Page 576 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 764765265665725735745755765775785795805866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Going back to reading the Joe Hill graphic novel collection. Talk about talent.
    I take it that the stories in this book (other than The Cape which I already know) are all good ? I was looking to buy The Cape HC, but I'd gladly pay $5 or $6 more if the other stories in the Joe Hill Collection are good.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    I take it that the stories in this book (other than The Cape which I already know) are all good ? I was looking to buy The Cape HC, but I'd gladly pay $5 or $6 more if the other stories in the Joe Hill Collection are good.
    I haven't read it yet but there is another Cape story in it and also a spinoff to NOS4A2 (The Wraith), a book which I LOVED so it was a no brainer getting the GN collection.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So I dived into my newly acquired Guardians of the Galaxy by Valentino (blind buy) and ..... it is ****. Seriously. A complete turd product of the 90s. I was hoping for a hidden gem (New Warriors for example) and I got just a steaming heap of 90s nonsense. The art blows, the writing is dumb, the dialogue, plot, all of it. What a waste. I gave it 300 pages. I'm out.

Going back to reading the Joe Hill graphic novel collection. Talk about talent.
    Mine is a somewhat different take as it was the first exposure to Guardians of the Galaxy for me. It's a fun nostalgia read for me but I recall what the era was like as I lived through it. I admit my bias but feel "steaming heap of 90s nonsense" is a bit harsh but I respect you giving it a fair shake at 300 pages at least.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I haven't read it yet but there is another Cape story in it and also a spinoff to NOS4A2 (The Wraith), a book which I LOVED so it was a no brainer getting the GN collection.
    Thanks for your input !

With the New Warriors news I hope that means we will finally get a vol 2
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm almost done and I love every story. The Cape was bad ass and twisted. The Cape 1969 was pretty great as well. And the Wraith? Oh man, that is such a cool story. Can't wait to get home and finish it.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 04-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Mine is a somewhat different take as it was the first exposure to Guardians of the Galaxy for me. It's a fun nostalgia read for me but I recall what the era was like as I lived through it. I admit my bias but feel "steaming heap of 90s nonsense" is a bit harsh but I respect you giving it a fair shake at 300 pages at least.
    Yeah, I was probably a little too harsh. I think I hammered out my post right after I decided to put it down and GotG got much of the blame because it's the second blind buy omnibus in a row I've given up on. It's not for me, but - as you said - if you want some 90s nonsense, then this isn't a bad trip down memory lane. IT's just not for me.

I'm not going to immediately sell it, so I might revisit it one day. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the arrival of the latest Realm of Kings, so I can get underway reading those three collections in order.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    With the New Warriors news I hope that means we will finally get a vol 2
    What news?

What news?
    TV show
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...arriors-991277
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

I'm almost done and I love every story. The Cape was bad ass and twisted. The Cape 1969 was pretty great as well. And the Wraith? Oh man, that is such a cool story. Can't wait to get home and finish it.
    Thanks man, I'll buy it next week !

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    That is very disappointing, because I also picked up that GotG Omnibus on a blind buy, and I figured that it had to be at least somewhat noteworthy if they were going to give it Omnibus treatment?
    And it is majorly noteworthy, which has no bearing on whether the quality is good or not.

I've mostly enjoyed the other two GotG Omnibuses, which also were mostly blind buys, and also the main reason I assumed this book would be enjoyable. Of course I'll give it a shot, but "90's style comicbooks" are one of my least favorite things ever.
    Then why did you buy a 90s omnibus?

Yeah, I was probably a little too harsh. I think I hammered out my post right after I decided to put it down and GotG got much of the blame because it's the second blind buy omnibus in a row I've given up on. It's not for me, but - as you said - if you want some 90s nonsense, then this isn't a bad trip down memory lane. IT's just not for me.

I'm not going to immediately sell it, so I might revisit it one day. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the arrival of the latest Realm of Kings, so I can get underway reading those three collections in order.
    Interesting, you and I have pretty similar taste so I'm a little hesitant now. I picked it up half off as a blind buy too.

What's the other one you put down, out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Interesting. Thanks. I don't watch a lot of regular, non-cable TV but I might check out that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Interesting, you and I have pretty similar taste so I'm a little hesitant now. I picked it up half off as a blind buy too.

What's the other one you put down, out of curiosity?
    The recently released Silver Age Green Lantern vol. 1.

I read 600 pages of it and that was enough. I can appreciate it for what it was and I semi enjoyed the whole silliness for 400 pages but after that it was really just the same stuff over and over. I probably should have read it two issues a day and I probably would have stuck with it. Certainly not a series to binge read.

As for Guardians, it's full on 90s mess. If you like that, then it's the book to get but other than the Hulk and some gems here and there, I don't like a lot of the stuff from 92-97ish.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    It's a long story haha

I did get all my comics digitally, or what I could get, and started selling my books off. I ended up selling quite a few but only about a third of my books. Then last November there was a decent quake here in NZ and one of my bookcases broke apart resulting in quite a few books getting damaged. I had insurance so have been dealing with an adjustor to sort out value, and they ended up paying out in March covering about 90% of Market Value on the damaged books which was pretty fair.

I then went through my books again, I'd left them on the floor as I didn't want to open them or cause further damage till I had them replaced or been paid out. I sort of fell in love with my comics again at that point. It had hurt seeing the smashed bookshelf and I had written them off in my mind. I've now decided I will keep a collection, just it will be smaller. So I'm buying books again, to replace a few badly damaged ones and some new releases that have come out to upgrade tpbs I already had like GotG, Gotham Central, Journey into Mystery etc. Also rebuying some books I regretted selling like Hickmans Avengers.

I'm still selling off some books now, just really focusing the collection. It will probably end up all fitting in one bookshelf but we shall see.
    Oh, I see. That's quite the story, with quakes and all. Nice to see the passion in you again.

Anyway, I had written a long post saying how I relate to that and how I currently feel about my own forsaken collection, but it got rather boring.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    is this new?

Attachment 47508

Captain America by Mark Waid & Ron Garney Omnibus Hardcover – Dec 19 2017

COLLECTING: CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 444-454; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1998) 1-23; IRON MAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL '98; CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY 1-12, ROUGH CUT; MATERIAL FROM CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE LEGEND; CAPTAIN AMERICA: RED, WHITE & BLUE
    That's probably not an entirely accurate solicitation. Cap Vol. 3 #24 isn't a Waid or Garney issue, and probably won't be in there. So basically it collects Captian America Operation Rebirth, To Serve and Protect, American Nightmare, Land of the Free, and Sentinel of Liberty. The biggest omission is Waid's Man Out of Time story. That wasn't with Garney, but Garney isn't the artist on 100% of what's listed there. It would be cool if they included the Man Out Of Time mini and called it a day on Waid-Cap.