Page 563 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 634635135535595605615625635645655665675736136631063 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 20773

Question...is the Spider-Man Clone Saga omni collected in release order, or are all they all grouped together by title?

Also, how is the material in the upcoming Spider-Man's Tangled Web omnibus?
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 03-20-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Question...is the Spider-Man Clone Saga omni collected in release order, or are all they all grouped together by title?

Also, how is the material in the upcoming Spider-Man's Tangled Web omnibus?
    Clone Saga: Release/story order.

Tangled Web: Spidey basically is a tertiary/background character and the stories show his effect on others, rather than the series being focused on him. From the few issues I read way back when, they were mostly good, done in one + small arc type stories.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a U.S.1 Omni popped up tomorrow.
    Fun fact, Steve Ditko did the pencils on the final issue #12....so, I'm saying "there is a chance".

I had no idea that Alf ran for 50 issues!!! Those were $.50 books at my LCS all day long.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Pretty cool news about the Classic X-Men Omnibus. Definitely getting that one.
    I have wanted this forever so I am glad they are finally making one. I had the 2 paperbacks that collected some of the stories but it will be nice to have them in one volume now.

Posted this earlier over on the MMW MB "what are you reading" thread, but thought I'd share here in case anyone else is interested.

Finally finished up what I wanted to read in the GOTG Solo Classic Omnibus. I got this baby for a steal a few weeks ago on clearance for under $30 and for that I'm pleased. I read the Groot stories, then since I'd read most of the Starlin cosmic stuff last fall, I skipped that and went to the Star Lord stories. They started off strong enough in the B&W chapters by Englehart and Claremont (and Byrne/Austin!) but then when Monech took over, I felt like the character had kind of lost his purpose.

In my opinion the Monech stories are mostly just "boring sci-fi riffs starring Star Lord" if that makes any sense. He did retroactively reveal that the Master of the Sun was of the same race of aliens who'd killed Star Lord's mother back in his initial appearance, albeit a noble one, but other than that the stories kind of floundered. I can see why the character disappeared into limbo until the past few years when he became a headliner with the new GOTG.

Skimmed the Rocket Raccoon stories, but they're just too out there and fantasy related to interest me very much. I remember reading his MU debut years & years ago as a kid in the Hulk anniversary issue and even then thought it was pretty silly. I guess later on it was revealed this was in fact the same character from the old B&W magazine futuristic story that never was resolved. Weird.

I'm trying to ween myself off these 'complete collection' trades as I seem to be buying them all (I must have a 100+ by now) but I'm afraid I'll miss something good, is the upcoming Mighty Avengers by Bendis worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm trying to ween myself off these 'complete collection' trades as I seem to be buying them all (I must have a 100+ by now) but I'm afraid I'll miss something good, is the upcoming Mighty Avengers by Bendis worth getting?
    I just started getting into these. Haven't read it, but its a companion to the other Bendis Avengers material, so if you're collecting that run, go for it.
    I'm thinking of selling my Avengers Omni 1, give up on hunting the ohc's, and just settling for these fat trades cause they collect the post-Siege/Heroic Age material. Plus they're pumping them out like crazy.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Not unless you really like Bendis.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I just started getting into these. Haven't read it, but its a companion to the other Bendis Avengers material, so if you're collecting that run, go for it.
    I'm thinking of selling my Avengers Omni 1, give up on hunting the ohc's, and just settling for these fat trades cause they collect the post-Siege/Heroic Age material. Plus they're pumping them out like crazy.
    I think they'll have the whole run out by December.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I think that is the problem, they are coming out too quickly

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Not unless you really like Bendis.
    I liked his DD and JJ but I only got a quarter of the way through the new avengers omni, not sure if it was because I didn't like the writing or I'm just not that keen on team books, there is always too much going on in team books, never any down time

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Clone Saga: Release/story order.

Tangled Web: Spidey basically is a tertiary/background character and the stories show his effect on others, rather than the series being focused on him. From the few issues I read way back when, they were mostly good, done in one + small arc type stories.

Thanks for the response!

If you've read and enjoyed Bendis' New Avengers, yes. Ran side by side during the period between Civil War and Secret Invasion, with Slott taking over after that. Although I always liked New Avengers a bit more, this is still fun. In the first story he tried to bring back thought bubbles, but that experiment didn't really work out so it was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    If you've read and enjoyed Bendis' New Avengers, yes. Ran side by side during the period between Civil War and Secret Invasion, with Slott taking over after that. Although I always liked New Avengers a bit more, this is still fun. In the first story he tried to bring back thought bubbles, but that experiment didn't really work out so it was dropped.
    Pretty much this. I remember in an interview he talked about trying the thought bubbles but it ended up being kind of dumb. As I recall this series is pivotal to Wasp's character. It's not bad but not as good as New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Pretty much this. I remember in an interview he talked about trying the thought bubbles but it ended up being kind of dumb. As I recall this series is pivotal to Wasp's character. It's not bad but not as good as New Avengers.
    I wouldn't consider anything Bendis wrote about Wasp pivotal. Or any more valuable than a steaming pile of sewer trash.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Because, as we all know, thought bubbles had never been tried before.....

In all seriousness though, really only the first half of that Mighty Avengers trade is worth reading, unless you're a huge fan of Secret Invasion.