Page 524 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 244244745145205215225235245255265275285345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Remind me again about the Realm of Kings Omni... I forgot it was coming out.
    I have Annihilation, Conquest, GotG, War of Kings omni and RoK OHC. I know the GotG is a useless paperweight now but I should get RoK Omni right?
    Probably, but there will be a lot of double dipping for you. The big thing you're missing is Thanos Imperative, which is the finale of the DNA cosmic saga. Then there are Nova issues, and I believe Annihilators issues. Luckily, I never got the GOTG Omni, so I didn't get hit there like most people did. (Although I did buy them for $1 each digitally before I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited.) But I do already have the RoK and Thanos Imperative OHCs, so won't be a completely new omnibus for me either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Yeah mine feels and looks just fine. My problem with my copy is thisAttachment 44826 In all other regards I find it a pretty nice book.
    Looking at that pic I can see the artwork from the page before. Thats thin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Probably, but there will be a lot of double dipping for you. The big thing you're missing is Thanos Imperative, which is the finale of the DNA cosmic saga. Then there are Nova issues, and I believe Annihilators issues. Luckily, I never got the GOTG Omni, so I didn't get hit there like most people did. (Although I did buy them for $1 each digitally before I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited.) But I do already have the RoK and Thanos Imperative OHCs, so won't be a completely new omnibus for me either.
    Thanos Imperative is also in the GotG Omni.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Already have the New Mutants Classics so no point in purchasing the Epics. However, I would definitely be in for an Omnibus!

Thankful I ordered the ROK omni on Friday before they apparently ran out of stock. I ordered it with the Alpha Flight omni which seems to be stirring up some concerns.

While I am not as bothered by thin paper & "questionable" construction as others might be, it definitely is quite jarring jumping from one of the older omni's to one of the newer one's.

The only book I have from Marvel in which I was truly concerned to handle was the Infinity OHC. I was very sure I would rip at least a few of the pages while turning. Luckily, I made it through tear free!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So how many people are planning on getting the New Mutants Epic Vol. 1 in March? I want to get it to show support for the line but I'm also thinking their is a good chance of an Omni when the movie comes out.
    Definitely buying it. I love the Epics format and the Classics paper has a nice feel but I've found that it tends to yellow. Plus, my money is on the next NM Epic filling the one reprint gap (directly prior to #87).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Looking at that pic I can see the artwork from the page before. Thats thin.
    As I finished flipping through the book after finding that. I did notice a fair amount of bleed through. The paper doesn't feel any thinner than what they have been using, but this book has a lot of white areas. It's not to bad until the page is lifted off the page block behind it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Definitely buying it. I love the Epics format and the Classics paper has a nice feel but I've found that it tends to yellow. Plus, my money is on the next NM Epic filling the one reprint gap (directly prior to #87).
    How different is the paper quality between the classics & epics? Maybe I will upgrade to the newer format...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    As I finished flipping through the book after finding that. I did notice a fair amount of bleed through. The paper doesn't feel any thinner than what they have been using, but this book has a lot of white areas. It's not to bad until the page is lifted off the page block behind it.
    I'm guessing that Snowbird issue (#6, 7?) reads just fine...? :P
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Are they doing any Official Marvel Handbooks or Updates in Collected Editions?

Hi <okSwede>,

We have ordered more copies of this title through Marvel but we were told that it may take a few weeks for the item to arrive here. Once it is back in stock, we will re-activate the book on our website. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your business! We appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Emily

Hello <IST>

Do you expect any more copies of Realm of Kings omnibus? I intended to order one during your release week sale. Thanks.

<okSwede>

Spectacular Member

Wasn't there a daredevil omnibus that was supposed to be out last week? or this week? I haven't seen it anywhere despite keeping an eye out for it.

Since last time I got some valuable advice on the Fatal attractions ohc thought I would ask what are the opinions on the material in the Punisher War Journal Complete collection (is it a complete collection? The one by Carl Potts and Jim Lee).

I'm not a Jim Lee fan but his art is always decent at least so I guess that part is covered but I have no idea how these stories are but I vaguely remember people saying the Jim Lee Punisher is good stuff.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Since last time I got some valuable advice on the Fatal attractions ohc thought I would ask what are the opinions on the material in the Punisher War Journal Complete collection (is it a complete collection? The one by Carl Potts and Jim Lee).

I'm not a Jim Lee fan but his art is always decent at least so I guess that part is covered but I have no idea how these stories are but I vaguely remember people saying the Jim Lee Punisher is good stuff.
    I'm not a huge Punisher fan to begin with, but somehow I've managed to read quite a bit of the 90's stuff. Much of it is exactly how it looks - ridiculous and over the top. However the very early stuff (Zeck's mini and Potts War Journal) isn't bad. So if you can snag this book for a good price, I'd go for it.

The only other Punisher run that held my interest was Greg Rucka's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    Wasn't there a daredevil omnibus that was supposed to be out last week? or this week? I haven't seen it anywhere despite keeping an eye out for it.
    Yes, the Daredevil Silver Age Vol. 1 Omnibus was initially supposed to be due out last week. It got pushed back a week. It should appear on IST's site later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Its not listed as a complete collection on the spine. I enjoyed it from a nostalgia perspective.