Page 535 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 354354855255315325335345355365375385395455856351035 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Marvel missed a real opportunity here by not doing World War Hulk as a prose novel instead.. Think of how much better that would read if your eyeballs weren't leaking out of your face from the art.
    I actually prefer WWH to PH. The art is nice in PH if you're only looking at them as single drawings but it was hard to follow, didn't flow well and the whole book was an irritating slog for me. WWH was a quick fun read and I don't mind Romita's blocky figures.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I actually prefer WWH to PH. The art is nice in PH if you're only looking at them as single drawings but it was hard to follow, didn't flow well and the whole book was an irritating slog for me. WWH was a quick fun read and I don't mind Romita's blocky figures.
    I've just started reading Planet Hulk as it is one of the several Marvel events I'm reading along the way as I read through Daredevil (1998) Vol. 2. I read the first several issues of Planet Hulk yesterday evening and I have to agree with you on the flow issue. It does jump jerk from time to time, although it's not a major problem and I am very much enjoying it. I'll see how it progresses.

Even though I have the Planet Hulk OHC, I'm finding it very hard to find a decently priced World War Hulk OHC. I would, therefore, very much welcome a Planet Hulk Omnibus. Maybe this is the project that Jeph York has been working on. Personally, I was hoping it would be a Shadowland Omnibus. Come to think of it, why not both?

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for January 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

58. Wolverine Origin Complete Collection OHC - 1,324
    59. Punisher Max Complete Collection Vol. 5 - 1,313
    62. Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 20: Future Imperfect - 1,308
    67. Deadpool World’s Greatest OHC Vol. 1 - 1,229
    69. Marvel Masterworks Invincible Iron Man HC Vol. 10 - 1,189
    81. Amazing Spider-Man Worldwide OHC Vol. 1 - 1,073
    85. Jack Kirby Fantastic Four Artist Edition HC (IDW) - 1,029
    86. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 1: The Newspaper Strips - 1,027
    94. Iron Man Epic Collection Vol. 2: By Force of Arms - 915
    96. Wolverine Weapon X Unbound TPB - 905
    98. Wolverine By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 883
    103. New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 841
    109. Luke Cage, Iron Fist & The Heroes For Hire Vol. 2 TPB - 831
    110. Deadpool Beginnings Omnibus - 827
    117. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 Road To Annihilation TPB - 795
    126. Black Panther: Doomwar TPB - 761
    152. Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Vol. 2 - 599
    155. Chris Samnee Daredevil Artist Edition HC (IDW) - 580
    248. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 340

DC Omnibus stats below:
    121. Batman Brave & The Bold Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 – 786
    127. Flash The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 760

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    DO IT MARVEL!!
    If they do a Planet Hulk "omni" (basically a reprint) to include the prelude tpb I will be a rather frustrated double dipper.
    I got me all the Hulk Masterworks lately, so I am out for a possible HULK Omni Vol. 2 to put beside my Vol. 1. Better readable, better paper than todays Omnis from Marvel....and available. DC is getting more and more in my view, as they produce fantastic books nowaydays. Thick paper like Marvel used to have them 10 years ago and quite a good binding. Justice League Vol. 2 looks, feels and reads quite nice. Now if they just used the faux leather HC finish like Marvel did....

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Hopefully a Simonson reprint. I also do expect a Planet Hulk omni. We'll see.
    Maybe Thor Omni Vol.1 and Walter Simonson reprints but i'll keep fingers crossed for Hulk by Peter David Omni !

Spectacular Member

So I found the OHC from Marvel's May solicitations:
    Mighty Thor Vol. 3 Omnibus
    Punisher Back to the War Omnibus (early appearances)
    Punisher By Ennis Omnibus (reprint)
    Planet Hulk Omnibus
    Star Wars Marvel UK Omnibus
    Star Wars Darth Vader by Gillen and Larrocca Omnibus
    Amazing Spider-Man Worldwide Vol. 2 OHC

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Planet Hulk Omnibus
    There are few things I would get here
    We need better comics

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Planet Hulk Omnibus
    This seems super-likely, but I've scoured the web and can't find a confirm for this yet.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    This seems super-likely, but I've scoured the web and can't find a confirm for this yet.
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...rveltrades.htm

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day we got a Punisher by Ennis reprint.

This is amazing.

About that other Punisher omnibus, how's the material? Any good?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Sweet, thanks!

Full OHC and MMW list (enguarde skipped a handful):

Amazing Spider-man: Worldwide Vol. 2 HC
    Amazing Spider-Man (2015) #12-19, and material From Free Comic Book Day 2016 (Captain America) #1 and Amazing Spider-man (2015) #1.

Hulk: Planet Hulk Omnibus HC
    Fantastic Four (1998) #533-535, Incredible Hulk (2000) #88-105, Giant-size Hulk (2006) #1, What If? Planet Hulk, Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook And Material From New Avengers: Illuminati (2006) #1 And Amazing Fantasy (2004) #15. (This is effectively the Planet Hulk OHC + Planet Hulk Preview TPB + some support errata from Illuminati and What If?)

Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-in-one Vol. 2 HC
    Collecting Marvel Two-in-One (1974) #11-20 and Annual #1, Marvel Team-up (1972) #47, and Fantastic Four Annual #11.

Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage, Power Man Vol. 2 HC
    Collecting Power Man #17-31.

Marvel: The Hip-hop Covers Vol. 2 HC

The Mighty Thor Omnibus Vol. 3 HC
    Thor (1966) #153-194.

Punisher By Garth Ennis Omnibus HC (New Printing)
    Punisher (2000) #1-12, Punisher (2001) #1-7 And #13-37, Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe, And Material From Marvel Knights Double Shot #1.

Punisher: Back To The War Omnibus HC
    Collecting Amazing Spider-man (1963) #129, #134-135, #161-162, #174-175, #201-202 & Annual (1964) #15; Giant-size Spider-man (1974) #4; Marvel Preview (1975) 2; Marvel Super Action (1976) #1; Captain America (1968) #241; Daredevil (1964) #182-184; Spectacular Spider-man (1976) #81-83; And Punisher (1986) #1-5. (The same contents as Essential Punisher with the added ASM #174-175)

Star Wars: The Marvel Uk Omnibus HC
    Collecting Star Wars Weekly #60, #94-99 And #104-115; Empire Strikes Back Monthly #149, #151 And #153-157; Star Wars Monthly #159; Ewoks Annual 1989; Star Wars: The Official Collectors' Edition; And Material From Pizzazz #10-16.

Star Wars: Darth Vader By Kieron Gillen & Salvador Larroca Omnibus HC
    Collecting Darth Vader #1-25 And Annual #1, Star Wars: Vader Down And Star Wars (2015) #13-14.
    Last edited by krisis; 02-21-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I'm liking Mavel's new Omnibus pricing

HULK: PLANET HULK OMNIBUS HC

Written by GREG PAK, J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI, DANIEL WAY, PETER DAVID & BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Penciled by MIKE MCKONE, KEU CHA, Juan Roman Cano Santacruz, CARLO PAGULAYAN, AARON LOPRESTI, RAFA SANDOVAL, ALEX MALEEV AND MORE Cover by LADRONN

The strongest one there is, in his most savage story ever! After a brutal battle between the Hulk and the Fantastic Four, Earth's greatest heroes decide that for the good of all -- they must shoot the Hulk into space! But when he lands on the savage world of Sakaar, an epic for the ages begins. This one has it all: Strange alien planet! Oppressed barbarian tribes! Corrupt emperor! Deadly woman warrior! Gladiators and slaves! Battle-axes and hand blasters! Monsters and champions! And the Incredible Hulk! Let the smashing commence! Plus: an alternate take, a guidebook to Sakaar and Amadeus Cho's totally awesome debut! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #533-535, INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #88-105, GIANT-SIZE HULK (2006) #1, WHAT IF? PLANET HULK, PLANET HULK: GLADIATOR GUIDEBOOK and material from NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI (2006) #1 and AMAZING FANTASY (2004) #15.

656 pages, $00.

The Planet Hulk Omnibus is a MAJOR disappointment what with them not including World War Hulk. I reckon I won't be upgrading from my Planet Hulk OHC any time soon. Extremely poor show Marvel!

99% of the content of the Star Wars UK Marvel Omnibus is included in the Star Wars Complete Marvel Years Vol. 3 Omnibus, so this looks like it will be dead on arrival.

The Punisher Ennis Omnibus reprint gives one hope for reprints of the Daredevil Bendis Omnis and the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus.

The only one I'm truly interested in is the Star Wars Darth Vader Omnibus. Fortunately, I didn't pick up the OHCs as was the case with Daredevil.

Nice. Glad to see the Planet Hulk Omnibus! A little bummed though, as I was hoping for a PAD volume as well. Maybe later on.

Also just noticed, according to the solicitation that Web of Spider-Man #29 (the Wolverine appearance) and #30 (Rose reveal) are included in the ASM: Kraven's Last Hunt Epic. Did we know that already? I'd missed it if so, and am now pleasantly happy it's included!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Planet Hulk Omnibus is a MAJOR disappointment what with them not including World War Hulk. I reckon I won't be upgrading from my Planet Hulk OHC any time soon. Extremely poor show Marvel!
    But! Now that gives them an excuse to do another WWH Omnibus later on. Honestly it would have been impossible include EVERYTHING WWH in a combo Planet Hulk + WWH Omnibus. WWH had many, many tie ins (X-Men WWH, WWH minis for Aftersmash, Frontline, Damage Control, Gamma Corps, etc) plus prologues, and tie ins with other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    99% of the content of the Star Wars UK Marvel Omnibus is included in the Star Wars Complete Marvel Years Vol. 3 Omnibus, so this looks like it will be dead on arrival.
    I'm not super-familiar with either, do you know what the extra content is, off the top of your head, in the UK Omni? I only picked up one of the SW:OMY Omnis ... vol 2 when it was dirt cheap on amazon. I've got the content already in the smallish DH Omnis, but am strongly considering upgrading to Epic TPBs. Just curious about the UK stuff I've never read before.