Page 513 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 134134635035095105115125135145155165175235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's a great point, but I think Marvel is still in that FF weirdness stage where they're ignoring the FF.

Or how about an Iron Fist omnibus. That featured a bunch of Claremont and Byrne and there's a Netflix show coming out in March.
    I'm surprised this wasn't in the Omnibus either,

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Ma...marvel+team+up

If that book was reprinted as well as Iron Fist I might have considered buying it, oh well. Also noticed that marvel team up book is out of stock at instocktrades

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...E-TP/SEP110677

so if you want to purchase it you should do so ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I've been seeing good reviews for the current Avengers series written by Waid. Is this its predecessor? How does it compare to the current series?
    Haven't read the new series yet since I'm a Marvel Unlimited reader and therefor always sixth months behind. But this is the predecessor. This is the volume that ran through Civil War 2. So very recent, could even be the series you're thinking of since the new relaunch is only a few issues in. It's a very good title. Typical quality writing from Waid. Has an old teaching the new theme going on, even though some of the old are legacy characters who are new to their roles themselves. Closest comparison I can think of is the Johns' JSA run over at DC. If you're a Ms Marvel fan, this book will really compliment her omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From the IDW solicitations:

The Amazing Spider-Man: The Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection, Volume 4 (1983-1984)

Stan Lee (w) • Fred Kida, Floro Dery (a & c)
    The merry Marvel team-up you’ve been waiting for, as Spider-Man crosses paths with the one, the only, the regal Sub-Mariner! Plus shock follows shock as Aunt May turns criminal, Mary Jane Watson finds she has not one but two rivals tugging at Peter’s heartstrings, and Spidey is caught between the mysterious Cerebrum Institute and a fanatical terrorist organization!
    HC • PC • $49.99 • 324 pages • 11” x 8.5”
    “The trouble with a daily serialized story is how long it takes for anything to happen. Thanks to IDW’s continuing collections of notable comic strip runs, that trouble has been eliminated. Here in [each] handy book is two full years of Spidey adventures…It’s a fine addition to the library of any comic strip fan, and sure to be a treat for Spidey, Lee, and Romita connoisseurs.” –Cinema Sentries
    Advance solicited for June release!

Walter Simonson’s Thor: The Return of Beta Ray Bill Artist’s Edition HC

Walter Simonson (w & a & c)
    The fate of Earth and Asgard hang in the Balance as Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and tons of guest-stars do battle Surtur and his horde of invading demons!
    The second Thor Artist’s Edition by the legendary comics’ creator Walter Simonson! Featuring six complete issues of The Mighty Thor (#349 – 354). As with all Artist’s Editions, each page of art scanned from the original art, in this case, from Simonson’s personal archives. Simonson’s first Thor Artist’s edition won the prestigious Eisner Award and has gone through multiple printings, don’t miss what promises to be an extraordinary book.
    HC • BW • $125.00 • 160 pages • 12” x 17”
    Advance solicited for June release!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I believe that ALL of the stories in both Monsterbuses were yet to get an MMW before they essentially cancelled the Atlas MMW line. The Kirby Ditko and other stories were close to the end of Atlas era / right before the silver age began.

So for those Atlas era fans jonesing to get this material, this is most likely the ONLY way you'll get it.

I won't pay full price but I am intrigued and would like to read them - so if they get clearanced than I'll probably nab one.
    I'm not sure about that. I don't mean to nitpick, but for the sake of not deceiving someone into wasting money, we should probably check the issue numbers on the Monsterbus vs. MMW. I don't have time to do it right now.

For some reason, though, the Atlas cheesy monster stories in the MMWs became weirdly entertaining to me after a little while. I would say this is worth getting on clearance if you don't already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    I'm surprised this wasn't in the Omnibus either,

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Ma...marvel+team+up

If that book was reprinted as well as Iron Fist I might have considered buying it, oh well. Also noticed that marvel team up book is out of stock at instocktrades

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...E-TP/SEP110677

so if you want to purchase it you should do so ASAP.
    That MTU Spidey TPB by Claremont/Byrne is pretty great stuff. I picked up a copy cheap last fall and really enjoyed it!

Spectacular Member

From Tom King's Twitter a half hour ago:

"Warning: this is a useless tweet, but I wrote it anyway. Got some cool news about Sheriff and Vision recently. Should be able to share soon."

No doubt that Vision OHC is going to be a reality.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post

"Warning: this is a useless tweet, but I wrote it anyway. Got some cool news about Sheriff and Vision recently. Should be able to share soon."

That would be fantastic news! I've been holding out for a Vision OHC!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Damnit. I just bought the second trade.
    Cyclops was right

That or a complete collection.
    We need better comics

Does anyone think the Spider-Man by Michelinie/McFarland omnibus will ever be reprinted? Or should I just buy one off eBay?

Obviously I know nobody can see the future, just looking for opinion. Want some Spidey so I think I'll start with Stern omni and then the M/M.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I hope everyone had a good 2016 and managed to purchase quite a few of their favourite Collected Editions.

How did everyone do with regards to Omnibuses? This is what I managed to pick up:
    Kinda late, but thought I'd share how my 2016 "return to comics" went:

Uncanny X-Men omnibus vols. 1-3
    Daredevil by Miller/Janson omni
    Watchmen Absolute Ed.
    Batman by Miller HC
    LoEG omni

My goals for 2017:

Alpha Flight omni
    FF by John Byrne vols. 1-2
    DD by Miller companion omni
    Spiderman by Stern; Michelinie/McFarland; Michelinie/Larsen
    Star Wars Marvel Years omnibus vols.1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Does anyone think the Spider-Man by Michelinie/McFarland omnibus will ever be reprinted? Or should I just buy one off eBay?

Obviously I know nobody can see the future, just looking for opinion. Want some Spidey so I think I'll start with Stern omni and then the M/M.
    Doubtful. It was one of those books that was in stock for a long time before slowly going OOP. The next place for this material to appear is likely the Epic Collections.

Speaking of Omnibus reprints, why has Astonishing X-Men not gotten a reprint in like 6 or 7 years? That seemed like a good candidate for "evergreen status" (big name writer, big status-quo changing story, great art, etc). I know it had a couple of printings back in the day, but this always seemed like a good one to keep around for new readers to enjoy.

Same argument: Ultimates. Especially since it's basically the 1st draft of the MCU in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Doubtful. It was one of those books that was in stock for a long time before slowly going OOP. The next place for this material to appear is likely the Epic Collections.

Speaking of Omnibus reprints, why has Astonishing X-Men not gotten a reprint in like 6 or 7 years? That seemed like a good candidate for "evergreen status" (big name writer, big status-quo changing story, great art, etc). I know it had a couple of printings back in the day, but this always seemed like a good one to keep around for new readers to enjoy.

Same argument: Ultimates. Especially since it's basically the 1st draft of the MCU in movies.
    I've thought the same thing about X-Men especially since Morrison's book has gone through various editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Kinda late, but thought I'd share how my 2016 "return to comics" went:

Uncanny X-Men omnibus vols. 1-3
    Daredevil by Miller/Janson omni
    Watchmen Absolute Ed.
    Batman by Miller HC
    LoEG omni

My goals for 2017:

Alpha Flight omni
    FF by John Byrne vols. 1-2
    DD by Miller companion omni
    Spiderman by Stern; Michelinie/McFarland; Michelinie/Larsen
    Star Wars Marvel Years omnibus vols.1-3
    That's a nice little 2016 haul you have there.

You might want to be on a sharp lookout for those Fantastic Four Byrne Omnis and have them as your No. 1 priority, as Vol. 1 is OOP and Vol. 2 is on its way. Daredevil Omnis seem to be quite popular, so one can probably expect the Daredevil Companion Omnibus to start selling out as the year progresses. Also, I've noticed that the Star Wars Marvel Years Vol. 1 Omnibus has started to sell out with some comic retailers.