Page 546 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 464464965365425435445455465475485495505565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I didn't buy the 90's GotG TPBs by Valentino, that gamble also paid off.
    Same here. Really wanted an omnibus of 90's GOTG to compliment the New Warriors omnibus representing the first two "new" titles I ever started collecting way back when. (I think both started within a month or two of when I started reading.)

Now I'm hoping the same gamble I took with Generation X pays off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    You guys are adorable complaining about your defective Omnibuses.

I have Absolutes, Omnibuses, etc, all with defects galore, from the pick above, to smeared printing, to torn pages, to hole, etc, etc, etc.

Very few to none of them can I ever exchange, since they were either immediately OOP, or whoever I bought them from could only refund, and not replace.

This is just the game you play with these limited run books. Sure, they should do a better job with producing them, but nothing's perfect.
    So the alternative should be: It is as it is, and be fine with it??

This could bring you worse quality hardcovers, thinner paper, sloppy quality checks and hightened prices....Oh wait, we already have that. Guess, nobody complained, which sends the signal, that this is all too ok then....

Never said "be fine with it", just that there's realistically not much you can do. Exchange if you can, but don't be surprised if you can't. Sometimes, even shops can't return them to their distributor, even due to defects. And it's not like they're going to change their printing process and institute some massive QC overhauls on books like these where their profits are already so razor-thin.

Once, long ago I bought one of the Ultimate Spider-Man OHCs by Bendis. I think it was volume 4 or 5 something like that. Anyways, it had a glued binding and it just totally broke in half in the middle when I was reading it. You could open the book in the middle and see the cracked spine. Luckily I was able to exchange it for a new copy. That's been the only major problem I've had on these books. Sure, once in a while, I'll get a dinged corner or spine, but usually I just roll with it. But I couldn't stand to have a book whose spine just broke in half from opening the book.

I picked up the Valentino GotG omnibus and Shang Chi vol. 3 from the LCS yesterday.

Both books look good. Not many extras in either, I was surprised at how few were in the GotG omnibus but I figure it's pushing the page count already. One thing I don't like is they put all of the 1991 Annuals material in the very front of the book, so you don't get to the #1 issue from 1990 until like 100 pages in. I really wish Marvel would stick to release order on stuff like this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I picked up the Valentino GotG omnibus and Shang Chi vol. 3 from the LCS yesterday.

Both books look good. Not many extras in either, I was surprised at how few were in the GotG omnibus but I figure it's pushing the page count already. One thing I don't like is they put all of the 1991 Annuals material in the very front of the book, so you don't get to the #1 issue from 1990 until like 100 pages in. I really wish Marvel would stick to release order on stuff like this.
    That's weird. I'm pretty sure the TPBs had the annuals in the later half of the trade, where it belonged. Why would they put it first?

That's strange. Does this happen a lot? I'm still really new to the omnibus. Was planning on getting the GotG as I remember really liking that run when it came out.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

BANNED

Just ordered Wolverine by Jason Aaron vol. 1 Omnibus. I really wanted this omnibus for awhile and finally found it at a reasonable price.

But after i ordered it, i saw that it was originally published at 2011... Any of you guys know when the second volume will come ? it has been more than 5 years since the vol. 1.
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-02-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Well my replacement Alpha Flight omni arrived and...Attachment 45934Basically identical production defect. With a bonus of the cover being off centerAttachment 45935So back it goes.
    LOL I've had some trades with that problem of excess paper sticking out, usually I just leave it as is and fold it neatly or if you're really careful you can try to trim that excess paper off.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Well my replacement Alpha Flight omni arrived and...Attachment 45934Basically identical production defect. With a bonus of the cover being off centerAttachment 45935So back it goes.
    I just got a book with the exact same defect.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

It's been awhile since I read those stories, but I think the storyline in the annual was set chronologically before the first issue of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Just ordered Wolverine by Jason Aaron vol. 1 Omnibus. I really wanted this omnibus for awhile and finally found it at a reasonable price.

But after i ordered it, i saw that it was originally published at 2011... Any of you guys know when the second volume will come ? it has been more than 5 years since the vol. 1.
    There is a good chance no volume 2 will come. Similarly, we may never see a vol 2 for New Averngers by Bendis Ominubus. Never say never is the rule but Aaron's Wolverine was deeply discounted not to long ago.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got my GotG by Valentino(90s), DD by Waid and MoKF vol.3 Omnis' today.

Someone already posted some GotG pics. Here are a few I did for MOKF vol.3

MOKF vol 3 1.jpg
    MOKF vol 3 2.jpg
    MOKF vol 3 3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Never said "be fine with it", just that there's realistically not much you can do. Exchange if you can, but don't be surprised if you can't. Sometimes, even shops can't return them to their distributor, even due to defects. And it's not like they're going to change their printing process and institute some massive QC overhauls on books like these where their profits are already so razor-thin.
    I'd say if someone has the ability to exchange, especially if it's from a larger distributor, go for it. I do all the time. But it depends on the defect and depends on the book for me. Ultimately, the only way to make sure you have a perfect edition is to go to a store and buy it from there. I used to collect toys all the time, and I heard the same complaints from the toy collecting community. The box has a dent, the figure has two left arms, etc. Again, only way to guarantee perfection is to go to a store and buy it. But the problem is, you normally don't get the big discounts that you would from an online store. So we all have to play the wishing game and hopefully a book arrives in good condition without factory defects, which is what the issues with this omnibus seems to be. When there's a book that I want and I need it to be mint, I got to my LCS and pay the extra price to make sure I handpick it. Only way to guarantee. And even then, after unwrapping the package, I still get surprises sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Thanks for the notice! I wasn't going to read Fraction's FF run based on the reviews, however for under $30 and the Allred art, I pulled the trigger.
    Ugh, I should have trusted the reviews This Omnibus is quite a chore to get through. The Fantastic Four stories have been pretty cringe-worthy so far, especially just coming off of Hickman's amazing run. The FF issues aren't too bad. The art is fun and there are some funny moments.

Not sure I will be keeping this one.