Page 589 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 894895395795855865875885895905915925935996396891089 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 20730
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141, Moon Knight #13 & any other "important" appearances from Marvel Fanfare & MTU)

This is the period between the two Frank Miller "runs". There are definitely some very solid stories and art here and well worthy of being published in an oversized format.
    Yes - agreed. I could have written this same post. As a kid when these issues were released, I remember really enjoying them - despite the fact that they came out after FM's initial run. Excellent stories & art here. Wolverine & DD in Japan, a stand-alone Ben Urich story, the Micah Synn storyline, DD fights the Vulture, etc.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...evil_200.shtml

Also, I would add DD #219 here as well. Great story written by Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Yes - agreed. I could have written this same post. As a kid when these issues were released, I remember really enjoying them - despite the fact that they came out after FM's initial run. Excellent stories & art here. Wolverine & DD in Japan, a stand-alone Ben Urich story, the Micah Synn storyline, DD fights the Vulture, etc.

# 219 is already collected in the Miller companion omnibus

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    # 219 is already collected in the Miller companion omnibus
    OK, but I don't have that Miller companion volume. #219 was also reprinted in the long OOP "DD: Love's Labor Lost" Trade from around 2002-ish (which I do have), but I still don't see the harm in including #219 in a potential Omni that would reprint #192 - #225, if only not to skip any issues. Plus, potential buyers of this Omni may not have these previous volumes that reprint #219.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 04-22-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Marvel has made Spider-Man: Clone Saga Omnibus Part 1 and Part 2 has been announced. However, do we know if The Ben Reilly issues will be put together in an Omnibus? There are 6 Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Saga books but will there be an omnibus?
    We don't know. I figure it could go either way and will mainly depend on how well volume 2 sells.

OK, but I don't have that Miller companion volume. #219 was also reprinted in the long OOP "DD: Love's Labor Lost" Trade from around 2002-ish (which I do have), but I still don't see the harm in including #219 in a potential Omni that would reprint #192 - #225, if only not to skip any issues. Plus, potential buyers of this Omni may not have these previous volumes that reprint #219.
    I would be surprised if they did collect along with the O'Neal, figure it would be similar to the Byrne Fantastic Four omnibus were they skip 219.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would be surprised if they did collect along with the O'Neal, figure it would be similar to the Byrne Fantastic Four omnibus were they skip 219.
    You're probably right. However, I hate creator-centric collections that skip relevant issues just because they were written/drawn by someone else. If that's the case, maybe it would be better if Classic DD #191-#225 were reprinted in the Epic collection (and not an Omni) - that way, they wouldn't skip any issues.

I remember getting the Gil Kane Superman collection several years back; these were some of my favorite Superman comics back in the day. However, the collection was incomplete because they didn't include all of the covers of the issues reprinted because Kane didn't draw certain ones - what a crock. So, fans have an incomplete collection just because of some stupid editorial decision. And, yes, I do count missing covers as an incomplete collection.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 04-22-2017 at 05:18 PM.

I was only pointing out why the issue wasn't included. That said it's such an off beat stand alone story anyway that the reader doesn't lose anything with its omission. But, for the completist . . .

Ballot filled and sent!

Tigereyes wrote :
    "If you would like to nominate something that did not make the TOP 50 last year so it jogs people's memories, I will allow for that. "

I'd like to nominate :

Loki: Agent of Asgard (Ewing)
    (COLLECTING : Loki: Agent of Asgard 1-17)

Earth X / Universe X / Paradise X (Ross / Krueger)
    (COLLECTING : Earth X 1-14, Universe X 1-14 and Paradise X 1-14)

Secret Wars Battleworld, Vol. 1 (of 2)
    (COLLECTING : 7 full runs of Secret Wars Battleworld)

Secret Wars Warzones, Vol. 1 (of 4)
    (COLLECTING : 7 full runs of Secret Wars Warzones)

Captains America : Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson (Spencer)
    (COLLECTING : Captain America : Steve Rogers 1-15 / Captain America : Sam Wilson 1-22)

New Avengers, Vol. 1 (Ewing)
    (COLLECTING : New Avengers 1-18)

Fantastic Four (Claremont/Larocca)
    (COLLECTING : Fantastic Four #1-34 & 1/2, Annual 1998 & 1999)

She-Hulk, Vol. 1 (Slott)
    (COLLECTING : The first half of She-Hulk (2004) #1-12, She-Hulk (2005) #1-38, and Marvel Westerns: Two-Gun Kid, She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, X-Factor #34-35 (a Secret Invasion crossover), and She-Hulk Sensational (2010)

Silver Surfer, Vol. 1 (Slott)
    (COLLECTING : Silver Surfer 1-15)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah, these alongside Miller's run were also some of my first Marvel comics. The Japan issues were pretty good with some pretty decent art by William Johnson. I think he'd come off a Shang-Chi run and you could see some very nice Kung Fu art.

As Tom and Judge wrote, I don't think #219 would appear in this run if they printed it but I hear what you're saying.

Anyway, it would be very cool if this Daredevil run appeared in the Top 50 most wanted Omnibuses.

When does the ballot end? I haven't voted yet (was a little behind on my studies), but I intend to soon.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    When does the ballot end? I haven't voted yet (was a little behind on my studies), but I intend to soon.
    Last Day to Vote will be Midnight Eastern time on May 7th. Happy Voting
    I also haven't voted yet. Should get mine in this week.

All-New Member

It it too much to ask for a Second Coming ,Messiah complex , Messiah War combination omnibus

I've been trying to finalise my 10 picks for the list, and I thought of one book that I can't believe hasn't been better collected, the Marvel Team Up 25 issue run Kirkman did in the early 2000s. Surely a nice slim omnibus of that would sell like gang busters off his name alone?

It's going in my ten picks anyway ��

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, these alongside Miller's run were also some of my first Marvel comics. The Japan issues were pretty good with some pretty decent art by William Johnson. I think he'd come off a Shang-Chi run and you could see some very nice Kung Fu art.

As Tom and Judge wrote, I don't think #219 would appear in this run if they printed it but I hear what you're saying.

Anyway, it would be very cool if this Daredevil run appeared in the Top 50 most wanted Omnibuses.
    Yes, these were excellent, underrated issues. You're right - William Johnson drew some of the DD issues prior to #200, and had also done some of the issues at the tail end of the Master of Kung Fu series. I also voted for this DD Omni - hopefully it makes the cut; I'd like to see this at some point in the next several years, especially since most of the issues have never been reprinted anywhere.

And, I agree, #219 probably wouldn't be included here.

It's also worth noting that most of the DD comics after the iconic Frank Miller "Born Again" series (i.e., #234-380) have also never been reprinted - other than in some Trades & a couple of Epics here in there. It would be nice to see all of these Classic DD issues reprinted. They've largely been ignored for some reason:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/daredevil/5
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 04-23-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOD View Post
    It it too much to ask for a Second Coming ,Messiah complex , Messiah War combination omnibus
    Aren't there dozens(hundreds?) of issues between each of those?