Page 561 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 614615115515575585595605615625635645655716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    From Jeph York on the MMW board. (The first sentence was about the length of the backups)

"Mostly 12-pagers, though some ran longer.

The Omni will also have a full-size cover gallery of X-Men Classic #45-110, plus a beefy 88 pages of bonus features. I'm super psyched about this one."

88 pages of extras is quite a bit. I think that is even more than the Miller DD Companion.
    From the solicit:
    In 1986, Marvel launched Classic X-Men, a series that reprinted the "All-New, All-Diff erent X-Men" era -with a twist! All-new backup stories fleshed out the 1970s tales and delved deeper into the characters' lives, and new story pages were even inserted into the reprints, expanding on key moments and sowing the seeds for future storylines! Now, all this newly created material is collected in one volume for the first time - complete with comparisons and text articles explaining what was changed, what was added, and why! It's the perfect companion piece to your Uncanny X-Men collection! Friendships are forged, allies are mourned and lives are transformed in these rare tales that dance between the raindrops of some of the most revered comics of all time!

COLLECTING: BACKUP STORIES AND NEW PAGES FROM CLASSIC X-MEN 1-44; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL FANFARE (1982) 60
    Going by the 12 pg average for the backstories for 44 issues plus the 4 pg average for additional story for the first 24 issues + front/back covers, pinups etc. gets to 836 pages. The additional covers for the issues #45-110 plus the 88pp Jeph York mentioned (88 sounds like back covers + pin-ups) still only totals just 990 pages.

I'm guessing the additional content will be text intros and essays. Krisis, Raffi or someone else might be able to project more precise totals but at any rate, this book is a must buy for me!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I wish. They wont.
    I mean, they probably will eventually. Spider-Man and Fantastic Four have both seen multiple printings of volume 1, and in Spidey's case, even a reprinting of volume 2. True, Iron Man and Thor haven't (yet), but they may eventually; plus, even though it's considered far from Stan and Jack's best work, it's still The X-Men. People will buy it. And Marvel looks to be moving back toward making the X-Men one of their flagship franchises again.

That said, I have no idea whether it'll be soon, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I wish. They wont.
    You know, they're reprinting Ennis' Punisher Omnibus.

In my mind, anything is now possible.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    You know, they're reprinting Ennis' Punisher Omnibus.

In my mind, anything is now possible.
    They reprinted Howard the Duck. They made Ewoks and Droids. They're making Muppet Babies. I wouldn't be surprised if a U.S.1 Omni popped up tomorrow.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Epic are softcovers, colored, not oversized, and cost around $40 for 400 pages.
    It's a nice format for reading, but while the spin are sober, it doesn't look as good as hardcovers on a shelf.
    Thanks. I went with these because of the price point and because the spines actually do look pretty slick together. I hope they are consistent about coming out with volumes of this stuff and don't drop it though. Makes OCD me nervous with a volume 1 and a volume 11 and then nothing in between

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I mean, they probably will eventually. Spider-Man and Fantastic Four have both seen multiple printings of volume 1, and in Spidey's case, even a reprinting of volume 2. True, Iron Man and Thor haven't (yet), but they may eventually; plus, even though it's considered far from Stan and Jack's best work, it's still The X-Men. People will buy it. And Marvel looks to be moving back toward making the X-Men one of their flagship franchises again.

That said, I have no idea whether it'll be soon, unfortunately.
    I definitely think they should be reprinted, since it's the beginning of mutants in the Marvel Universe, and there are a lot of important first appearances. But Marvel probably feels that it's not the X-Men team people think of when they think of the X-Men. Whereas Spider-Man is Peter Parker form the start, and same with Fantastic Four. The silver age X-Men is almost like a prequel. The beginnings of what most people consider the defining X-Men would be Uncanny Vol. 1, which is why reprints of that will always be more dependable. I feel like the initial launch and hype for Bendis' All New X-Men run was the last chance for Marvel having a good excuse to reprint that particular volume since it would have been a great tie-in, and because it didn't happen then and it's since been released as Epics, it probably won't happen at all.
    Last edited by csista; 03-18-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I'd be all for re-prints of the first two X-Men omnis...never got a chance to read that material. Not to mention they go for ridiculous amounts on ebay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I'd be all for re-prints of the first two X-Men omnis...never got a chance to read that material. Not to mention they go for ridiculous amounts on ebay.
    Trying to comprehend and failing unbelievably how this happenedimage.jpg The pictures look pristine and no damage described. Someone made a hell of a score. Unless there was a bait and switch between the description and the photos and it really was for UXM 1.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Let's do a fun survey: What is the remaining LEAST LIKELY material that you think will be collected?
    I mean, what's left Nth Man the Ultimate Ninja? SuperPRO?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They reprinted Howard the Duck. They made Ewoks and Droids. They're making Muppet Babies. I wouldn't be surprised if a U.S.1 Omni popped up tomorrow.
    FlashingSabre for the win!!!!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    FlashingSabre for the win!!!!
    Coincidentaly, I'd totally buy a U.S. 1 Omnibus. Or a Brute Force one. Brute Force was awesome.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Coincidentaly, I'd totally buy a U.S. 1 Omnibus. Or a Brute Force one. Brute Force was awesome.
    Crystar the Crystal Warriors the Complete Collection!

Wow I forgot about Crystar. Never read it but I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Trying to comprehend and failing unbelievably how this happenedimage.jpg The pictures look pristine and no damage described. Someone made a hell of a score. Unless there was a bait and switch between the description and the photos and it really was for UXM 1.
    How many issues are contained in each volume?

How many volumes are there in total?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How many issues are contained in each volume?

How many volumes are there in total?
    40 or so, maybe a few more. There's two and they collect the entire Silver Age run that - after a series of reprints - led into Uncanny X-Men.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I had those toys as a kid, and might be tempted to actually buy that omni. Hopefully sanity would outweigh nostalgia.

How about an Alf omnibus? There are 50 issues, 3 annuals, and three 64-page holiday specials. So it would take two omnibus volumes.