heroes at their best! This Marvel Masterworks volume is packed from cover to cover with classic encounters staged on a truly massive scale: Jim Starlin’s defining “Thanos War,” Ultron’s revenge, the cosmic “Korvac Saga” — it’s a dizzying array of iconic adventures! Luckily, the Avengers aren’t alone as they face these challenges — they’re joined by the Guardians of the Galaxy; the Amazing Spider-Man; and the ever-lovin’, blue-eyed Thing! Also featuring Adam Warlock, Gamora, the Collector, the Lethal Legion, Count Nefaria, a new look for Wonder Man, and the unfolding secret origins of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch!
    Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #164-177 and ANNUAL #7, and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL #2.
    352 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AVENGERS VOL. 17 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 247 (DM ONLY)
    352 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 1 HC
    Written by DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT with STAN LEE
    Penciled by MIKE VOSBURG with JOHN BUSCEMA
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    When criminal defense attorney Jennifer Walters is shot by a mob hitman, her cousin saves her life with a blood transfusion — but that cousin is Bruce Banner, and his gamma-irradiated blood transforms her into the Savage She-Hulk! Suddenly she’s a mean, green lawyering machine, and criminals the world over had better watch out. Now, experience She-Hulk’s adventures from the very beginning in this beautifully restored Marvel Masterworks volume! Her quest will take her from the halls of justice to other dimensions — and pit her against Iron Man, mind-controlling cults, Man-Thing, and even her own father. But despite her new power, can Jennifer Walters survive the beast within? Her own blood is killing her — and only Morbius the Living Vampire may have the cure!
    Collecting SAVAGE SHE-HULK (1980) #1-14.
    296 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 1 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 246 (DM ONLY)
    296 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY CHRIS CLAREMONT HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT & MORE
    Penciled by DICK AYERS, DON PERLIN, HERB TRIMPE, GEORGE EVANS, GEORGE TUSKA, KEITH POLLARD, GENE COLAN, VAL MAYERIK, JON BOGDANOVE, OSCAR JIMÉNEZ, MICHAEL RYAN, JUAN BOBILLO, DAVID NAKAYAMA, SALVADOR LARROCA & MORE
    Cover by GENE COLAN, SALVADOR LARROCA, GEORGE TUSKA, JON BOGDANOVE, RON WILSON & BOB WIACEK
    Though best known for his epic X-Men run, prolific writer Chris Claremont has more than made his mark across the entire Marvel Universe! Now, experience the length and breadth of his decades-long career! Beginning with his rarely seen early work chronicling the horrors of combat, Claremont introduces Captain Britain, puts Black Goliath and Doctor Strange through their paces, digs into the mythology of Man-Thing, pits the X-Men against the Fantastic Four, shines a spotlight on Kitty Pryde, takes on Big Hero 6, and pens the most cosmic contest of all!
    Collecting WAR IS HELL #9-15, BLACK GOLIATH #2-5, CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-10, DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #38-45, MAN-THING (1979) #4-8 and #10-11, FANTASTIC FOUR VS. X-MEN #1-4, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS II #1-5, MEKANIX #1-6, BIG HERO 6 #1-5, and material from X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #36.
    1144 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00

MONSTERS VOL. 2: THE MARVEL MONSTERBUS BY STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER & JACK KIRBY HC
    Written by STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER, JACK KIRBY
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Comicdom’s famous monsters are on the loose! Marvel presents the concluding volume in our complete collection of Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby’s Marvel Monster saga. Marvel’s late 1950s/early 1960s comics were famous for their twist-ending tales, their alien invaders and especially their towering monster menaces — and no one drew giant monsters like Jack “The King” Kirby! It’s page after page of Grogg, Ogg, the Creature from Krogarr, Fin Fang Foom and more! These stories aren’t just a fun atomic romp, they’re the training ground where Stan Lee and Jack Kirby honed their creative partnership, learning each other’s strengths and building an unmatched rapport. In these pages, you’ll find out that the mother of the Marvel Age of Comics was…a monster!
    Collecting material from STRANGE TALES (1951) #87-100 and ANNUAL #1, JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #71-82, TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #20-34, TALES OF SUSPENSE #20-38, AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #1-6, and CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4-5.
    872 PGS./All Ages …$100.00

Fantastic Member

Here come the big TPBs:

IRON MAN: DIRECTOR OF S.H.I.E.L.D. — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Written by DANIEL KNAUF, CHARLES KNAUF, CHRISTOS GAGE & STUART MOORE
    Penciled by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE, JACKSON GUICE, CARLO PAGULAYAN, STEVE KURTH & HARVEY TOLIBAO
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Tony Stark takes on the Marvel Universe’s hardest job: director of S.H.I.E.L.D.! And he’s just the futurist to bring the peacekeeping intelligence organization up-to-date! But with Tony in the hot seat, what will that mean for Iron Man? He’ll deal with techno-zombies, an old hero with a grudge, a traitor in the Initiative and regime change in the nation of Madripoor! And a certain jade giant comes looking for payback when WORLD WAR HULK begins! The Mandarin plays a genocidal game, Tony’s past comes back to haunt him, the pressures of the job start to build, and a deadly menace lurks within S.H.I.E.L.D. itself! Will Tony Stark crack under the pressure of being the world’s top cop?
    Collecting IRON MAN: DIRECTOR OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #15-32 and ANNUAL #1.
    472 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99

NEW AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 4 TPB
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by MICHAEL GAYDOS, DAVID MACK, JIM CHEUNG, BILLY TAN, ALEX MALEEV, CHRIS BACHALO & MORE
    Cover by BILLY TAN
    SECRET INVASION rocks the New Avengers’ world! Trapped in the Savage Land, battling both friend and foe, Spider-Man turns to the one person he knows he can trust: Ka-Zar! But is it really him? Is anyone who they say they are? Discover how the Skrull infiltration ties to the team’s founding, and learn who instigated it — and why! What role did the Illuminati play? What happened to the Skrulls during HOUSE OF M? And when the Invasion ends and a Dark Reign begins, who will be the new New Avengers — and will they be heroes, or outlaws? Plus: Doctor Strange failed as the Master of the Mystic Arts, and the Marvel Universe has a legion of magic-users waiting in the wings to be the new Sorcerer Supreme. But who will rise to take up the mantle?
    Collecting NEW AVENGERS (2004) #38-54 and SECRET INVASION: DARK REIGN.
    480 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION: THE INFINITY GAUNTLET TPB
    Volume #7 in the Silver Surfer Epic Collections
    Written by RON MARZ, SUSAN KENNEDY & MORE
    Penciled by RON LIM, GAVIN CURTIS, TODD SMITH, TOM RANEY, STEVE CARR & MORE
    Cover by RON LIM
    To infinity and beyond! Follow the sentinel of the spaceways into a Marvel Universe-spanning cosmic extravaganza against the Mad Titan, Thanos — who wears the Infinity Gauntlet! Drax battles Firelord, the Surfer fights the Rhino, and Thanos forces Norrin to get introspective! But is this dimension big enough for the ultimate duel between the Silver Surfer and the Mad Titan? When the dust settles on Earth, the Surfer heads back into space, only to face Midnight, the Inhumans and the Collector! But how will that lead to him coming face-to-face with…Captain Mar-Vell?! Plus: The Surfer battles the undead, joins Mister Fantastic on an emergency mission, and takes on the Guardians of the Galaxy in the 26th century! And Nova goes solo!
    Collecting SILVER SURFER (1987) #51-66 and ANNUAL #4, and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #69 and #93-97.
    488 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE GOBLIN’S LAST STAND TPB
    Volume #7 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR. & GIL KANE
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    The tension-torn adventures of comics’ most put-upon super hero, the Amazing Spider-Man, continue! Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., Gil Kane and Gerry Conway bring you new creations like the Gibbon, and the return of iconic adversaries like Doctor Octopus and Kraven the Hunter! It’s enough excitement to give a hero an ulcer — and it does! Spidey also teams up with Doctor Strange against a mystic threat, goes toe-to-toe in a fight against the Incredible Hulk and faces Hammerhead — the only gangster with more steel in his dome than in his gun! The drama reaches its peak when the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen Stacy in the story that put a generation into therapy and cemented the Goblin’s name as the definition of evil. Don’t miss this seminal chapter in Spidey’s history!
    Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #105-123.
    432 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

SPIDER-MAN: THE LIFELINE TABLET SAGA TPB
    Written by STAN LEE & FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR., JIM MOONEY, JOHN BUSCEMA & STEVE RUDE
    Cover by STEVE RUDE
    Relive a Spidey epic decades in the telling! It all begins with a classic struggle over a petrified tablet said to hold the secret to eternal life! It’s a priceless relic that a lot of dangerous folks want to get their hands on — like the Kingpin of Crime, the Shocker, Man Mountain Marko and Maggia boss Silvermane! Others are drawn into the fray — including Quicksilver and Dr. Curt Connors — but the tablet has a lesson to teach: Be careful what you wish for! Years later, Hammerhead sets his sights on the sought-after stone — and its full secrets are revealed in a free-for-all that draws in Boomerang, the Sub-Mariner and Connors’ savage alter ego, the Lizard! Only a Spider-Man/Doctor Strange team-up can prevent the Lifeline Tablet from wreaking havoc!
    Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #68-75 and SPIDER-MAN: LIFELINE #1-3.
    248 PGS./Rated T …$24.99

SPIDER-MAN BY TODD DEZAGO & MIKE WIERINGO TPB
    Written by TODD DEZAGO, MIKE WIERINGO & RICHARD CASE
    Penciled by MIKE WIERINGO, LUKE ROSS, JOSH HOOD, RICHARD CASE, JASON ARMSTRONG & TODD NAUCK
    Cover by MIKE WIERINGO
    A sensational saga starring several Spider-Men! Ben Reilly (remember him?) has taken up the webs, but he’s about to be taken down by…the Looter?! And if he can get out of that one, he’ll face the sting of Swarm! But when revelations rock Ben’s world, he’ll make way for the one, true Spider-Man: Peter Parker! Peter takes on a Daily Bugle assignment in the Savage Land, where you might expect him to bump into Ka-Zar — but what’s the Hulk doing there? With the real Prowler out of action, someone muscles in on his act — and gets caught between Spidey and the Vulture! The Trapster and Living Pharaoh return, Doctor Strange lends a mystical hand, and we flash back to the days of a studious young boy, his Uncle Ben…and the Marvel Monsters!
    Collecting SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #7-24 and #-1.
    456 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

SPIDER-MAN VS. THE VULTURE TPB
    Written by STAN LEE, ROGER STERN, LOUISE SIMONSON, J.M. DEMATTEIS & PETER DAVID
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO, JOHN ROMITA SR., DON HECK, JOHN ROMITA JR., GREG LAROCQUE, SAL BUSCEMA & SCOT EATON
    Cover by SAL BUSCEMA
    Spider-Man’s greatest battles with his avian arch-adversary: the Vulture! Adrian Toomes has long been one of Spidey’s most fearsome foes, and their early encounters are all-time classics! But when Toomes’ ex-cellmate Blackie Drago takes to the skies, the elder statesman must prove that he is the one, true Vulture! Toomes gets a new lease on life and soars once more — but what started him on his airborne life of crime? Discover the secrets of the Vulture’s origin! He’ll take on more pretenders, the Vulturions — and seek forgiveness from a surprising victim when faced with his own mortality. But when the Vulture is hired to kill Spidey, will Peter Parker clip his wings for good?
    Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #2 (A STORY), #7, #63-64, #224 and #240-241; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #3; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #186-188; and FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #14-16.
    320 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE REBELLION VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by BRIAN WOOD, RON MARZ, JEREMY BARLOW, RYDER WINDHAM, MIKE W. BARR & HENRY GILROY
    Penciled by FACUNDO PERCIO, STÉPHANE CRÉTY, CARLOS D’ANDA, BRIAN CHING, TOMÁS GIORELLO, ADRIANA MELO, BRANDON BADEAUX, JEFF JOHNSON, JOE CORRONEY, NICOLA SCOTT, GARY ERSKINE,KEN STEACY, GLEN MULLALY & GLEN MURAKAMI
    Cover by HUGH FLEMING
    The rebels and the Empire — locked in conflict! When Leia announces plans to marry, will the Rebellion lose a princess, or gain a new safe haven? Darth Vader is on a mission to instill fear and discipline into the Imperial ranks using his elite stormtroopers! But as Obi-Wan Kenobi haunts the Dark Lord’s dreams, the name Skywalker dominates his mind! Meanwhile, Luke fights side-by-side with a veteran of the Clone Wars, and Han Solo flirts with an old flame. When Leia risks everything for a childhood friend, Han, Luke and Chewie must risk it all for her!
    Collecting STAR WARS (2013) #13-20, STAR WARS: EMPIRE #19-27 and material from STAR WARS KIDS (1997) #1-20.
    488 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

Spectacular Member

lackluster month.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE GOBLIN’S LAST STAND TPB
    Volume #7 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR. & GIL KANE
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    The tension-torn adventures of comics’ most put-upon super hero, the Amazing Spider-Man, continue! Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., Gil Kane and Gerry Conway bring you new creations like the Gibbon, and the return of iconic adversaries like Doctor Octopus and Kraven the Hunter! It’s enough excitement to give a hero an ulcer — and it does! Spidey also teams up with Doctor Strange against a mystic threat, goes toe-to-toe in a fight against the Incredible Hulk and faces Hammerhead — the only gangster with more steel in his dome than in his gun! The drama reaches its peak when the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen Stacy in the story that put a generation into therapy and cemented the Goblin’s name as the definition of evil. Don’t miss this seminal chapter in Spidey’s history!
    Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #105-123.
    432 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 1 HC

Written by DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT with STAN LEE
    Penciled by MIKE VOSBURG with JOHN BUSCEMA
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    When criminal defense attorney Jennifer Walters is shot by a mob hitman, her cousin saves her life with a blood transfusion — but that cousin is Bruce Banner, and his gamma-irradiated blood transforms her into the Savage She-Hulk! Suddenly she’s a mean, green lawyering machine, and criminals the world over had better watch out. Now, experience She-Hulk’s adventures from the very beginning in this beautifully restored Marvel Masterworks volume! Her quest will take her from the halls of justice to other dimensions — and pit her against Iron Man, mind-controlling cults, Man-Thing, and even her own father. But despite her new power, can Jennifer Walters survive the beast within? Her own blood is killing her — and only Morbius the Living Vampire may have the cure!
    Collecting SAVAGE SHE-HULK (1980) #1-14.
    296 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 1 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 246 (DM ONLY)
    296 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    This will do it for me.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    So, the April solicitations are here, and I'm here too to give you the HCs:

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS HC
    Written by MARK WAID & MORE
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT, MAHMUD ASRAR, ALAN DAVIS & MORE
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    The Avengers are dead — long live the Avengers! When a threat from beyond targets our world, fate draws Captain America, Thor, Vision and Iron Man together again — alongside three young adventurers who will reinvigorate Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Welcome to the big leagues, Nova, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, a.k.a. Spider-Man! But who is the familiar villain pulling the reassembled Avengers’ strings? Will the new lineup last long enough to find out? The newest Avengers will lose their memories in a STANDOFF at Pleasant Hill, feel the sting of the Unstoppable Wasp and be sundered by the fallout from a second CIVIL WAR!
    Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-15 and ANNUAL #1; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II).
    424 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    I've been seeing good reviews for the current Avengers series written by Waid. Is this its predecessor? How does it compare to the current series?

Spectacular Member

Haven't read any of the new Del Mundo series yet, but All New All Different was pretty lackluster IMO. It's got Waid so it's well-written, but just not a lot happened during this run, nothing about it felt like the flagship Avengers book.