Page 555 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 554555055455515525535545555565575585595656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 20773
    All-New Member

Hi, does anyone know if there was a short print run of Realm of the Kings omni or something? Can't seem to find it at a decent price anywhere (UK).

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Just give us a tidy X-Force Omnibus vol.2 running up to AoA
    Jeph York at the MMW boards said this is exactly what was planned for X-Force V2; "Deadpool" was just added to the title to sell more books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    Jeph York at the MMW boards said this is exactly what was planned for X-Force V2; "Deadpool" was just added to the title to sell more books.
    Well that means the plan sucked from the start then! 😠
    Lol

http://imgur.com/a/i7g2B

Deadpool The Adamantium Collection.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by O'Hara View Post
    Hi, does anyone know if there was a short print run of Realm of the Kings omni or something? Can't seem to find it at a decent price anywhere (UK).
    My Amazon UK preorder has only just shipped so it looks like their inital shipments were short and they've just got more stock in, expect it to start appearing back in stock and the price to start trickling down over the next couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Deadpool does not it really has no business being in this collection especially since they were just released in the Deadpool Beginnings omni. Including them is a gimmick to sell more copies of X-Force Vol 2 since the first is currently being clearanced. The Cable issues don't "crossover" (to my recollection), but do resolve the plot threads from X-cutioners Song. Their inclusion at least makes sense since Cable is the leader of X-Force and if they are not going to do a Cable omni this is the most logical place to put them.
    I'm glad the Cable issues are included, very curious about them!
    I hope the Cable by Ladronn get to have Oversized editions, I know part of the Ladronn run will be on the Cable: The Hellfire Hunt .

Fingers crossed for that and for OHC releases of these two (or maybe both in one Omni?):

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix; (with: Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4, X-Men: Books of Askani, Askani'Son 1-4, Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4 )
    X-Men: The Rise of Apocalypse ( RISE OF APOCALYPSE 1-4, FURTHER ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX 1-4, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE/DRACULA 1-4, BLACK KNIGHT: EXODUS, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 19),
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 03-13-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/i7g2B

Deadpool The Adamantium Collection.
    My god, that's a beautiful looking book.

Now I think I might have to have it. I'm skeptikal of the story choices within though. I love the old school art on New Mutants 98, as well as the Duggan arc they squeezed in, but is the rest of the content questionable?

I'm a big fan of Deadpool in Uncanny X-Force by Remender and the Deadpool movie, but I've found a lot of his solo books to be lacking.

Just to clarify: That open page pictured is in fact from New Mutants 98, right?
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 03-13-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Hey, guys. I'm kinda new to this whole collected editions thing, so forgive me if these have been answered already:

1) How often are OOP trades/harcovers reprinted? I'm talking specifically about the X-Statix OMNIBUS and Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 1
    2) Is Deadpool Classic the easiest and most complete way to collect Deadpool from the beginning? Also, is Deadpool the only Classic line that still exists? They stopped releasing Cable Classic, Generation X Classic, Excalibur Classic, etc... so why is Deadpool still being released to this day?
    3) Does Marvel sometimes simply stop producing volumes for specific collection? For example, X-Factor by Peter David Complete Collection have 2 volumes released in 2014, but nothing since. How can I invest in those if I don't know if or when they'll release new ones?

Thanks in advance!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey, guys. I'm kinda new to this whole collected editions thing, so forgive me if these have been answered already:

1) How often are OOP trades/harcovers reprinted? I'm talking specifically about the X-Statix OMNIBUS and Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 1
    2) Is Deadpool Classic the easiest and most complete way to collect Deadpool from the beginning? Also, is Deadpool the only Classic line that still exists? They stopped releasing Cable Classic, Generation X Classic, Excalibur Classic, etc... so why is Deadpool still being released to this day?
    3) Does Marvel sometimes simply stop producing volumes for specific collection? For example, X-Factor by Peter David Complete Collection have 2 volumes released in 2014, but nothing since. How can I invest in those if I don't know if or when they'll release new ones?

Thanks in advance!
    These are all good questions, but few have answers.

1. Reprints are rare and difficult to predict. New X-Men by Grant Morrison seems to get one every few years, as well as Daredevil by Frank Miller. These are classic runs in high demand. At the same time, an omnibus that sells out within weeks and fetches prices upwards of two or three hundred dollars may have no reprint in sight. Examples being Astonshing X-Men by Whedon/Cassaday and Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force. (These are two in particular that I'd love to see)

2. Can't really answer the deadpool question, but I can point you once again to Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force for a well written Deadpool.

3. Marvel will randomly stop producing volumes for a collection, yes. Especially if sales are low. It's unfortunate, but the longer the volumes go on, the more the sales seem to dwindle.

Hope some of that helps.

BANNED

Just got Wolverine: Sabretooth Reborn HC by Loeb&Bianchi. I didn't know that Wolverine: Evolution had a continuation... I learned that it has a continuation 10 years later today xD and immidiately ordered it. Better late than never :P

1) ... I'm talking specifically about the X-Statix OMNIBUS and Wolverine by Jason Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Unfortunately I don't think either will happen. X-Statix was perhaps the longest clearanced book in Omnibus history. It was bottom of the shelf cheap for *years*. If I were you I would hunt comic shops and other bookstores, you may still find a copy yet. Aaron Wolverine was clearanced too for awhile. Its unlikely they will reprint things that did not sell well originally.

You guys were very helpful. Thank you!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post

Fingers crossed for that and for OHC releases of these two (or maybe both in one Omni?):

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix; (with: Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4, X-Men: Books of Askani, Askani'Son 1-4, Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4 )
    X-Men: The Rise of Apocalypse ( RISE OF APOCALYPSE 1-4, FURTHER ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX 1-4, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE/DRACULA 1-4, BLACK KNIGHT: EXODUS, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 19),
    I would be all over that!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post

Just to clarify: That open page pictured is in fact from New Mutants 98, right?
    No. Rob Liefeld drew New Mutants 98. That art is Joe Madureira, so it's from the early 90s Deadpool solo mini-series.

Thanks in advance!
    1. Some of the other guys have already replied, but dude, that X-Statix Omnibus was available for as cheap as $26 at one point. It was on clearance for like 3-4 YEARS. Marvel must have printed seven bazillion copies. Dig around and you'll probably be able to find one for cheap somewhere. Also, same story to a lesser degree for Aaron's Wolverine. I think I got a copy of that once for <$30. Never read it, just flipped it again later on down the line for a few bucks to make room on my shelf.

2. Yes. There are other Classic lines (or continuations of classic TP lines with new names like "Hawkeye & the Thunderbolts" which continued the Thunderbolts Classic line, or GOTG in the Year 3000 which continued the GOTG by Jim Valentino TPBs ... they are classic TPBs in all but name & trade dress).

3. Yes. Your guess is as good as ours. They do what they want, stranding lines all the time. See also: Bruce Jones Hulk OHCs, then stranded later on in Premiere HC format.