Page 551 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 514515015415475485495505515525535545555616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 20730

Nice to see some needed reprints for Simonson's Thor and Garth Ennis's Punisher.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I don't think there's any hardcovers of the current Old Man Logan series, yet anyway. I picked up the new OHC printing of the original book when it released. It's a thing of beauty, McNiven's best work, IMO. I've never read any of the Origins books, any good?
    I have Old Man Logan in the Millar Wolverine Omni. Managed to pick it up new at around 60% value before it went OOP. I'm not a big fan of Millar's but McNiven's art is pretty good.

I have the Wolverine Origin in the classic PHC but I've ordered the Complete OHC.

I'm a fan of Origin. I like the story and the art is very impressive. It is controversial, however, as some fans wish it had never appeared as they believe Wolverine shouldn't have an origin and should have been left alone. I haven't read Origin II so I can't comment.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    For me too:

Hickman's Avengers volume 1 (double dipping on ALL the OHCs)
    New Mutants Epic (double dipping on New Mutants Classic)
    Deadpool and X-Force Omnibus (double dipping on the marvel premiere classics volumes)
    Silver Surfer Epic Infinity Gauntlet (double dipping on the IG omnibus)

Etc.

For those of us savvy enough to go and pick up tbp volumes for classic runs, the Epic line should be called the double dip line.
    Out of interest, why do you do that?

You have the stuff already, all you're doing is giving money away to Marvel to get the same product again. It doesnt make any sense to me at all
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

You have the stuff already, all you're doing is giving money away to Marvel to get the same product again. It doesnt make any sense to me at all
    I tend not to double dip as much, but I have been doing it more and more over the years. The reasons are as follows:

1. Format preference: I like having 1 omnibus over 4 or more TBP. When rereading, it's easier to lug around 1 volume instead of going back to the shelf again and again. Omnibi also look nicer on the shelf compared to the TBP where the design constantly changes.
    2. Extra content: The omnibus/epic/complete collections include issues not in the original collections. The New Mutants epic contains the Marvel team up #100 with the first appearance of Xian, the annual with Cloak and Dagger, and the Magik mini series that were not included in the New Mutants Classic series.
    3. Passing along the old stuff: I have friends with kids that are into comics. Everytime I upgrade, I give the kids my old stuff. It's a fun way to share the hobby with people who wouldn't be able to read it otherwise.

I don't double dip for everything. But I have a lot of favorites that I want the really nice Omnibus and I can share the story with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I can't believe there's going to be a Jurgens Thor omnibus. It feels like I just asked for opinions on it here a few pages ago, then balked at the total price it would take to buy all the trades (they're overly slim and very overpriced). I still must have almost bought them about four times since then, but reconsidered at the last moment and didn't.

Never in a million years would I have guessed we'd see one.
    I only recently pulled the plug on the missing trades from that run. Oh well someone is going to get a good deal on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I can't believe there's going to be a Jurgens Thor omnibus. It feels like I just asked for opinions on it here a few pages ago, then balked at the total price it would take to buy all the trades (they're overly slim and very overpriced). I still must have almost bought them about four times since then, but reconsidered at the last moment and didn't.

Never in a million years would I have guessed we'd see one.
    Ha ha, when I saw they were reprinting it I thought back to your post about this because the next day I was at my LCS and he had all the tpbs for half off and they were still expensive. I hadn't realized what the cover price was until you brought it up.

I'm in for this one though!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The new printing of Old Man Logan by Millar & McNiven and Wolverine The Complete Collection are both OHCs. I can't comment on the current Old Man Logan collected editions.
    Yeah, I just meant the original story. Cheers for that.

Am I missing an announcement or have the Moon Knight Epics seem to have dried up? This seems to be the second October without a release from what I can find. If this is the way Marvel is going, we'll probably never get to see a hardcover collection of Lemire's excellent run or Marc Specter, Moon Knight collected either. Which suck IMO as Marc Spector was one of the few run from my childhood that I can't find collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    1. Format preference: I like having 1 omnibus over 4 or more TBP. When rereading, it's easier to lug around 1 volume instead of going back to the shelf again and again.
    You should move your shelves closer to your house?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Nice to see some needed reprints for Simonson's Thor and Garth Ennis's Punisher.
    Hey Omnibus, I noticed that you updated the Omnibus list on the first page of our thread yesterday. Cheers!

Btw, you've put Dr Strange Omnibus Volume 1 under "Out of Print" and under "In Stock Everywhere". It of course should only be under the latter.

Also, "Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 2" and "Spider Man Clone Saga Omnibus Volume 1" appear twice under "In Stock Everywhere".

"Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Volume 3" should read "Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Volume 3" as per the previous 2 volumes.

legion.jpg

X-Men Legacy : Legion Omnibus cover.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I am not buying the New Mutants book or the Silver Surfer book. But I'll upgrade the MPC's to the omnibus for X-Force because I have the first omni. And I'd rather have the Hickman run in one book.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I tend not to double dip as much, but I have been doing it more and more over the years. The reasons are as follows:

1. Format preference: I like having 1 omnibus over 4 or more TBP. When rereading, it's easier to lug around 1 volume instead of going back to the shelf again and again. Omnibi also look nicer on the shelf compared to the TBP where the design constantly changes.
    2. Extra content: The omnibus/epic/complete collections include issues not in the original collections. The New Mutants epic contains the Marvel team up #100 with the first appearance of Xian, the annual with Cloak and Dagger, and the Magik mini series that were not included in the New Mutants Classic series.
    3. Passing along the old stuff: I have friends with kids that are into comics. Everytime I upgrade, I give the kids my old stuff. It's a fun way to share the hobby with people who wouldn't be able to read it otherwise.

I don't double dip for everything. But I have a lot of favorites that I want the really nice Omnibus and I can share the story with friends.
    That Magic mini is also in UXM omni 3 and the most recent masterworks volume...

Been reading thru the GOTG Classic Solo Omnibus HC the past couple of nights. I'd read a large bulk of the material before at one time or another (mostly the Hulk issues and the Starlin cosmic books) but this is a pretty interesting book when viewed as a time capsule of when the material originally came out. I kind of like the old Star Lord B&W issues (after his intro by Englehart we get some nice Claremont/Byrne/Austin issues!).

Also the reproduction is top notch! Cory Sedlemier and Jeph York did a good job on the restoration & layout. Some of the B&W Star Lord issues look like they were scanned in from the original art! Not sure if that's the case or not, but they all LOOK great.

There was no way in hell I'd have picked this up for $125 cover price, but I got mine off amazon from some of the clearance marketplace sellers for under $30 and at that price, it's a steal to read some of these old issues!

Not too long ago Jeph York was talking about being up late mapping an omnibus (I think) for later in the year. So, do we think it was the two Hulk books he was doing or something else? The Hulk stuff doesn't seem complicated although certainly nice to have.