Page 511 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 114114615015075085095105115125135145155215616111011 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 20773

Are the Silver Surfer epic collections worth getting? I really love the character, and I feel so late just now finding out about these. Worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    So, the April solicitations are here, and I'm here too to give you the HCs:

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS HC
    Written by MARK WAID & MORE
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT, MAHMUD ASRAR, ALAN DAVIS & MORE
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    The Avengers are dead — long live the Avengers! When a threat from beyond targets our world, fate draws Captain America, Thor, Vision and Iron Man together again — alongside three young adventurers who will reinvigorate Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Welcome to the big leagues, Nova, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, a.k.a. Spider-Man! But who is the familiar villain pulling the reassembled Avengers’ strings? Will the new lineup last long enough to find out? The newest Avengers will lose their memories in a STANDOFF at Pleasant Hill, feel the sting of the Unstoppable Wasp and be sundered by the fallout from a second CIVIL WAR!
    Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-15 and ANNUAL #1; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II).
    424 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99

BLACK PANTHER VOL. 1: A NATION UNDER OUR FEET HC
    Written by TA-NEHISI COATES
    Penciled by BRIAN STELFREEZE & CHRIS SPROUSE
    Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    A new era for the Black Panther begins as the kingdom of Wakanda enters what might be its final days! National Book Award winner and New York Times Best-Selling author Ta-Nehisi Coates (Between the World and Me) confronts T’Challa with dramatic upheaval in his homeland that will make leading the African nation tougher than ever before. When a superhuman terrorist group that calls itself The People sparks a violent uprising, the country famed for its incredible technology and proud warrior traditions will be thrown into turmoil! As Zenzi and Tetu, leaders of The People, poison the populace against its king, the spirit of T’Challa’s presumed-dead sister, Shuri, makes a transformative journey through Wakanda’s past, and a group of heroes, including Storm and Luke Cage, come together as The Crew to help Black Panther out. If Wakanda is to survive, it must adapt — but can its king, one of a long line of Black Panthers, survive the necessary change? Heavy is the head that wears the cowl!
    Collecting BLACK PANTHER (2016) #1-12.
    296 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

LOKI: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN OMNIBUS HC
    Written by KIERON GILLEN, DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING & MATT FRACTION
    Penciled by DOUG BRAITHWAITE, RICH ELSON, WHILCE PORTACIO, MITCH BREITWEISER, CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO, STEPHANIE HANS & ALAN DAVIS
    Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
    Kieron Gillen’s complete epic! The god of lies has been reborn, but will young Loki be Asgard’s savior? For when Earth is gripped by FEAR ITSELF, ancient prophecy says only Thor can stop the monstrous threat of the Serpent — but the plan is doomed to fail without help from Loki. Will the trickster find redemption — or damn himself for eternity? Either way, a Nightmare lies in wait hoping to rule the world, and Loki will have to risk everything on his craziest scheme of all! Plus: A forgotten hero returns, the New Mutants lend a hand, Captain Britain needs help with a godly war, and Hela sets her sights on the Holy Grail! But will all the nine worlds end in Surtur’s fire?
    Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (2011) #622-645, EXILED #1, NEW MUTANTS (2009) #42-43 and MIGHTY THOR (2011) #18-21.
    752 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    The JiM is a given. Waid always writes solid stories, so I figure this will be good. In fact, I've been waiting on it getting collected. The Black Panther is a blind buy but I've heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Are the Silver Surfer epic collections worth getting? I really love the character, and I feel so late just now finding out about these. Worth getting?
    The first one one released (vol 1) was a hodgepodge of material collecting all of the Surfer's various early appearances from FF. It was a disjointed reading experience, but OK from a historical viewpoint. The next one v3, was great. It takes the 1982 one-shot by Byrne plus the first issues of his 1987 series by Englehart. That one is highly recommended. Your mileage may vary on v1.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The first one one released (vol 1) was a hodgepodge of material collecting all of the Surfer's various early appearances from FF. It was a disjointed reading experience, but OK from a historical viewpoint. The next one v3, was great. It takes the 1982 one-shot by Byrne plus the first issues of his 1987 series by Englehart. That one is highly recommended. Your mileage may vary on v1.
    What happened to v.2?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    What happened to v.2?
    Epic Collections are published out of sequence, so Silver Surfer v2 has yet to be solicited. At minimum, it should cover the contents of the OOP omnibus (same as the two-volume MMW), if/when it sees print.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Epic Collections are published out of sequence, so Silver Surfer v2 has yet to be solicited. At minimum, it should cover the contents of the OOP omnibus (same as the two-volume MMW), if/when it sees print.
    Ah, brilliant. You've been most helpful. I think I'll pick up v.3 and probably this new volume announced.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MONSTERS VOL. 2: THE MARVEL MONSTERBUS BY STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER & JACK KIRBY HC Cover by JACK KIRBY:

Collecting material from STRANGE TALES (1951) #87-100 and ANNUAL #1, JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #71-82, TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #20-34, TALES OF SUSPENSE #20-38, AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #1-6, and CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4-5.

LOKI: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN OMNIBUS Cover by STEPHANIE HANS:

Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (2011) #622-645, EXILED #1, NEW MUTANTS (2009) #42-43 and MIGHTY THOR (2011) #18-21.

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY CHRIS CLAREMONT OHC Cover:

Cover by GENE COLAN, SALVADOR LARROCA, GEORGE TUSKA, JON BOGDANOVE, RON WILSON & BOB WIACEK
    Collecting WAR IS HELL #9-15, BLACK GOLIATH #2-5, CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-10, DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #38-45, MAN-THING (1979) #4-8 and #10-11, FANTASTIC FOUR VS. X-MEN #1-4, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS II #1-5, MEKANIX #1-6, BIG HERO 6 #1-5, and material from X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #36.

This is a strange one. Once again it's hasn't been marked as an Omnibus. Maybe Marvel have decided that any "Creator" compilations will from now on be simply collected as oversized hardcovers.

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS OHC Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR:

Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-15 and ANNUAL #1; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II).

BLACK PANTHER VOL. 1: A NATION UNDER OUR FEET OHC Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE:

Collecting BLACK PANTHER (2016) #1-12.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AVENGERS VOL. 17 HC Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ:

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 1 HC Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA:

RE: New solicitations.

I plan on picking up the SS & Spidey Epics, and the She-Hulk MMW. Other than that, nothing really strikes my fancy.

And that Chris Claremont Omnibus .... sheesh. They're really dredging the bowels of leftover material to find something for that book. I can see even the most ardent Claremont fans thinking twice about this one.

Not sure who the target market is for the Monsterbus books. I understand it ties in with the current MU's new series about Monsters, but I don't see this book having a wide appeal. I suspect it's aimed at middle-aged/older Marvel Zombies who felt they missed out when this stuff didn't get put in the MMW line.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    RE: New solicitations.

I plan on picking up the SS & Spidey Epics, and the She-Hulk MMW. Other than that, nothing really strikes my fancy.

And that Chris Claremont Omnibus .... sheesh. They're really dredging the bowels of leftover material to find something for that book. I can see even the most ardent Claremont fans thinking twice about this one.

Not sure who the target market is for the Monsterbus books. I understand it ties in with the current MU's new series about Monsters, but I don't see this book having a wide appeal. I suspect it's aimed at middle-aged/older Marvel Zombies who felt they missed out when this stuff didn't get put in the MMW line.
    I think the Claremont and the monster book will find their way into the bargain bin.