Page 582 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 824825325725785795805815825835845855865926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 20773
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Regarding Aaron's Thor run, I'm hoping for at least a two-volume set of Omnibi, but Original Sin will be a major problem for that. Since the whole event doesn't revolve around Thor nor takes him as a main character, it would feel egregious to include it, BUT since it affects the character so much, not including it would be as bad.

So, what do you people say? How do you think a potential (and, to me, an eventual) omnibi set should be divided? All of T:GoT in one volume with OS and then another with Jane's story? Or no OS at all and let there be a single text page explaining the situation?

BTW, as a merit to the quality of the run, let me remind you all that it's been the only run that keeps the same story going since Marvel NOW in 2012.
    They'd also need to include the Loki crossover mini that tied into OS. Maybe they'd do GoT, Tenth Realm, and then either a text page or the individual issue(s) from Original Sin as the first volume, and then collect the rest in Volume 2?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

I’ve grouped the new entries separately from the reentries this month as there was once again a substantial amount of Omnibuses that were picked up by comic retailers at clearance prices.

32. Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,027
    59. Deadpool Classic Vol. 17 Headcanon TPB - 1,548
    66. New Mutants Epic Collection Vol. 1: Renewal - 1,457
    68. Wolverine Vs Punisher TPB - 1,386
    69. X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 5: Second Genesis - 1,376
    72. Daredevil By Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,370
    74. X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 1: Genesis and Apocalypse - 1,341
    75. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2: Old Republic - 1,330
    78. Wolverine Vs Marvel Universe TPB - 1,309
    89. Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC Vol. 11 - 1,237
    98. Excalibur Epic Collection Vol. 1 The Sword Is Drawn - 1,179
    106. Iron Fist Living Weapon Complete Collection - 1,138
    133. X-Force Epic Collection Vol. 1: Under The Gun - 950
    145. Cloak and Dagger Lost and Found TPB - 860
    189. Avengers Initiative Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 632
    199. Uncanny Inhumans OHC Vol. 1 - 604
    205. New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection Vol. 3 - 589
    212. Guardians of Galaxy by Jim Valentino Omnibus - 574
    238. Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Vol. 3 - 512
    Damn that's low
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Damn that's low
    baa55df03342db29aea486974e8f6c3cb7322e6b859863a2f3e29388450e85a8.jpg

Cyclops was right.
    Cyclops was right

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Damn that's low
    I bought it as a "blind buy" solely for the oversized McNiven artwork, however I've read scattered praise for the material. Is it terrible?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I bought it as a "blind buy" solely for the oversized McNiven artwork, however I've read scattered praise for the material. Is it terrible?
    It is good. Not as good as Inhuman but good. The hate you see is from Butt hurt X-fans
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 04-14-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Question about Aaron's Thor run:

I bought the OHC of the beginning of the female Thor run. I was about to start it but realized I might have to read the previous Thor books leading up to him being unworthy. So I'm wondering about the Aaron Thor God of Thunder v1+2 OHC books. The reason I bought this and not those was because Thor never interested me. Ever. Even in the movies. But for some reason, when a female Thor was announced, that appealed to me more. So that's why I picked that volume first. Is Aaron's run on Thor really that good enough for me to go back and get those? Or can I just bypass that and start from the female Thor? Just wondering before I drop $30 for each book. If it's nothing special, I won't bother.
    I'm not a Thor guy but I thought that first OHC was the best Thor story I ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I agree. The Thor run is excellent, but it does have that one giant inexplicable stain. It's very unfortunate they didn't use the Original Sin event to give us a Thor story where we actually see him screw up and do something to become unworthy. I think this run would be held with much higher regard by many more people had that happened.
    Its part of that "hand waving" era in Marvel where editorial though by just saying something like "Thor is suddenly unworthy" or "8 months later" was enough to justify doing whatever the hell any writer wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Its ok, there is a reason the Inhumans languished for decades: they are just not that interesting. Marvel trying to ram the concept down everyone's throat doesn't help.

Okay, maybe a little off-topic, but has everyone seen the new Thor trailer yet? OMG, I think that's the best movie trailer possibly ever, for sure for a Marvel Movie, IMO.

I have "Immigrant Song" stuck in my head at a constant loop, and that's not a bad thing. Was there ever a song more fitted for a Thor movie? I mean, c'mon, it has the line "Hammer of the Gods" in it!

I really like what they're doing here. Fully realizing it won't mirror the mythological Ragnarok nor even from the comics, as probably no Balder/Baldur who kinda starts out the whole thing with his death, no Midgard Serpent I would imagine, looks like Loki is on the 'good guys' side vs. 'bad guys' side, and so instead of the lead instigator being Loki, it will be Hela (who looks amazing, BTW).

Circling back to comics, there's a quick shot of the Executioner (played by Karl Urban) firing an M-16, STRAIGHT out of the comics, where he fought his last battle. I would think Mr. Simonson is dancing a little jig and giggling at that, like I did at how awesome it is that it mirrors the comics almost exactly, at least for that frame shot. And from what I've read the new director is taking less of a LOTR vibe and more of a humor/GotG vibe, which I'm all for. Not every movie needs to be all serious like 'Civil War', and even that had funny moments.

Needless to say I'm really looking forward to this. I do wonder since they have the Executioner in it, if they will have the Enchantress in it as well? Or maybe just have him be Hela's lapdog vs. Enchactress' lapdog so as not to have to add in another character. And I see they are having Heimdall do a fight scene - it's obvious when you have a high level actor like Idris Elba that they're going to work in more screentime for him, which is all good on my part.

Between this and GotG2, plus WW, JL and Star Wars, this looks to be a really FUN movie season coming up. Can't wait.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

The trailer made me want to read more Thor comics like the Logan movie did with Wolverine for me.
    We need better comics

The trailer made me go "Ahh screw it, maybe I'll pick up the Planet Hulk Omnibus after all" even though I I've owned the OHC since release.

The trailer made me want to read more Thor comics like the Logan movie did with Wolverine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The trailer made me go "Ahh screw it, maybe I'll pick up the Planet Hulk Omnibus after all" even though I I've owned the OHC since release.
    And this is the very reason so many omnis, epics, reprints, etc. coincide with these film and tv show releases

The trailer makes me want to not see it at all.

But I'm super happy about the Thor books we're getting this year

Incredible Member

I have never been hyped for a Thor movie. But that trailer has made it the most hyped I've been for a Superhero movie ever. I live in a time where I'm more hyped for a Thor movie, than a JL or Spider-man movie. Crazy

The trailer was fine aesthetically....I just don't get why they took the best possible scenario for a successful stand-alone Hulk movie (Planet Hulk), and merged it with a climactic Thor arc (Ragnarok). Thor vs Hulk is a good thing, as seen in the animated movie...but this trailer has DC cinematic universe dripping all over it...from the potential of trying to fit together too many disparate parts in haste, right down to the pop/rock anthem track being played over it. Not a good sign.