Page 518 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 184184685085145155165175185195205215225285686181018 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 20773
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know when Marvel is going to come out with the next vol of X-Men picking up after X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus v2?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know when Marvel is going to come out with the next vol of X-Men picking up after X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus v2?
    That would be Bishop's Crossing, which is already several years old/
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I believe it's Bishop's Crossing. The OHC is OOP but there is a really recent paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Thanks guys
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So Alpha Flight Omni does not say "volume 1", this concerns me in the same way other vol.1's haven't been followed up on.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So Alpha Flight Omni does not say "volume 1", this concerns me in the same way other vol.1's haven't been followed up on.
    That's because it collects the entire Byrne run. So need to label it as vol 1. Plus, I doubt they reprint any issues after that anyway.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Thanks guys
    No problem.
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    However, keep in mind that Bishop's Crossing MOSTLY fills in the UXM issues parallel to the end of Claremont/Lee Vol. 2 as it covers Lee's run on X-Men Vol. 2. It contains just two X-Men Vol. 2 issues to bridge from the Omnibus to X-Cutioner's song, and there is no OHC for X-Men Vol. 2 following X-Cutioner's song to match Fatal Attractions on the UXM side. (It's continued in the TPB "Skinning of Souls").

First, the idea that Alpha Flight would ever merit a second omnibus is pretty hilarious.

Second, I think it's better to leave off the Vol. 1 and still maybe come back with a second volume eventually than to hopelessly strand Volume Ones on your bookshelf forever never to meet their mates.
    Last edited by krisis; 02-01-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quick question about how Marvel does their collected editions: from what I've seen, in general, it seems the first collected edition is usually either a TPB or standard trim HC. Then later OHC, and then maybe released in an Omnibus format. Am I correct? Is it pretty likely that everything is collected in some OHC or omnibus format? Or does it just depend on sales?

That's because it collects the entire Byrne run. So need to label it as vol 1. Plus, I doubt they reprint any issues after that anyway.
    Going to have to agree with DK and Krisis. I don't think there will be a follow.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

If the movie rights for Dazzler were owned by Marvel, you can bet your ass she'd be seeing a huge push/revamp and have her own title right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So how important is the 80's Dazzler series to X-Men continuity? If I skip reading it will I be lost on anything when she becomes a regular team member?
    I've been reading X-Men for over 20 years now, and own almost every issue since her first appearance. Never read a single issue of her solo series. The only time I ever felt like I needed something filled in that I was missing was the issue where she comes out of the Siege Perilous and someone who used to know her finds her and helps her regain her memory, and she has an established stalker. And even then, it wasn't some confusing plot I couldn't follow.

Post-Claremont Dazzler is a different story. Her continuity has been messy ever since she announced she was pregnant and went off to space with Longshot. (I believe X-Men #11, contained in Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol. 2) Since then, writers will bring her back in whatever role they see fit until she disappears from the title again. Most recently she was a Shield agent in Bendis' run, but I won't comment further on that because it would get spoilery.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Quick question about how Marvel does their collected editions: from what I've seen, in general, it seems the first collected edition is usually either a TPB or standard trim HC. Then later OHC, and then maybe released in an Omnibus format. Am I correct? Is it pretty likely that everything is collected in some OHC or omnibus format? Or does it just depend on sales?
    Who knows man. Books that should be getting OHC'd like Vision, and OML aren't yet books that are mediocre at best like Avengers and Spider-man are.

Spectacular Member

Is Byrne's Alpha Flight good? I've read somewhere that it is considered one of Byrne's best work, but I could not even finish his F4 run - I attribute this to F4 rather than Byrne as I'm not into the team that much, outside of Hickman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I don't have any help for you, really, but I'm in kind of the same boat. After LOVING the Stern Spidey omni, I've been grabbing all kinds of Stern Avengers books. I haven't read any of them yet (HOARDER), but they have to be good, right?
    You're darn right they're good! I am biased because these are the comics I grew up on, but Uncle Rog is an amazing writer and his Avengers run is one of the best runs on the book. Plus you get Buscema art which is amazing, too.

While there is some focus on the big guns (Cap mostly), Mr Stern really spreads it around. One of the best focuses on the Wasp ever, introduction of Capt Marvel (now called Photon), heavy usage of Black Knight (yay!!), Hercules is in there and written great, etc... Plus the villains are great, too. You get the Masters of Evil storyline which has darn near everyone in it - Zemo, Absorbing Man, Wrecking Crew, a new female Yellowiacket, etc....

Just go buy the hcs or the Epics now, or go read them if you already have them. You won't regret it. Just keep in mind these are 80's comics, so LOTS of dialogue, no 2 page spreads, and etc... so they take longer to get through but they're definitely worth it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.