Page 534 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 344344845245305315325335345355365375385445846341034 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 20773
    Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I'm also doing the same thing w/ Spidey. Lee/Ditko run>Stern's run>Michiline/Mcfarlane>Mcfarlane solo?>Michilinie/Larsen>Clone Saga?>Straczynski>Brand New Day>Big Time>Superior>current Spidey. I know there's some worthwhile material in between those gaps(Death of Stacys/Kraven the Hunter), any nice fat trades/epics to fill in?
    Well, there's the DeFalco/Frenz run, between Stern's and Michelinie's. The first half of the run is collected (the Epic Ghosts of the Past).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    How is the SA Avengers Omnibus Vol. 2
    I have the first one but haven't read it yet.
    Is it worth a buy? It is pretty cheap in the omnibus sale...
    Its a slight improvement over the first omni. They introduce Ultron, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver which is cool. I didn't find either book too impressive though. In fact it was a bit of a slog to get through. I'm not a huge SA person but I can say I enjoyed SA Spidey and SA F4(volume 2 onwards) more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Well, there's the DeFalco/Frenz run, between Stern's and Michelinie's. The first half of the run is collected (the Epic Ghosts of the Past).
    That's the introduction of the Alien suit correct? Thanks, I'll check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This sucks because I was going to get it but if true then Marvel is going to save me some money. Even at 50 percent off, I'm not paying the price.

I have yet to see any major discounts although I'm just checking Ebay. I've seen a few books that are in the $35 to $40 range but they come with a $10 shipping tag, so to me it's the same as when they were half off at CGN or IST.

Granted, I'm only looking at Ebay.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that on us. They charged 100USD for Elektra which was 400 pages..and their last 576830 event books have had horrible pricing.

Look up the seller drewbizz, I actually made an offer for 26 for the F4 Fraction omni and he accepted. Came out to 34. He also does +4USD combined shipping for additional omni's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Its a slight improvement over the first omni. They introduce Ultron, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver which is cool. I didn't find either book too impressive though. In fact it was a bit of a slog to get through. I'm not a huge SA person but I can say I enjoyed SA Spidey and SA F4(volume 2 onwards) more.

That's the introduction of the Alien suit correct? Thanks, I'll check those out.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that on us. They charged 100USD for Elektra which was 400 pages..and their last 576830 event books have had horrible pricing.

Look up the seller drewbizz, I actually made an offer for 26 for the F4 Fraction omni and he accepted. Came out to 34. He also does +4USD combined shipping for additional omni's.

Thanks! (10 char)

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I was really considering getting IvX when the inevitable OHC was released, but looking at Hatchette it seems the X tax is in full effect. https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti.../9781302906535

$75 MSRP for 7 issues is crazy. Marvel is making it easier and easier to stick to my post Secret Wars bailing. At this point I think Aaron's Thor is the only thing that still has me.
    Yep. That's an entire year of Marvel Unlimited. Easy choice.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Is the first Busiek Avengers omnibus OOP?
    Both vol 1 & vol 2 are in the current round of Marvel Omnibus clearance so now's the them to get them if you want them.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

For those of you with fingers crossed for a Planet Hulk Omni this fall to celebrate the Thor/Hulk cinematic team-up, one of the freshest Amazon fish for Marvel is a Hulk: Planet Hulk Prose Novel
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    For those of you with fingers crossed for a Planet Hulk Omni this fall to celebrate the Thor/Hulk cinematic team-up, one of the freshest Amazon fish for Marvel is a Hulk: Planet Hulk Prose Novel
    Why would you do that to me, man?!
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, although it can still purchased from certain quarters if you look around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    Both vol 1 & vol 2 are in the current round of Marvel Omnibus clearance so now's the them to get them if you want them.
    Yeah, I plan on getting them If I see them for a good price.

Marvel seems to be doing a lot of those now.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Why would you do that to me, man?!
    Ha ha that was kind of cruel.

What would be in a Planet Hulk omni? His time on the planet and then WW Hulk? I'd hope they would include the four issues not written by Pak that ship off to the planet. Have those been collected anywhere?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What would be in a Planet Hulk omni? His time on the planet and then WW Hulk? I'd hope they would include the four issues not written by Pak that ship off to the planet. Have those been collected anywhere?
    They were in the Prelude to Planet Hulk collection.

I still expect a Thor omnibus because of the movie. I wonder what he will get since Loki is getting one
    We need better comics

I still expect a Thor omnibus because of the movie. I wonder what he will get since Loki is getting one
    Hopefully a Simonson reprint. I also do expect a Planet Hulk omni. We'll see.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm hoping for a Thor vol.3(SA) Omni and a Planet Hulk Omni. My longshot hope would be The Incredible Hulk vol.2(SA)
    However, since we didn't get a Wolverine vol.2(BA) to coincide with Logan, which would've been a perfect tie-in, I'm not optimistic on any of those 3 either.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm hoping for a Thor vol.3(SA) Omni and a Planet Hulk Omni. My longshot hope would be The Incredible Hulk vol.2(SA)
    However, since we didn't get a Wolverine vol.2(BA) to coincide with Logan, which would've been a perfect tie-in, I'm not optimistic on any of those 3 either.
    DO IT MARVEL!!
    If they do a Planet Hulk "omni" (basically a reprint) to include the prelude tpb I will be a rather frustrated double dipper.
    Last edited by Brewman; 02-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Marvel missed a real opportunity here by not doing World War Hulk as a prose novel instead.. Think of how much better that would read if your eyeballs weren't leaking out of your face from the art.