Page 581 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 814815315715775785795805815825835845855916316811081 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Could WatX really be worse than his solo Wolverine? Or his Ghost Rider?
    I generally found his solo Wolverine to be utterly unreadable, but at least it had an intriguing overarching plot. WatX... just no.

For the record, I think nearly every issue of his Thor is utterly brilliant and it's going to go down as not only one of the best Thor runs of all time, but one of the best modern Marvel runs of the past decade.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'm ready for more Aaron in my life... Would you guys recommend Thor or Dr Strange? Don't have room, time or money for both.

Could WatX really be worse than his solo Wolverine? Or his Ghost Rider?
    Aside from the slight Preacher knock off vibes..and the basic villain trying to rule the world shtick....what about Aaron's Ghost Rider didn't you like?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'm ready for more Aaron in my life... Would you guys recommend Thor or Dr Strange? Don't have room, time or money for both.
    Thor 100%.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

GotG by Valentino is all in omni.
    I know that. I want more of that volume in Omni. That's why I said, "at least up through #50". Preferably all since it all goes to #75 but the low sells of even the solid Valentino run mean that's not likely to happen unless Marvel just really needs to mine more GotG material to sell in various formats.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

amazing spider-man omnibus vol 3 dust jacket.

asm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    amazing spider-man omnibus vol 3 dust jacket.

asm.jpg
    This is one of the rare instances where I prefer this cover over the DM variant cover. I'm not a fan of the six armed Spidey cover they chose to use.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I generally found his solo Wolverine to be utterly unreadable, but at least it had an intriguing overarching plot. WatX... just no.

For the record, I think nearly every issue of his Thor is utterly brilliant and it's going to go down as not only one of the best Thor runs of all time, but one of the best modern Marvel runs of the past decade.
    I agree. The Thor run is excellent, but it does have that one giant inexplicable stain. It's very unfortunate they didn't use the Original Sin event to give us a Thor story where we actually see him screw up and do something to become unworthy. I think this run would be held with much higher regard by many more people had that happened.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    This is one of the rare instances where I prefer this cover over the DM variant cover. I'm not a fan of the six armed Spidey cover they chose to use.
    C'mon man, that's a classic! I personally don't care for this one, so I'll have to get in early day of release b4 they get sold out.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    C'mon man, that's a classic! I personally don't care for this one, so I'll have to get in early day of release b4 they get sold out.
    I just think it's weird to use the Morbius cover for a collection that features relatively little Morbius.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Thanks for the feedback on Thor, everyone. I decided to buy the two volumes. Cheers!

Regarding Aaron's Thor run, I'm hoping for at least a two-volume set of Omnibi, but Original Sin will be a major problem for that. Since the whole event doesn't revolve around Thor nor takes him as a main character, it would feel egregious to include it, BUT since it affects the character so much, not including it would be as bad.

So, what do you people say? How do you think a potential (and, to me, an eventual) omnibi set should be divided? All of T:GoT in one volume with OS and then another with Jane's story? Or no OS at all and let there be a single text page explaining the situation?

BTW, as a merit to the quality of the run, let me remind you all that it's been the only run that keeps the same story going since Marvel NOW in 2012.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Super surprised to see GOTG by Valentino do so poorly...I'm excited to read that book and was looking forward to it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That seems impossible, since Wolverine and The X-Men exists in this world
    I was very surprised they pumped out the WAXM omnibus so quickly for a run that was meh level reading at its highest point. Thor has been great, but the reveal def put a damper on the run still really good, but after so much build major let down.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Aside from the slight Preacher knock off vibes..and the basic villain trying to rule the world shtick....what about Aaron's Ghost Rider didn't you like?
    I really liked the opening arc but then it devolved into a really bad Preacher knock off like you said, with really lame theological elements and no interesting characters.