Page 545 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 454454955355415425435445455465475485495555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 20773
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Well my replacement Alpha Flight omni arrived and...Attachment 45934Basically identical production defect. With a bonus of the cover being off centerAttachment 45935So back it goes.
    That happened to me with the UXN Vol 1 reprint. First copy, the spine was falling out. Second copy, the first 25 pages just weren't in the book. Luckily, IST has good customer service. *plug**plug*
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    That happened to me with the UXN Vol 1 reprint. First copy, the spine was falling out. Second copy, the first 25 pages just weren't in the book. Luckily, IST has good customer service. *plug**plug*
    Yup pretty much only place I buy from anymore.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Well, who knows? MAYBE it will be an Epic! I mean DD: Fall from Grace was originally solicited as a fat TPB, then got re-branded as an Epic with extra issues added. Same deal with the upcoming X-Factor v1 Epic originally solicited as X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse.
    So two books out of... hundreds? Maybe it will be Revenge of Sinister Six instead of Green Goblin, chances aren't that much smaller.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    oh shit... 5 of the 6 Omibus (only Thor Vol. 3 is still missing) are dated for september...
    I was expecting that Marvel would have slowed down and those 6 Omnibus were for the last 4 months but its the opposite!

I find that this policy of releasing 4 or 5 Omnibus every month is insane and it is only getting worse
    Makes me curious what they have planned for release the last quarter of '17 with September being crammed so full(kinda like the first of March with 3).
    Watch it be material I'm not as eager to have.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Anyone getting the 3rd Omnibus of Master of Kung Fu this week?
    Yes!

Well my replacement Alpha Flight omni arrived and...Attachment 45934Basically identical production defect. With a bonus of the cover being off centerAttachment 45935So back it goes.
    I've had that miscut page issue on a few Marvel Omnis and one VALIANT Deluxe but never a DC Omni or Absolute.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Now I want to flip through my Alpha Flight omni again just to make sure everything looks OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    So two books out of... hundreds? Maybe it will be Revenge of Sinister Six instead of Green Goblin, chances aren't that much smaller.
    OK, nevermind.

I'll be getting it regardless and happy to have it. I have the old TPB from around 15 years ago with only the GG mini + ASM/PP #25s. It'll be a nice upgrade. I'm not one of these folks who are hung up on trim style or format. I'll collect anything I like in any format as long as it's something I like. I'm still using some of the B&W Essentials to plug gaps in my Hulk & Spidey collections until they're eventually replaced with color reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I'm still using some of the B&W Essentials to plug gaps in my Hulk & Spidey collections until they're eventually replaced with color reprints.
    Unless something changes, and it always can, we aren't likely to see many color upgrades to early Hulk anytime soon.
    I've been wanting a TIH vol.2 (SA) for some time. I sold my Essentials vol.1&2 cause the 1st Omni covered most of that. Would love to ditch TIH Essentials vol.3&4 so I feel you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Unless something changes, and it always can, we aren't likely to see many color upgrades to early Hulk anytime soon.
    I've been wanting a TIH vol.2 (SA) for some time. I sold my Essentials vol.1&2 cause the 1st Omni covered most of that. Would love to ditch TIH Essentials vol.3&4 so I feel you.
    Poor Hulk. His 1st Omnibus sold so poorly, I'm genuinely surprised we're seeing a new Omnibus coming for him. The downer is the pending Planet Hulk Omni "only" contains the old OHC and the prelude TPB content. I guess the positive is a few years back during the Loeb/Pak Fall of the Hulks era we received some nice Omni-in-all-but-trade-dress fat OHCs of that era. Still, I'd really go for some of the older stuff in Omnibus format as well. They already have the MMW files ready to go, but doesn't seem likely.

You guys are adorable complaining about your defective Omnibuses.

I have Absolutes, Omnibuses, etc, all with defects galore, from the pick above, to smeared printing, to torn pages, to hole, etc, etc, etc.

Very few to none of them can I ever exchange, since they were either immediately OOP, or whoever I bought them from could only refund, and not replace.

This is just the game you play with these limited run books. Sure, they should do a better job with producing them, but nothing's perfect.

Spectacular Member

I haven't always been an IST customer, but this is the first time AFAIK that an Epic Collection did not receive their Deal-of-the-Week treatment upon its release. X-Factor v1 is up for purchase at 42% off rather than 50%. Does anyone here recall another such Epic that I've overlooked?

Maybe this will be the new norm for the X-Epics. Although not in the Epic line, Wolverine Weapon X Unbound (aka Hama/Silvestri v3) similarly did not benefit from half-off treatment earlier this year. I'll be curious to see what happens with New Mutants v1, Excalibur v1, X-Force v1, and X-Men v5 in the coming weeks.

Ordered the Guardians omni and the Inhumans OHC today from IST. Looking forward to both.

I skipped on the Daredevil by Waid OHC so I've been gambling and today paid off.
    I didn't buy the 90's GotG TPBs by Valentino, that gamble also paid off.
    MOKF vol. 3 also obtained.

I'm quite pleased with the lack of double dipping this round.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I haven't always been an IST customer, but this is the first time AFAIK that an Epic Collection did not receive their Deal-of-the-Week treatment upon its release. X-Factor v1 is up for purchase at 42% off rather than 50%. Does anyone here recall another such Epic that I've overlooked?

Maybe this will be the new norm for the X-Epics. Although not in the Epic line, Wolverine Weapon X Unbound (aka Hama/Silvestri v3) similarly did not benefit from half-off treatment earlier this year. I'll be curious to see what happens with New Mutants v1, Excalibur v1, X-Force v1, and X-Men v5 in the coming weeks.
    I noticed the Inhuman OHC released today was also at 42% not 50. Wound up passing for now without that added incentive to order release day/week.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I'm gonna wait a while before I get the next Inhumans OHC

Marvel will probably do an omnibus soon since Soule's run is ending
    We need better comics

I noticed the Inhuman OHC released today was also at 42% not 50. Wound up passing for now without that added incentive to order release day/week.
    Same. I've noticed the past few weeks IST hasn't run their usual 45% off on Marvel or DC, which sucks