Page 543 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 434434935335395405415425435445455465475535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh yes!

Looking forward to this one.
    Me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is one of my Top 3 books, to date, for 2017 that I'm looking forward to from Marvel.
    Would love it if they completed the run but since New Avengers still needs a vol. 2 and New Warriors doesn't have a follow up solicited I'll probably just have to be content with the one volume sadly.
    This is a blind buy for me. It's not a one and done?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Looks lovely. Too bad it's the exact same material already released in the first 3 TPBs. I can't justify over $100 CAD just for the oversize treatment. Great material though if you like (good) 90's cosmic.
    Well, that's why they released the TPB's to see if they'd sell. I didn't buy them hoping for an Omni and didn't double dip, you're doing the same thing from the other side. Some will double dip though.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This is a blind buy for me. It's not a one and done?
    The Valentino material, yes but that volume of the original GotG went for 62 issues. This Omni covers #1-29, Annuals #1-2 and other related material. Perhaps one more volume could complete it though if this sells well enough.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So, I'm almost done with Wolverine/X-Men omnibus by Aaron.

He's always been an odd writer for me. He's written some brilliant stuff (Scalped, Punisher Max, most of Thor) and then some things that have just fallen short but had so much potential - Wolverine being one of them. That said, this omnibus wasn't that bad. I mean there were some arcs that were suck-stupid, but - maybe because I set the bar so low going in - I think overall it's way better than I thought.

I will say the art is horrendous. There are panels and I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.

Anyway, just curious, didn't Spider-Man take over in another volume for awhile and is that any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

The Valentino material, yes but that volume of the original GotG went for 62 issues. This Omni covers #1-29, Annuals #1-2 and other related material. Perhaps one more volume could complete it though if this sells well enough.
    OK, thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So, I'm almost done with Wolverine/X-Men omnibus by Aaron.

He's always been an odd writer for me. He's written some brilliant stuff (Scalped, Punisher Max, most of Thor) and then some things that have just fallen short but had so much potential - Wolverine being one of them. That said, this omnibus wasn't that bad. I mean there were some arcs that were suck-stupid, but - maybe because I set the bar so low going in - I think overall it's way better than I thought.

I will say the art is horrendous. There are panels and I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.

Anyway, just curious, didn't Spider-Man take over in another volume for awhile and is that any good?
    I share your sentiments on the WatX omnibus material. The Spider-Man volume is delightful, but the LaTour WatX comes first (and it's not good).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I share your sentiments on the WatX omnibus material. The Spider-Man volume is delightful, but the LaTour WatX comes first (and it's not good).
    Ah, thanks. I'll trust your judgement since you're our local historian of all things X!
    I think I'll try to get the Spider-Man tpb (I'm assuming it's been collected) and skip the LaTour.

Some new Amazon fish

Thor: The Trial of Thor
    Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-in-One Vol. 2
    Figment
    Amazing Spider-man: Worldwide Vol. 2 OHC
    Marvel: The Hip-Hop Covers Vol. 2 HC
    Werewolf By Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness
    Marvel Horror: The Magazine Collection
    Defenders Epic Collection: Ashes, Ashes
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin

Plus the stuff from the last solicitations
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Some new Amazon fish

Thor: The Trial of Thor
    Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-in-One Vol. 2
    Figment
    Amazing Spider-man: Worldwide Vol. 2 OHC
    Marvel: The Hip-Hop Covers Vol. 2 HC
    Werewolf By Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness
    Marvel Horror: The Magazine Collection
    Defenders Epic Collection: Ashes, Ashes
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin

Plus the stuff from the last solicitations
    Given the price listing, I think Thor: Trial of Thor and Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin are also epic collections. Does anyone want to guess what issues they will contain?

also anyone has any idea based on the title what the DD Heart of Darkness epic will collect?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Given the price listing, I think Thor: Trial of Thor and Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin are also epic collections.
    They're not.

What issues does Defenders Ashes, Ashes cover? Is it the original series?

oh shit... 5 of the 6 Omibus (only Thor Vol. 3 is still missing) are dated for september...
    I was expecting that Marvel would have slowed down and those 6 Omnibus were for the last 4 months but its the opposite!

I find that this policy of releasing 4 or 5 Omnibus every month is insane and it is only getting worse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What issues does Defenders Ashes, Ashes cover? Is it the original series?
    So far all the epics have been for the original series. The title doesn't ring any bells. Maybe the Peter Gillis run at the end of the title? He had most of the cast die (for a little while) with the 3 survivors (Beast, Angel, Iceman) free to head over to X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    also anyone has any idea based on the title what the DD Heart of Darkness epic will collect?
    A reprint of the Diggle run plus Shadowland and Reborn?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Would like to think it'd be Vol 14, following up A Touch of Typhoid. DD 271-291 would finish Nocenti's run, but 21 issues seems like slightly too many for an Epic and doesn't allow for any books outside the main series. Not sure how they'll determine the break point on that next volume.