Page 573 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 734735235635695705715725735745755765775836236731073 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikLange View Post
    Guardians of The Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning vs War of Kings trilogy.
    I know that the War Of Kings omni trilogy collects everything the Guardians omnibus have, but somehow I find the Guardians omni more attractive.
    Not only is it cheaper - and contained in a single book - I am also primarily interested in the Guardians part of the story.
    The question is, of course, will it feel like there are holes in the story? Does the Guardians omni make sense by itself if I read it end to end, or will I feel something missing from the remainder of what fills up the War of Kings books?
    I've never ever read WOK but read GotG twice and had no problems following it. That series made me love the team way before the movie (everyone was like "why are you shaking and sweating"? and I said "they are making a guardians of the galaxy movie guys"...they had no idea what the hell I was on about).

BANNED

My Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omni just arrived today I told the seller to write an amount under 30 euros on the box so i won't have to pay a heavy customes tax when the item arrives and the seller said ''i will tell your request to the shipping departmant'' or something like that but they didn't write some amount under 30 euros on the box so i paid a heavy customes tax :/ heartless seller :/
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-30-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    My Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omni just arrived today I told the seller to write an amount under 30 euros on the box so i won't have to pay a heavy customes tax when the item arrives and the seller said ''i will tell your request to the shipping departmant'' or something like that but they didn't write some amount under 30 euros on the box so i paid a heavy customes tax :/ heartless seller :/
    If you bought it off Ebay that is now out of the sellers hand. For internationally sold items the seller ships the item to a special Ebay Global Shipping Center of which they have a few spread around the country(US) and from there it's final overseas delivery is handled by Ebay. I'd wager Ebay set this up for just the reason you're describing. Too many people have been short changing the system.

I'm not sure how Amazon third party sellers work if you got it that way.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If you bought it off Ebay that is now out of the sellers hand. For internationally sold items the seller ships the item to a special Ebay Global Shipping Center of which they have a few spread around the country(US) and from there it's final overseas delivery is handled by Ebay. I'd wager Ebay set this up for just the reason you're describing. Too many people have been short changing the system.

I'm not sure how Amazon third party sellers work if you got it that way.
    I got it from a seller on Abebooks. Charging heavy taxes for books is evil so tried to do the right thing but failed and that was a disaster for my wallet once again.
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-30-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My recent several months haul of Marvel Collected Editions:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Captain America Theater of War OHC, Werewolf By Night and Fantastic Four By Fraction Omnis, Treasure Ireland Marvel Illustrated PHC and Art of Spider-Man Classic HC were clearance books. The Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 6 OHC was won on a local auction site. The remaining books I got from IST.

Incredible Member

Hey everybody. Haven't been around too much lately. Has there been any word on a Spiderman (Miles Morales) By Bendis oversized hardcover yet? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Captain America Theater of War OHC, Werewolf By Night and Fantastic Four By Fraction Omnis, Treasure Ireland Marvel Illustrated PHC and Art of Spider-Man Classic HC were clearance books. The Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 6 OHC was won on a local auction site. The remaining books I got from IST.
    I think I'm going to get the Wolverine Origin collection. I enjoyed the Jenkins story and although I haven't read the second one, Gillen is usually pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Hey everybody. Haven't been around too much lately. Has there been any word on a Spiderman (Miles Morales) By Bendis oversized hardcover yet? Thanks
    No word. I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No word. I wish.
    After the way that Marvel collected Ultimate Spider-man it seems like a no-brainer, right? Yet nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    After the way that Marvel collected Ultimate Spider-man it seems like a no-brainer, right? Yet nothing.
    Speaking of which, did they ever collect all the contents in the Death of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus into OHC? Or do I have to have the omnibus to complete the line in oversized format?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The recently-mentioned handy-dandy Omnibus & OHC Guide is now updated with all solicits through the end of 2017 and with a slightly more complete set of data for older OHCs (still working on that!)

http://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-c...ibus-editions/

Also, just as a generally rule of thumb for remembering if an actual Omnibus (as opposed to a big event OHC) is glued, the last glued omnibus was released on 1/1/2008. If it's actually an Omnibus and it was released after the first day of 2008, it is sewn.

That's almost 10 years of sewn books!
    Last edited by krisis; 04-02-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Speaking of which, did they ever collect all the contents in the Death of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus into OHC? Or do I have to have the omnibus to complete the line in oversized format?
    Yes, they released the exact same material in the exact same format just with a different dustjacket in order to appease the mental OCD crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yes, they released the exact same material in the exact same format just with a different dustjacket in order to appease the mental OCD crowd.
    Ha. Cheers...now I'm starting to wonder if I should continue to hold out hope of them continuing the omni line, or just flip them and get the OHCs...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Could you provide a link? (unless this was sarcasm, i couldn't tell) 'cause afaik the omni was the only ohc they released to finish out the run.
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-02-2017 at 09:25 PM.