Page 532 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 324324825225285295305315325335345355365425826321032 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 20773

While waiting for the new solicitations I found my self visiting Krisis soberly compiled Most Wanted list of 2016 : Most wanted 59 Omnibus books of 2016 and wondering what luck will we have in the next announcements...

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    While waiting for the new solicitations I found my self visiting Krisis soberly compiled Most Wanted list of 2016 : Most wanted 59 Omnibus books of 2016 and wondering what luck will we have in the next announcements...
    I just had a look at the Dr. Strange entries on there. I hope a Dr Strange Omnibus Volume 2 would just fill the gap between the end of Volume 1 (Strange Tales #146) and where the Epic Collection: A Seperate Reality starts (#180).
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Whe can we expect to find out what the next batch of Epics will collect?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Whe can we expect to find out what the next batch of Epics will collect?
    They're announced on Amazon through August.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Speaking of the next Epics. The X-Men Second Genesis one has some issues that were not collected in the Omnis, right?

The MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 53, 69-70 and the Iron Fist issues (which are already in the first IF Epic, the main reason I bought it and of course the first appearance of Sabertooth). I know that is a hard sell, but still as a completist you know how it goes.

I am also reading the UXM Vol. 10 Masterworks. I cannot belive that most of the material had not been collected before ... I think the first appearances of Forge, Rachel's entrance into the 616 timeline, Pierce, Selene, some really good character stories (Kitty and Peter), the Mutant Registration Act make for a great reading experience (plus the LifeDeath issue previously collected with a bunch of other issues by BWS).

My problem with the collection is that at least 2 storylines seem to crossover directly to the New Mutants issues and I think it would be a even better reading experience if Marvel had released the second New Mutants Epic Collection by now or in the near future (which should cover those issues) but it will probably take some time until this will happen (I know the material is available in OOP classics but I am not willing to spend so much money here with the Epic line). But overall: great material, now give us the missing issues before and after Fall of Mutants and we have finally reached the goal line for the complete UXM issues in collected editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Idk how many copies are left, but I don't think it is even nearly the worst performer. That award might go to

XStatix (this thing is still kicking around my lcs', and it came out forever ago)
    Evolutionary War
    Marvel NOW

Or something along those lines
    X-statix is such a shame, it's a great book and I'm an idiot not picking up the omni when it was going fr 45 quid and now I can't find it under 70.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Thanks again, krisis! But I actually meant the batch after that one.

Any idea when they'll be solicited?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I just had a look at the Dr. Strange entries on there. I hope a Dr Strange Omnibus Volume 2 would just fill the gap between the end of Volume 1 (Strange Tales #146) and where the Epic Collection: A Seperate Reality starts (#180).
    In this interview, Cory lays out what the next two Doc omnibus will look like. (Scroll until you see Stephen.)

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    In this interview, Cory lays out what the next two Doc omnibus will look like. (Scroll until you see Stephen.)
    Wow thanks for that. It sounds as if the issues from the Epic Collection: A Separate Reality, will be in the 2nd omnibus then.

This allows the second Doctor Strange Omnibus to collect the conclusion of the Strange Tales run and the complete 1968 series with its wrap up in Sub-Mariner, Hulk, and Marvel Feature. Then, the third volume can be the complete 1970s Marvel Premiere run through the end of Steve Englehart’s tenure on the 1974 series.

I won't bother buying the Epic now. I'll just wait for the 2nd omnibus

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I can't get the link to open. If I follow fluffysheep the next DocStrange Omni vol.2 contains the following
    Strange Tales(1951) #147-168 w/the Subby, Hulk and Marvel Feaure pertinent issues.

There would then be a volume 3(would it be labeled as that I wonder?), containing the following.
    Marvel Premiere(1972) #3-14 and Doctor Strange(1974) #1-18
    I could see where this is a new vol.1 cause another 2 omnis completes this DS volume.

My observation is that this 1974 series runs for 81 issues. Would Marvel do a vol.4 & 5, labeling it as such, to complete this run? Or would they instead take the WCA approach and complete the run by breaking it up into different marketable ways?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I can't get the link to open. If I follow fluffysheep the next DocStrange Omni vol.2 contains the following
    Strange Tales(1951) #147-168 w/the Subby, Hulk and Marvel Feaure pertinent issues.

There would then be a volume 3(would it be labeled as that I wonder?), containing the following.
    Marvel Premiere(1972) #3-14 and Doctor Strange(1974) #1-18
    I could see where this is a new vol.1 cause another 2 omnis completes this DS volume.

My observation is that this 1974 series runs for 81 issues. Would Marvel do a vol.4 & 5, labeling it as such, to complete this run? Or would they instead take the WCA approach and complete the run by breaking it up into different marketable ways?
    The link is just missing the colon after the http, but the rest of the Dr Strange bit in the interview says:

Then, the third volume can be the complete 1970s Marvel Premiere run through the end of Steve Englehart’s tenure on the 1974 series. That makes for three fantastic collections that I can’t wait to do. Other options were weighed. The story breaks were either less than ideal or the page counts were so huge as to be untenable.

Dr Strange certainly isn't the most straight forward character to follow and collect!
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 02-16-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Perhaps a Dr. Strange by Roger Stern Omnibus?

Nice to see some of these clearance Marvel titles hit eBay. I've gotten Star Wars omnis 1 & 2 for under $90 shipped for both. Holding out for a good price on #3 still.

Anyone recommend Werewolf by Night? Pretty cheap now, and I like Bronze Age pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post

I just realised that 8 of the 59 Most Wanted Omnibus have been solicited already!

The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 3
    Alpha Flight, Vol. 1
    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, Vol. 1
    Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen Omnibus
    Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen AKA Loki by Kieron Gillen & Matt Fraction
    Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1
    Daredevil (1964), Vol. 1
    Realm of Kings

I Hope someone at the collected editions department knows about this list...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    I just realised that 8 of the 59 Most Wanted Omnibus have been solicited already!

The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 3
    Alpha Flight, Vol. 1
    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, Vol. 1
    Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen Omnibus
    Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen AKA Loki by Kieron Gillen & Matt Fraction
    Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1
    Daredevil (1964), Vol. 1
    Realm of Kings

I Hope someone at the collected editions department knows about this list...
    The yearly Top 50 Omnibus Survey results which are accumulated from our forum and the Marvel Masterworks Forum are posted on the Marvel Masterworks Forum by Tigereyes. Cory Seidlmeier and Jeph York from the Marvel Collected Dept. frequent the latter forum so I reckon they have a good idea what we want. I don't think the decision making comes from them, however. Although, Cory may have a bit of a say.