Page 579 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 794795295695755765775785795805815825835896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 20754
    Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So what runs the have never or have only partially been reprinted would everyone most like to see? I'd love to see the Fantastic Four by Claremont & Larroca reprinted.
    Spectacular Spider-Man by DeMatteis and Sal Buscema.

Are the Bendis X-Men HCs collecting All New X-Men (4 volumes) and Uncanny (2 volumes) Oversized? Weird that they didn't go with the Omnibus route.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are the Bendis X-Men HCs collecting All New X-Men (4 volumes) and Uncanny (2 volumes) Oversized? Weird that they didn't go with the Omnibus route.
    There are both standard-size HCs and OHCs covering the entire run. I'm sure they'll get around to an omni eventually.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    To everyone not enjoying Duggan's DP, at least read up to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. One of the best stories in Marvel history, IMO. And I'm not a huge Deadpool fan.
    I agree, I'm not a huge Deadpool fan, but this story arc was fantastic through and through. I feel Duggan has some really good tortured soul Deadpool stories up his sleeve, but editorial makes him focus on the funny bits more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    How good is Kaare Andrews IF and Iron Man Director of Shield? Have a load of complete collections on order and trying to thin them out a bit as the last couple I have read I haven't really enjoyed (the pulse & Avengers initiative) but I seem to have been caught in the trap of buying them all and I want to break the chain
    Some others have already weighed in on the Iron Fist book, but I have to say that Director of SHIELD is phenomenal. Probably the best Iron Man stuff of the 2000s besides Warren Ellis' Extremis.

Yeah Iron Man Director of Shield is a great follow up to Extremis.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I see its $45 at CGN and sold out at IST, so could be close to OOP status.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Down to two copies at Amazon so looks like OOP soon. Bought the last from CGN though Amazon for $32. Hopefully they don't cancel the order because they're "out of stock and forgot to delist" when they realize they charge more on their site. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Based on the number of volumes you listed, yes, those are OHCs. Keep in mind that you would also need the OHCs for Battle Of The Atom and Black Vortex to complete the run.
    Last edited by csista; 04-10-2017 at 01:02 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    To everyone not enjoying Duggan's DP, at least read up to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. One of the best stories in Marvel history, IMO. And I'm not a huge Deadpool fan.
    Just because there's been so many comments about this omni, I wanted to state my own opinion, because I really love this book. Sure, Dead Presidents is not the epitome of story telling, and I was a bit annoyed when they all (presidents) had to be mentioned and numbered, as if I was somehow reading a history book, but other than that, I enjoyed it, like I did most of their stuff. I read Dracula's Gauntlet and Deadpools Wedding, after which, I just had to get the Omnibus, and it has not let me down.
    I completely respect other peoples opinions, but I need to say that there are those of us who disagree

Quote Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
    spectacular spider-man by dematteis and sal buscema.
    yaaaas....

Ill just pop in to say that I for one really liked Kaare Andrews Iron Fist and that I thought the art was fantastic! :P
    Very Miller-esque.

Different strokes i guess...

Punisher Epic?

Punisher Epic Collection: Capital Punishment

COLLECTING: VOL. 7: PUNISHER (1987) 63-75, PUNISHER: G-FORCE, PUNISHER: DIE HARD IN THE BIG EASY, PUNISHER/BLACK WIDOW: SPINNING DOOMSDAY'S WEB

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Glad to see i wasn't the only one not feeling the new deadpool shtick. But I'll definitely read it but after I get done with some much better stuff.

Also finished Superior Foes in two sittings, a big rarity for me. What a book! The art, humor, characters and plot were all on point! Its like a cross between ocean's eleven, big nothing (simon pegg/david schwimmer black comedy crime movie that everyone needs to watch) and the almost got 'im ep of Batman TAS. Best spidey book without spider-man in it. Even the last few bonus issues by different writers/artists were good. I'll go ahead and I liked it better than Fraction's Hawkeye, which I felt was too self-indulgent. I was much more invested in every character, shocker being a stand-out (who'd have thought)! Buy this book people. I see its $45 at CGN and sold out at IST, so could be close to OOP status.
    Don't mock the Shocker!!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Word of potential warning - I've been reading the new UXM Epic today, and I'm almost certain that the paper quality has slightly changed. I'll dig up the caliper and see if it can detect a difference from the earlier epics.
    Is that the UXM Second Genesis epic? That's the one I've avoided because it's quadruple dipping the early Claremont run for me (save FOOM).

I just saw the DD Brubaker v.1 omni in a LCS and I have to say the wraparound covers really help make these new omnis attractive. Much better alternative to the plain cardstock boards with white print. Also, the paper thickness issue seems to be a non-deal breaker/factor for the glossy page omnis, imo. The reprint books with white pages were a problem with the thinner paper, iirc.

Marvel doing their best to draw me back into the omni game.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Is that the UXM Second Genesis epic? That's the one I've avoided because it's quadruple dipping the early Claremont run for me (save FOOM).

I just saw the DD Brubaker v.1 omni in a LCS and I have to say the wraparound covers really help make these new omnis attractive. Much better alternative to the plain cardstock boards with white print. Also, the paper thickness issue seems to be a non-deal breaker/factor for the glossy page omnis, imo. The reprint books with white pages were a problem with the thinner paper, iirc.

Marvel doing their best to draw me back into the omni game.

The wrap around covers are awesome indeed. I would love to see these for all hardcovers...even the classic silver age/bronze age omnis.

Spectacular Member

Hi, first time writing around here. I think these are new, right?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At least I hadn't seen those before today.

PD: I really like the Dr Strange cover