Page 557 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 574575075475535545555565575585595605615676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I've seen them go as a bundle anywhere from 120-180ish
    Hm, whats the OOP danger level on these books?

Mighty Member

2 and 3 were part of the recent clearance were they not?

Damn, so much hatred for the Edmonson Punisher.

Oh well, I liked it.

My problem with Rucka - and I liked his run, don't get me wrong - is that he fell into that same invincible trap that Remender fell into, although not to the same extent.
    I don't know why, but I can suspend my belief for Batman swinging over rooftops, but I can't get into Punisher using a Spider-Man web shooter to swing around. Also, the final arc against the Avengers? Come on.

Maybe i liked Edmonson because Krisis kind of hit on it - it was different and somewhat moody. I actually almost dropped it early on, but as it continued it read more like a slow dramatic burn. It was a nice change for the character.

Anyway, I would like for them both to get OHC or omnibus collections although I'm not sure it will happen. Heck, Rucka's Wolverine run - which was super cool - never got an OHC.

But, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Hm, whats the OOP danger level on these books?
    I honestly have no idea. I'd say scoop them up now if you can. Just to be safe.
    I need to pick up a reasonably price FF x John Byrne 1 because I got lazy. Got 2 on a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Oh well, I liked it.

My problem with Rucka - and I liked his run, don't get me wrong - is that he fell into that same invincible trap that Remender fell into, although not to the same extent.
    I don't know why, but I can suspend my belief for Batman swinging over rooftops, but I can't get into Punisher using a Spider-Man web shooter to swing around. Also, the final arc against the Avengers? Come on.

Maybe i liked Edmonson because Krisis kind of hit on it - it was different and somewhat moody. I actually almost dropped it early on, but as it continued it read more like a slow dramatic burn. It was a nice change for the character.

Anyway, I would like for them both to get OHC or omnibus collections although I'm not sure it will happen. Heck, Rucka's Wolverine run - which was super cool - never got an OHC.

But, who knows.
    Especially with Robertson on art duties? It's a prime candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I honestly have no idea. I'd say scoop them up now if you can. Just to be safe.
    I need to pick up a reasonably price FF x John Byrne 1 because I got lazy. Got 2 on a deal.
    Kinda in the same boat; I want to pick up the FF Bynre #2 because it's pretty reasonable, but I'm worried about getting #1 affordably. I couldn't read 2 without reading 1 first.

All-New Member

I'm hemming and hawing over what to pick up. I used to have these Barnes and Noble Amazing Spider-Man softcovers which went through the old spider-man stuff very well, and were pretty inexpensive. Now I want a nice collected edition to both read myself, let my kids explore these stories and to look nice on a shelf. I'd also rather not break the bank if possible, but if something looks awesome and there's a good collected version I wouldn't be completely averse to spending money. That rules the Essentials out because I think they don't look that great, would prefer hardcover of course.

So it looks like Masterworks might be the best way to go. Do they still produce those? Looks like ASM goes up to about 180 on those thus far, and only one volume of Spectacular, of which I'd like more issues of that to be honest, loved those growing up.

I see talk of Epic, not sure what those are. Where would you begin based on what I'm looking for?

It was really annoying that Rucka's Punisher run tpb's went OOP insanely fast and were never reprinted or collected into Complete Collections.

Quote Originally Posted by otomo View Post
    I see talk of Epic, not sure what those are. Where would you begin based on what I'm looking for?
    Epic are softcovers, colored, not oversized, and cost around $40 for 400 pages.
    It's a nice format for reading, but while the spin are sober, it doesn't look as good as hardcovers on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Oh well, I liked it.

But, who knows.
    I loved Rucka Punisher more then Edmonson's, but thought he did a solid job with it overall it was a bit slow but in the end was a nice little run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Kinda in the same boat; I want to pick up the FF Bynre #2 because it's pretty reasonable, but I'm worried about getting #1 affordably. I couldn't read 2 without reading 1 first.
    Yeah, I had so many chances to get volume one and for whatever reason was just so lazy. Get Volume 2 now is my suggestion. Then try and secure 1 at a decent price. Lowest i've seen recently is about $80 and im honestly probably gonna go back and get that lol

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Preaching to the choir. I sold my volume 1 a year or so ago for like 45 bucks. Then I re-bought it and volume 2 a month ago for 150 shipped.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Epic are softcovers, colored, not oversized, and cost around $40 for 400 pages.
    It's a nice format for reading, but while the spin are sober, it doesn't look as good as hardcovers on a shelf.
    Not to mention it forces you to double dip in some cases with previously-released softcovers if you want them to look uniform on the shelf. Examples: New Mutants Classic, Excalibur Classic, many avengers trades including Operation Galactic Storm vol 1-2

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otomo View Post
    So it looks like Masterworks might be the best way to go. Do they still produce those? Looks like ASM goes up to about 180 on those thus far, and only one volume of Spectacular, of which I'd like more issues of that to be honest, loved those growing up.

Marvel is still producing the Masterworks line and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon. There is a whole website with a discussion board where some of the folks at Marvel involved in compiling the collections and overseeing the remastering will sometimes interact with the community.
    Here is a site that stays up to date on MMW news, I can't recall what the fansite w/the forum is, maybe another can provide that URL. It may be a UK based site?

EPIC - this larger TPB format is one Marvel has started that has a few purposes. It's cheaper than an Omni or MMW. In some cases there is overlap and in others they are gap fillers that the Omni or MMW line hasn't or might not get to. This is more true for the former currently. Marvel Collections seems to have a mental block on being able or willing to collect whole runs in Omni but thus far the MMW line is going that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It was really annoying that Rucka's Punisher run tpb's went OOP insanely fast and were never reprinted or collected into Complete Collections.
    Which I hope bodes well for it being collected again but in an OHC or Omni format as the Collected Editions Dept looks for tie in material with Punisher on Netflix.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Rucka's Punisher run was un-put-down-able. It was the first time I ever really clicked with Punisher, and I wound up going back to read some of the prior runs as a result.

Edmondson's run of Punisher was unique. Despite some fantastic action, including a clever arc with Electro, it might have been the first time you could ever call a volume of Punisher "sombre." It was like going to see a shoot-em-up action movie and discovering it's actually a moody suspense thriller that happens to have some guns in it. I recently watched Sicario, and while I didn't enjoy the film it absolutely screamed the same vibes I got from this run.

I ultimately don't think Edmondson is a very good or interesting writer, but the change of pace for Punisher will forever make his run stand out. And, to echo what others have said above, Gerads art was perfect.
    Man I've never read any Punisher so far but what you just said just totally sold me on that run! I much prefer a thriller to a braindead run-n-gun movie (though I loved John Wick of course). I don't know how you cannot like Sicario :P
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"