Page 541 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 414414915315375385395405415425435445455515916411041 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 20767

Anyone got pics of Darth Vader OHC?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Darth Vader vol 2

dv.jpg

Daredevil by Mark Waid omnibus

dd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Darth Vader vol 2

dv.jpg

dd.jpg
    Hm. Looks like I will go for the HC.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That's basically all I was asking them to do. I wasn't asking for a discount or anything. More than willing to pay the price of the book, just send it with my order I just made. Nope, they couldn't do it. Dumb
    I was a CGN loyalist for years.
    After receiving two botched orders in a row and being treated rudely when working out exchanges (a customer should not have to put forth undue effort to correct a sellers mistake) I switched to IST.
    Faster shipping, better packing and free shipping over $50.
    The only advantages of CGN are better search functions and a greater abundance of OOP books.
    I also noticed that many books CGN has listed as "not arriving from the distributor" are readily available on IST.
    I think CGN has been losing a lot of customers.
    The service has slipped significantly.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

IST has fantastic customer service. They always replace you books if they're damaged, even if it takes a while, and they're always polite about it.
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I also defected from CGN to IST within the last year after spending I-don't-want-to-tell-you how much money on CGN since 2011.

There were too many little inconsistencies in CGN's process for me, including seemingly random shipping times, constantly escalating postage, some bad picks and packaging damage, and them eliminating pre-orders but then ordering so low on some titles such that they were out of stock as soon as they hit the site. It was a death by 1,000 cuts.

The thing that tipped me against them is that their site frequently produced errors or time-outs in the PayPal processing step, but that would still remove books from stock in their inventory system (basically, marking them as sold before the PayPal handshake rather than after). I experimented a few times and was able to deliberately deplete their stock on titles in this fashion without buying anything. I know that's the fault of their software rather than the human beings, but it's just too much annoyance to deal with when I simply want to log in and buy some books.

Ultimately I really should be using DCBS, but the shift coincided with a change in my buying trends, so IST makes more sense at the moment.
    Last edited by krisis; 02-23-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Darth Vader vol 2

dv.jpg

dd.jpg
    That Vader looks great. I like how the SW ohc's actually have colorful spines. One thing I don't like about the non-SW one's is that their designs are bland. Blue title with white spine. I'll definitely be picking up those two

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Following the recent May solicitations and taking into account all upcoming releases, these are the Omnibuses I am aiming to pick up:

Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Volume 3
    War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 3
    Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen Omnibus
    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 1
    Loki: Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen Omnibus
    Star Wars Darth Vader by Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larocca Omnibus

Spider-Man's Tangled Web Omnibus - I really can’t understand the pricing on this one. $100!!! for only 560 pages!!! and with the material generally readily available at reasonable prices. This Omnibus truly does not warrant a $100 price tag unless there’s a hidden gem in there we know nothing about. I really hope this drops to $75 and it will be an immediate purchase for me.

Also these are very BIG maybe’s:

Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Volume 1 – I have all the OHCs, but the Omnibus is my favoured format, so I’m in a bit of a dilemma. It doesn’t help that DD is my favourite superhero. Forking out that extra cash would be slightly painful. Therefore, I might just wait for clearance prices to hit if at all.
    Planet Hulk Omnibus – same as Daredevil by Waid in that I already have the OHC which btw has the faux leather cover and the quality paper which the Omnibus will not have. If the Omnibus retails at $100, it will be a wee bit overpriced and I’ll stay well clear.
    Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus Volume 2
    Punisher Back to the War Omnibus – I’m not a big fan of the Punisher, but as a kid in the early 80s I grew up on him due to my regular comic purchases being Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man. If anything, I will purchase this for sentimental reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Ultimately I really should be using DCBS, but the shift coincided with a change in my buying trends, so IST makes more sense at the moment.
    Aren't DCBS and IST the same company?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    That one is a TPB not HC. Never read that specific tale, but from the Defenders issues I've sampled from this era, they aren't the greatest.
    What a bummer! I expected a hidden gem.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Yes, but with DCBS you need to be ready to pre-order months ahead, just as you would with Previews. I'm not quite that advanced in my decision-making now, it's more about the week-to-week releases and budget
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Sister companies I thought.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Spectacular Member

Yes, as well as Tales of Wonder.

Years ago I used DCBS fairly regularly. You just need to pre-order before the cut off date, or wait until the books arrive in-stock. Also you pay a flat rate of $7 as I recall for shipping. Then I found IST and started using them because most big ticket new releases are also 50% off (the same as pre-ordering from DCBS) but you get free S&H over $50. IST's additional 2% loyalty discount is nice as well. They're my go-to online source for comic books.

I've used CGN and never really had any problems, shipping damage, or anything like that. The main reason I use IST instead of CGN is the free S&H.

On another topic, the newest batch of clearance Omnis are popping up for sale now. Dheader's eBay store has many of them for dirt cheap. I picked up 4 from them yesterday for $160 total (inc S&H): SW vol 1 & 3 (already had vol 2 from when it was clearanced on amazon a few months back), Iron Man by Busiek, and Cap: Return of Winter Soldier. Sure am glad I waited on the Cap: ROWS Omnibus. I almost bought it on release week but decided to hold off. I ended up only paying $27 for it! That's a darn good deal on some $100 and $125 cover price HCs

Guardian of the Galaxy by Jim Valentino omnibus cover.

goth.jpg