Page 548 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 484484985385445455465475485495505515525585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm fired up about the Spider-Man Clone Saga Vol. 2 Omnibus. It gives one hope they'll produce further volumes and we won't end up with a New Avengers Bendis/Ultimate Spider-Man repeat.

I'll probably pick up the World War Hulk Omnibus as I'm missing the OHC. I hope it retails at $100.

Shang-Chi Vol. 4 Omni is a definite pickup.

Pleased for everyone regarding the Thor Simonson Omni reprint. I have the original with the Variant Cover and I'm very happy with it even though it's huge.

I'll also be picking up the Daredevil Epic Collection. Glad to see they're including the crossover issues from the Punisher, Hulk and Silver Surfer annuals even though the Lifeform arc is a pretty naff story. Great for completionists 😆

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Some of the guys over on the MMW MB found advance Marvel solicits for Oct/Nov.

There's a World War Hulk Omnibus, Hulk Epic v2, Thor (1999) Omnibus, Deadpool & X-Factor Omnibus (continuing on from X-Force Omnibus v1 but including Deadpool & Cable books), a Hulk v Thor TPB, Spidey Clone Saga Omnibus v2, and a reprint of the Simonson Thor Omni.

Head over there and check it out. Lots of new goodies to sort thru.
    If this is all true, and it all seems logical, I'm happy to see the World War Hulk omni, to go along with the Planet Hulk omni, and very happy to see the Simonson Thor reprint omni.

Based on the new amazon fish, I definitely plan on picking these up:

Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin
    - Totally nailed the contents last week

Spider-Man: Clone Saga Omnibus Vol. 2
    - Glad to see this line continuing. I'm all in

Daredevil Epic Collection vol. 14: Heart of Darkness
    - More Nocenti DD is always a good thing, wonder if they're going to use some of these plots in the next DD Netflix season like Typhoid Mary or something.

Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus
    - I sold my original when prices spiked several years ago ... glad to see it's getting a reprint! Always assumed I'd have to re-buy the content in TPB form. This is nice.

Thor Vs. Hulk
    - I'm a sucker for these style "best of" TPBs. I wondered if we'd see a Thor vs. Hulk with the movie coming up and dang! Right on time!

Hulk: World War Hulk Omnibus
    - Have most of this content in TPB form but it'll be a nice upgrade to have them all in one book. TBH, some of the crossovers weren't that great. Also nice that this popped up so close to the Planet Hulk Omni we just found. So many people were whining about why the WWH material wasn't included. Now we know. Awesome!

Incredible Hulk Epic Collection vol. 2: The Hulk Must Die
    - This material isn't the best highbrow entertainment, and some of it really doesn't hold up nowadays, but it's interesting to see the evolution of the character. In this volume we'll see Banner's transformations finally mutate into the classic iteration of metamorphosing during times of anger/stress and his ID revealed publicly. Also (I think, I'll need to look it up again) the 1st Abomination and Leader.

These are maybe's or if I can find them dirt cheap:

Defenders Epic Collection vol. 7: Ashes, Ashes
    Spider-Man: The Daily Bugle

Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol. 1
    Venom: Carnage Unleashed

Indestructible Hulk by Mark Waid: The Complete Collection
    INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK 1-20, ANNUAL 1

Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron: The Complete Collection
    INCREDIBLE HULK (2011) 1-7, 7.1, 8-15; MATERIAL FROM FEAR ITSELF 7

I've got the two OHCs of the Aaron run and the PHCs of the Waid run, but it'd be nice to get rid of those and just have TPBs. I don't like those PHCs ... for some reason the covers feel plasticky to me or something. And they're so terribly thin. These two runs aren't the best, so if I can find them cheap I'll likely get the TPBs as replacements for the little HCs. I wasn't super impressed with either of them, Waid's was the better of the two. And I did like the Doc Green Hulk stint following up from Indestructible Hulk.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Pretty nice list of 4Q Omni, Epic, OHC offerings.

The Elsa Bloodstone and Legion of Monsters is that a large softcover?
    Thor Heroes Reborn says it's a volume 1, is there enough content to have a volume 2?

World War Hulk....excellent! Now I just need to keep wishing for TIH vol.2(SA) with this and the Planet Hulk Omni off my wish list.
    Clone Saga vol.2, I admit was getting worried. MoKF vol.4....the light at the end of tunnel!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Damn it!

As much as the new solicitations have some interesting stuff, no OHC's for Vision, Scarlet Witch or Ultimates makes me so annoyed.

The OHC seems like it's almost a dead line at this point. This year it looks like we'll get barely 10 of them for the whole year!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Ehh, not much here that has me excited. WWH and Clone Saga v2, probably Simonson Thor since it's a light quarter. My wallet is thankful, with all the reprints and other goodies from the last 18 months or so ive almost doubled my omnibus collection.

A few pages ago (okay, maybe MORE than a few) some folks were asking about the Gillen/LaRocca Darth Vader run, now that they have solicited an omnibus of the material.

Having just received my OHC 2 a few days ago, I cracked them both open and poured through the entire run in a few nights.

Three words: IT IS AWESOME.

It handles Vader very well as a character, it has some ancillary characters from the movies, it brings in new ancillary characters, PLUS adds the new Dr. Aphra and her two R2/C3PO equivalent droids, which are a lot of fun.

In Gillen's notes, he talks about how Vader is essentially the only survivor of the Death Star (on the Imperial Side) so he would take all the blame. PLUS he let the plans escape, although that's not 100% his fault, but again, everyone else is dead, so he would take the blame. And yet, in ESB he is commanding his own Star Destroyer, so he went from 'enforcer' to major commander in the period of time between A New Hope and ESB. This kinda fills in those gaps.

And I don't want to spoil ANYTHING as it's so good, but the "Vader Down" crossover, which is here in its entirety - oh boy. You know how everyone lost it watching Vader do his thing at the end of Rogue One? Well take that and crank it up to 11. And this came out BEFORE the movie, if that matters. But it's all kinds of awesome.

Highly recommend reading it - be it in two OHCS like I have (I'm gonna keep them) or if you wanna wait for the omnibus, it's excellent. And unlike many books, this one will be worth a re-read in the future.
    Here's hoping the Dr. Aphra series takes off and is as good as this and has OHCs coming down the pike in the future as well.

thanks!
    Brian
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thor Heroes Reborn says it's a volume 1, is there enough content to have a volume 2?
    Well, that volume ran until issue 85, so there's enough material for at least one more omni, maybe two. (And it would connect nicely with the Straczynski omni, which revives Asgard after Ragnorak closed out the previous volume.) But I know Michael Oeming was writing it at the end, I'm not sure when Dan Jurgens left.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Damn it!

As much as the new solicitations have some interesting stuff, no OHC's for Vision, Scarlet Witch or Ultimates makes me so annoyed.

The OHC seems like it's almost a dead line at this point. This year it looks like we'll get barely 10 of them for the whole year!
    Agreed. I am not understanding why there has not been a Vision OHC solicited. Seems like an obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Agreed. I am not understanding why there has not been a Vision OHC solicited. Seems like an obvious choice.
    Perhaps they are planning something special for it?

I have the trades of this run but I'm still going to get:

Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol. 1
    THOR (1998) 1-35, ROUGH CUT; SILVER SURFER/THOR ANNUAL 1998; THOR ANNUAL 1999-2000; PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) 2, 11; IRON MAN (1998) 21 (B STORY), 22; JUGGERNAUT: THE EIGHTH DAY

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that they're reprinting it as six double-issues? Something weird like that. Maybe after that we'll finally get an OHC. It is a disappointment that Marvel seems to be way behind with their OHC game, compared to the fairly robust DC Deluxe line.

The Thor and WWH omni's are $125

The Simonson reprint is still the recolored version
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 03-06-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Damn it!

The Vision OHC WILL happen eventually. Maybe they are waiting to see if they can add "Eisner Award Winning" to the cover. I'll actually be very disappointed if they can't, and based off the past year of comics, I'd personally give it a clean sweep of awards (Best Series, Best Writer, Best Penciler, Best Colorist, Best Lettering, etc.) and I don't say that lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Well, that volume ran until issue 85, so there's enough material for at least one more omni, maybe two. (And it would connect nicely with the Straczynski omni, which revives Asgard after Ragnorak closed out the previous volume.) But I know Michael Oeming was writing it at the end, I'm not sure when Dan Jurgens left.

Oeming just did the last story line.