Page 530 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 304304805205265275285295305315325335345405806301030 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IG was quite highly anticipated and obviously a Lee X-men book sells but who asked for X-force?
    Me, and I would buy future volumes release day purchases!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    obviously there are always some people who are happy, as I said I like the New Warriors omni but I would rather have a lager print run of Annihilation or UXF instead (even though I don't want Annihilation I'm aware of the demand while X-force is going for sale prices for 2 or 3 years now?)

Incredible Member

obviously there are always some people who are happy, as I said I like the New Warriors omni but I would rather have a lager print run of Annihilation or UXF instead (even though I don't want Annihilation I'm aware of the demand while X-force is going for sale prices for 2 or 3 years now?)
    Yeah I think they waaayyy over estimated the desire based on the magic letter "X" in the title. Just being snarky, that title has a huge nostalgia factor me.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Definitely regret not purchasing the Uncanny X-Force omni when it was released. Was not at the top of my buy pile at the time & figured I could wait a few months. HA! Will never make that mistake again.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

some of these like the crossing or X-force are like mould. You just can't get rid of them.
    Can't help but think these 90's books that no one asked for and some of the early stuff that got wwaaaay overprinted are responsible for recent underprintings that sold out within a couple of months like UXF and Annihilation.
    I dont think it's fair to call them 'underprintings' - Marvel printed the amount they found to be financially a success and sold them through. They cant reprint another few thousand and hope they get bought just to suit what is likely quite a small number of people who dont own these books, especially when they'll make more money releasing a whole new omnibus of material the majority dont already own.

I think it's better they print a lower number and see them sell out and that has to be better than they take a huge loss like they seem to have done done with a good 50% of the omnis released the last few years that just got clearanced, because if that keeps happening, Marvel will kill the line.

It makes sense to keep some titles from the big franchises evergreen, but the more niche titles - not so much.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 02-14-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Ha ha, I think you've been indulging too much in that brew you make!

Hey guys

I know everyone hides in these threads, or used to, so I was hoping you could pop into this thread to answer some questions about buying damaged comic books:

http://community.comicbookresources....ed-Comic-Books

What's the general consensus of next week's Elektra complete collection from Milligan, Hama, and Deodato? Worth picking up?

I'm two-thirds of the way through Alpha Flight and I forgot just how effed up all these characters are. I mean they've all got some serious issues and most of them mental. LOL. Very disturbing.

Also, re-reading this for the first time in a looooong time I never realized that other than the X-Men appearances that this not only isn't a team book but AF really isn't even a team at least under Byrne's pen. It reads like some weekly drama with ongoing storylines from characters who occasionally cross paths and interact but mostly just have their own thing going.

It's also got some serious boring parts. I was never a fan of Shaman and Talisman and Byrne's often dense writing doesn't help.

Overall, it's not bad and actually better than I remember but also different than I remember.

Also Byrne was in his prime at that time as far as his art goes and it's just beautiful.

The build of the book is kind of **** tho. It's got a very intentional curved spine which affects how the book closes and how it kind of moves around when you read it. It's not necessarily falling apart or breaking but it's poorly constructed.

My two cents.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    What's the general consensus of next week's Elektra complete collection from Milligan, Hama, and Deodato? Worth picking up?
    I skimmed over it about a year or so ago. Did not enjoy the writing, and the art was as 90's as Deodato ever got, in my experience.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd skip it unless you're a completist. And even then, the single issues can be found for less than half the outrageous price they're asking.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

X-Force sold a hundred zillion copies back in the day. I think the #1 is the second most sold issue of a comic ever? It was a hot, "buzzed" book for Marvel for a few years there, with a very distinct (love it or hate it) style. Of course Marvel would think there's a commensurate market for an omnibus there, and that it warranted the large print run. Thing is the reputation of the material hasn't held up over the years. And I'd guess Marvel was aware of that, but didn't have any data from previous sales trends suggesting it factored in. They do now, ha.

I'd guess the Elektra complete collection is probably not much but mid-90s cheese. And even as an impossibly horny teenager the pinup art in my LCS of Deodato's Elektra made me feel gross and ashamed of my hobby rather than turned on. I mean it's really overdone. I'll be picking this up because Deodato's similar art didn't ruin my enjoyment of William Messner-Loeb's Wonder Woman, so it probably won't ruin my enjoyment of Elektra if the stories are any good. If they're any good. I'm not really expecting they will be--I mean it's a hell of a hill they'd have to climb considering everything--but only one way to find out, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Definitely regret not purchasing the Uncanny X-Force omni when it was released. Was not at the top of my buy pile at the time & figured I could wait a few months. HA! Will never make that mistake again.
    This was the biggest no-brainer "omnibus that will sell out fast and command $$$ on the secondary market" that Marvel has ever released.

All-New Member

Hi all,

First post. Normally a lurker, but I saw something I wondered if any one could confirm.

Speedyhen has a listing for the X-Men Claremont and Lee omnibus with a publication date of 30/06/2017.

Is this getting a reprint?

Thanks,

Niall

Quote Originally Posted by Diagrid3 View Post
    Hi all,

First post. Normally a lurker, but I saw something I wondered if any one could confirm.

Speedyhen has a listing for the X-Men Claremont and Lee omnibus with a publication date of 30/06/2017.

Is this getting a reprint?

Thanks,

Niall
    I don't know the answer, but the prospect of it would be amazing. I missed them when they were in print and I'd be all over it now.