Page 53 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast

For what it will cost online, I am okay with $62.50 for the MOKF omnibus. I assume cost of restoration, plus the licensing to Sax Rohmer are the reason.

The Squadron Supreme omni is a bummer, though. It would be nice to have a companion instead.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Is Alias must read? The omnibus is selling at discount at IST
    More of a discount or the standard 42%? Either way, grab it now, its already jumped back in to the top 10 and it will be selling like gangbusters come Saturday.

Incredible Member

Is Alias must read? The omnibus is selling at discount at IST
    If you're trying to read up for the Netflix series, it'll certainly give you background on her character and the premise for the series. But there's going to be very little from the series that will be a direct translation onto the screen, especially in terms of story and characters involved.

If you're just wondering about it in general, it's definitely a good read about the intersection of the Marvel Universe where street level meets the bigger powers down on a lower grade level.

While the private investigator thing is dropped in Jessica Jones: The Pulse, I actually think Bendis hits his stride a bit better in that book, aside from the tie-in with Secret War from #6-9. I thought Jessica's pregnancy and relationship with Cage was explored very well, and there's some other interesting stuff going on with Ben Urich. The Ben Urich/D-Man story is pretty fantastic and is a hidden gem in there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    For what it will cost online, I am okay with $62.50 for the MOKF omnibus. I assume cost of restoration, plus the licensing to Sax Rohmer are the reason.
    Your latter reason is what I was also taking into account.
    The restoration is basically standard on these Silver/Bronze collections so I figure it has to be tied to something more legal like licensing fee as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Thanks for all the responses about Alias. I am a big fan of Powers and Bendis's DD and the reviews for Jessica Jones have been great so I may pull the trigger.

Parable by Moebius is being reprinted? Where?

Thanks for all the responses about Alias. I am a big fan of Powers and Bendis's DD and the reviews for Jessica Jones have been great so I may pull the trigger.

Parable by Moebius is being reprinted? Where?
    You'll love it then. It is an amazing series.

Side note, anyone noticed places like IGN talking about the Netflix show and how they are and aren't going to do so and so, such as things like whether Jessica will get her costume at the end. These people get paid to make these things and have clearly never read the material they are talking about... Meanwhile there are people on this board with a ridiculous level of knowledge who should be getting paid to use it. I mean, it's essentially one and a half short runs for Jessica Jones' entire history.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I don't frequent those Marvel MMW boards, but what is the reaction to this news over there? Are people gushing about just having the Shang Chi omni at all, or are they expressing the same frustrations?

I know Cory hangs out there, so I'm curious if they're telling it like it is, or if everything is rosy.
    Mixture, mainly gushing though
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Not happy about the SS Classic omnibus. Would have rather seen the JMS MAX series and the tie-ins put in an omnibus.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    With the release of SECRET WARS: LAST DAY OF THE MU, I hope it means they will release the tie-ins in Omnibus as well!
    Me too! I just have to have Zombies, Weirdworld and Siege in oversized format.

Mighty Member

+1 Yes please.

*to JMS SS Omni

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    With the release of SECRET WARS: LAST DAY OF THE MU, I hope it means they will release the tie-ins in Omnibus as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Me too! I just have to have Zombies, Weirdworld and Siege in oversized format.
    ++Wierdworld!
    Also,
    Infinity Gauntlet is beautiful and needs OHC.
    Also, Civil War, Old Man Logan and Where Monsters Dwell!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

The Squadron Supreme omni is a bummer, though. It would be nice to have a companion instead.
    That's my stance on both those books as well. MOKF I'll be getting, but no way am I double-dipping on SS.

And would it kill them to release Bendis' New Avengers Vol. 2 instead of *$&# such as the Ewoks/Droids? I'm so sick of pondering whether to sell my Vol 1 Omni or the first few OHCs. (Yes, I did double-dip there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    It must be a Ditko rights thing. Just looked at the SA Spider-man omnibi. Volume 1 ends Ditko's run and Volume 2 starts up with Romita. These omnibi don't go by the 3 Masterworks rule as well. There's 7 in the 2 volumes. Funny that the Masterworks don't follow the same rule.

Can anyone explain?
    Not a rights thing. They just found it cute to release Ditko-centric books.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 11-18-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    In case someone didn't do their math, at this point there's way too many Epic lines, and they're coming out way too slow to add more of it or having things like late 90s X-Men or post Heroes Reborn Captain America volumes to come out as Epics. There's already pretty slim chance that Amazing Spider-Man #1-393 (current most sensible stopping point) or whole first Avengers or Iron Man series come out in Epic (because currently it looks like it will take more than 20 years), so let's not want to make it even slimmer.
    Thank you! I personally think Incredible Hulk and Daredevil are the only series worthy (for lack of a better term) of joining the original Epic Collection lineup. The others have just diluted the brand.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So im one who dosnt have the first SS omni. Should I get the first or the new one? I like the idea of having more material, but I know nothing about the series.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    The page count was given, 384. And it would actually fit the content of the FF and Avengers issue, first 8 and annual, and two other X-Factor appearances, Amazing #282 and Iron Man Annual #8 I think. But now Amazon has the content and it's: AVENGERS (1963) 263; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 286; X-FACTOR (1986) 1-9; X-FACTOR ANNUAL 1; MATERIAL FROM CLASSIC X-MEN 8, 43.
    HOLY CRAP, we're finally getting those early X-Factor issues? I was beginning to think they might never happen. Shame it's not OHC, though.

Marvel's misguided confidence in Squadron Supreme entertains me to no end.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!