Page 588 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 884885385785845855865875885895905915925986386881088 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 20773
    Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Why would anyone want a Muppet Babies collection?
    To read with their children.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Yep I'm on board for this reason, Marie Severin art, and childhood nostalgia. The question is what is the print run to be since the Muppets omni hit clearance multiple times and that should have been a much bigger potential market than this. Not sure if I will buy release or wait for the more than likely clearance.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've added in the Omnis that Near Mint supplied for the remainder of the year. Are these in totality what Marvel is offering or could we expect to see a few more solicits?
    If so I propose this get added to the list on post 2 in the thread. It's then updated for the rest of the year and we can start focusing on the Most Wanted poll and fretting about that first Hatchette Catalog for 1Q '18!!!

Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme vol.1 - July 2017
    Avengers by Hickman - July 2017
    Marvel Monsterbus vol.2 - August 2017
    Loki: JiM by Gillen - August 2017
    Punisher by Garth Ennis (reprint) - September 2017
    Punisher Back to the War - September 2017

Darth Vader - September 2017
    Star Wars: The Marvel UK Omnibus - September 2017
    Hulk: Planet Hulk - September 2017
    Hulk: World War Hulk - October 2017
    Mighty Thor vol. 3 - October 2017

Thor: Heroes Return vol. 1 - October 2017
    Simonson Thor (reprint) - October 2017
    Shang-Chi: MoKF Volume 4 - October 2017
    Muppet Babies - October 2017
    Deadpool & X-Force - November 2017
    Spider-man: Clone Saga vol. 2 - November 2017
    X-Men Classic - December 2017
    Captain America by Waid & Garney - December 2017
    Those are the ones I'll be getting along with Brubaker's DD vol. 2. Combine those with the possibility of Gillen's JiM, Waid's Cap, Dr. Strange and Thor Heroes Reborn....it's looking like the wallet will take a bit of a hit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Yup. This is on my radar. My daughter is only 4 but I've been trying to buy books that I think would be good to introduce to my daughter. She already loves superheroes; that's easy. Trying to find good books in general that also keep me entertained since I have to read them to her is the difficult part. That and finding something with healthy female representation. So much princess bullshit I have to wade through, lol.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I voted way out left field stuff that probably wont even get on the list.

Everyone will be voting the usual stuff, so thought I'd take a risk on something a bit more random getting some recognition.

I fully expect to see something Runaways related for the TV show. An omni of the 3 current OHC makes sense, even if a little pointless beyond having an omnibus logo as it's already in the size and can be found for a bargain with a bit of patience and ebay haunting.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Got my vote in. I gave Runaways some love, but my longshot was Punisher by Rucka. It would be a small omni, 21ish issues, but I want it in hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yup. This is on my radar. My daughter is only 4 but I've been trying to buy books that I think would be good to introduce to my daughter. She already loves superheroes; that's easy. Trying to find good books in general that also keep me entertained since I have to read them to her is the difficult part. That and finding something with healthy female representation. So much princess bullshit I have to wade through, lol.
    My son is 5 and bought his first two "comic books" recently. He got the Super Mario Adventures TPB which collects the old Nintendo Power back up strips and a random issue of DC's super powers which is a kid friendly title. I felt bad taking him to the comic shop because there was literally nothing for him there besides those two and a stack of My Little Pony books he wanted to get for his little sister. When I was a kid there were all sorts of comics just for kids. Anyone remember the spinner rack 3-packs with Hanna Barbera books like Tom & Jerry or Casper, Flintstones or Popeye or whatever? Then there were the DC Super Powers books, Spidey Super Stories, Marvel's star line + GI Joe and Transformers, etc. Even those aren't for kids any more. Later on down the line, Marvel & DC had great adaptions of cartoons like Spidey or X-Men Adventures, etc. The comics industry has really left this market behind and is suffering for it. Kids just aren't into comics like a generation ago. And there's no (or almost no) entry point for them if/when they can even stumble onto comics.

On another topic, I voted in the Omnibus survey over on the MMW MB and used pretty much my leftover choices from last year like various PAD Hulk volumes, Spidey by Micheline/Bagely, Maximum Carnage, and just for foolishness I voted for Crystar Crystal Warrior as my #10 choice ... I mean we JUST heard about Muppet Babies, Ewoks, and Droids....sheesh.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 04-22-2017 at 10:18 AM.

lol I think I'm the only one who gave some love to X-Treme X-Men with my vote. I just find it an underrated work by Claremont. Much better than his Revolution run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Got my vote in. I gave Runaways some love, but my longshot was Punisher by Rucka. It would be a small omni, 21ish issues, but I want it in hardcover.
    I finally caved and bought the trades on eBay yesterday, so I assume an omni/OHC will be announced any day now. You're all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I finally caved and bought the trades on eBay yesterday, so I assume an omni/OHC will be announced any day now. You're all welcome.
    Lol. I, and probably most of us, know how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Thank you for your sacrifice.

I look forward to the omnibus

Marvel has made Spider-Man: Clone Saga Omnibus Part 1 and Part 2 has been announced. However, do we know if The Ben Reilly issues will be put together in an Omnibus? There are 6 Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Saga books but will there be an omnibus?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    lol I think I'm the only one who gave some love to X-Treme X-Men with my vote. I just find it an underrated work by Claremont. Much better than his Revolution run.
    The only thing keeping me from voting for this run is not being convinced it can be crammed into one volume, although it's more likely if Mekanix is omitted.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The only thing keeping me from voting for this run is not being convinced it can be crammed into one volume, although it's more likely if Mekanix is omitted.
    I think we can have 2 smaller volumes. Like the X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Guys,

Don't forget to vote in the Marvel Omnibus Secret Ballot!

Check out the rules in post number #8770

Marvelomnisecretballot@gmail.com