Page 544 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 444444945345405415425435445455465475485545946441044 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    So far all the epics have been for the original series. The title doesn't ring any bells. Maybe the Peter Gillis run at the end of the title? He had most of the cast die (for a little while) with the 3 survivors (Beast, Angel, Iceman) free to head over to X-Factor.
    Thanks, Rincewind.

The title did not ring any bells with me, either.

I am always looking for the first 70 issues to be collected. To me, those were the best of the series.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    also anyone has any idea based on the title what the DD Heart of Darkness epic will collect?
    This will be the next batch of Ann Nocenti's run. Heart of Darkness is the title from Daredevil #278 where DD and friends (Karnak, Gorgon & others) run into Blackheart, Mephisto's son. This, therefore, should be Vol. 14.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What issues does Defenders Ashes, Ashes cover? Is it the original series?
    "Ashes, Ashes... We All Fall Down" is the story title of Defenders #119. That would likely make this Volume 7, pairing nicely with the initial Defenders Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This will be the next batch of Ann Nocenti's run. Heart of Darkness is the title from Daredevil #278 where DD and friends (Karnak, Gorgon & others) run into Blackheart, Mephisto's son. This, therefore, should be Vol. 14.
    nice! Thanks! Despite it's somewhat clumsy execution and the tiresome Inferno crossover I quite liked the first Nocenti Epic so I will get this one as well.
    Btw: cool profile pic. Loved For all seasons and especially that scene.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! Thanks! Despite it's somewhat clumsy execution and the tiresome Inferno crossover I quite liked the first Nocenti Epic so I will get this one as well.
    Btw: cool profile pic. Loved For all seasons and especially that scene.
    You're welcome Balakin. I'll also be picking it up even though I have the single issues. I'm not a massive fan of Nocenti's run but there are some redeeming factors, JRJR'S art and Al Williamson's inks being one of them.

Yeah, I'm a fan of For All Seasons also and that pic is one of my favourites (we have 2 dogs and 3 cats - our family loves animals ).

Anyone getting the 3rd Omnibus of Master of Kung Fu this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Given the price listing, I think Thor: Trial of Thor and Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin are also epic collections. Does anyone want to guess what issues they will contain?
    The Spidey Revenge of the Green Goblin would be the end of the Mackie/Paul Jenkins era of Spidey circa ASM vol 2 #25 & the Revenge of the Green Goblin limited series. This was the era where Norman tried to make Peter Parker his heir. Hopefully it'll mate up to the previous Spidey Next Chapter TPB or the JMS trades

EDIT: Assuming they're bridging the gap between Spidey: Next Chapter vol 3 and the Spidey JMS trades, we would be looking at ASM v2 #20-29, Peter Parker: Spider-Man 20-29, ASM Annual 2001, and Spidey: Revenge of the Green Goblin 1-3. That'd be a bit much as an Epic Collection probably. Twenty "regular" issues, a three issue mini, and a double size annual make for about a 25 normal sized issue TPB. Subtracting the extra Peter Parker issues (except #25 which is in the ROTGG crossover and #29 which is the MJ/stalker x-over) gets you down to about an collection of ~18 normal sized issues which seems consistent with the Epics. Let's see!
    Last edited by grahamgg; 02-27-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Yes I ordered it today.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Hell yes. But i didn't even know it was out this week.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The Spidey Revenge of the Green Goblin would be the end of the Mackie/Paul Jenkins era of Spidey circa ASM vol 2 #25 & the Revenge of the Green Goblin limited series. This was the era where Norman tried to make Peter Parker his heir. Hopefully it'll mate up to the previous Spidey Next Chapter TPB or the JMS trades

EDIT: Assuming they're bridging the gap between Spidey: Next Chapter vol 3 and the Spidey JMS trades, we would be looking at ASM v2 #20-29, Peter Parker: Spider-Man 20-29, ASM Annual 2001, and Spidey: Revenge of the Green Goblin 1-3. That'd be a bit much as an Epic Collection probably. Twenty "regular" issues, a three issue mini, and a double size annual make for about a 25 normal sized issue TPB. Subtracting the extra Peter Parker issues (except #25 which is in the ROTGG crossover and #29 which is the MJ/stalker x-over) gets you down to about an collection of ~18 normal sized issues which seems consistent with the Epics. Let's see!
    That would be intriguing because (a) it proves the epics will go past the end of ASM and (b) that's the only gap in ASM from the relaunch to present day!

EDIT: Oops - not an Epic! (b) still applies, though!
    Last edited by krisis; 02-27-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member

I think all it proves is that it's time to start treating people for Epic fetish.

Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness
    Defenders Epic Collection: Ashes, Ashes
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin

You are seeing it, right? That one is not like the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yes I ordered it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Hell yes. But i didn't even know it was out this week.
    Sweet. I'm looking forward to it, more than the first two even, since I dig Mike Zeck's art, and he's all over this one.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    I think all it proves is that it's time to start treating people for Epic fetish.

Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness
    Defenders Epic Collection: Ashes, Ashes
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin

You are seeing it, right? That one is not like the other two?
    I totally blew past that. To be fair, earlier I saw other folks talking about one of the other non-Epics as if it was one so I thought perhaps all the new announcements were Epics and I just missed some context
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Well, who knows? MAYBE it will be an Epic! I mean DD: Fall from Grace was originally solicited as a fat TPB, then got re-branded as an Epic with extra issues added. Same deal with the upcoming X-Factor v1 Epic originally solicited as X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse.

Incredible Member

Well my replacement Alpha Flight omni arrived and...image.jpgBasically identical production defect. With a bonus of the cover being off centerimage.jpgSo back it goes.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?