Page 560 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 604605105505565575585595605615625635645706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Waid's Cap????
    Hell yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My problem with it was that the character was the Punisher, and Marvel has spent way more than a decade now - probably starting back with Ennis - getting the character more grounded and making him less bullet-proof than, say, the silliness of the 90s.

If this was the guy from Fear Agent or any other independent character created by Remender (someone from Black Science for example), then I think I would have liked it more.

Again, I go back to Frankencastle. SMH.
    All in for Waid Cap too!

I dunno man, I really dug Frankencastle, it was just out there and fun. Don't get me wrong, Ennis' realism is unmatched, but I think Remender's run is kinda underrated if taken with a grain of salt

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Is this just the backups?
    Yep. The backups and other extras like the marvel fanfare stuff.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I wonder if this means they'll reprint the original 2 X Men omnibus books

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Oh man I am crazy excited for this.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was wondering that as well. Seems like a small omnibus if so they were what like 8 pages?
    About that. But we're talking about 110 issues, so that's enough to do an omnibus.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Why no Avengers by Hickman vol 2 or Daredevil by Waid vol 2???

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was wondering that as well. Seems like a small omnibus if so they were what like 8 pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    About that. But we're talking about 110 issues, so that's enough to do an omnibus.
    1,040 pages worth, according to the listing.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Oh man I am crazy excited for this.
    Yeah. This is going to be a real treat to have on the better paper (compared to the original newsprint) and for those who have the read these.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Why no Avengers by Hickman vol 2 or Daredevil by Waid vol 2???
    It only goes to January. Not even a full year from their release dates. I'm sure they'll get second volumes. The DD Omni is already selling out in places, and Hickman is a big name.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It only goes to January. Not even a full year from their release dates. I'm sure they'll get second volumes. The DD Omni is already selling out in places, and Hickman is a big name.
    As long as they are eventually published I'll be happy.

What's everyone's thoughts on Hickman's run- is it only going to be two omnibuses, or could they stretch it to 3? Possibly adding his Ultimates issues in it?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Pretty cool news about the Classic X-Men Omnibus. Definitely getting that one.
    I'm kind of LOSING MY F-ING MIND ABOUT IT, actually

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    X-Men Epics have now confirmed to collect both series concurrently. The new catalog's listing for X-Men Mutant Genesis Epic Collection contains issues from UXM, X-Men (1991), and X-Factor plus various Annuals.
    I disagree. Stopping where it stops just confirms that it grabbed those final three issues of the Claremont run and/or will mirror the Omnibus content.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-17-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The series ran 110 issues, but only the first 44 of those issues (plus one story intended for issue 45, which eventually saw print in Marvel Fanfare #60) contained back-up stories... from issue 45 onward it was a straight reprint book, albeit with new covers. With issue 46, the title changed from Classic X-Men to X-Men Classic.

So you've got 45 back-up stories of 8-12 pages apiece or so, plus a few fill-in pages from the first 27 issues, after which they stopped doing that. Add to that summary pages needed to explain where this inserted page fits into the original story, or where this backup story occurs in the chronology. Then add the front covers for all 110 issues, and the back covers for... however long they did those before switching to ads.

I'm still not quite sure how they get to over 1000 pages, but maybe for the stories with pages added, they'll reprint the entire story. Or do a side-by-side "compare and contrast" for the pages with updated dialogue, original versus new. Or maybe the page count is wrong. Or maybe there's just a toooon of unused covers and pin-ups from over the years.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 03-17-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    The series ran 110 issues, but only the first 44 of those issues (plus one story intended for issue 45, which eventually saw print in Marvel Fanfare #60) contained back-up stories... from issue 45 onward it was a straight reprint book, albeit with new covers. With issue 46, the title changed from Classic X-Men to X-Men Classic.

So you've got 45 back-up stories of 8-12 pages apiece or so, plus a few fill-in pages from the earliest issues (if memory serves, they stopped doing that after a certain point). Add to that summary pages needed to explain where this inserted page fits into the original story, or where this backup story occurs in the chronology. Then add the front covers for all 110 issues, and the back covers for... however long they did those before switching to ads.

I'm still not quite sure how they get to over 1000 pages, but maybe for the stories with pages added, they'll reprint the entire story. Or maybe the page count is wrong. Or maybe there's just a toooon of unused covers and pin-ups from over the years.
    From Jeph York on the MMW board. (The first sentence was about the length of the backups)

"Mostly 12-pagers, though some ran longer.

The Omni will also have a full-size cover gallery of X-Men Classic #45-110, plus a beefy 88 pages of bonus features. I'm super psyched about this one."

88 pages of extras is quite a bit. I think that is even more than the Miller DD Companion.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-17-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I wonder if this means they'll reprint the original 2 X Men omnibus books
    I wish. They wont.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    From Jeph York on the MMW board. (The first sentence was about the length of the backups)

"Mostly 12-pagers, though some ran longer.

The Omni will also have a full-size cover gallery of X-Men Classic #45-110, plus a beefy 88 pages of bonus features. I'm super psyched about this one."

88 pages of extras is quite a bit. I think that is even more than the Miller DD Companion.
    Ah, well there we have it. Cheers!