Page 592 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 924925425825885895905915925935945955966026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Big thanks to everyone that replied. Looks like AoA is the way to go.
    If you're looking for horribly bad writing, even worse art (oh man, the pockets), and 90s cheese, then plop down that folding paper and get ready for a ride!

If you're looking for actual readable X-Men that doesn't suck, then try to snag either Morrison omnibus (which you can get in OHCs) or the two Whedon OHCs of Astonishing, since the omnibus is pretty expensive.

Yes . . . I'm the guy who is going to pee in the soup . . . Heh.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 04-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If you're looking for horribly bad writing, even worse art (oh man, the pockets), and 90s cheese, then plop down that folding paper and get ready for a ride!

If you're looking for actual readable X-Men that doesn't suck, then try to snag either Morrison omnibus (which you can get in OHCs) or the two Whedon OHCs of Astonishing, since the omnibus is pretty expensive.

Yes . . . I'm the guy who is going to pee in the soup . . . Heh.
    Lol, no worries. Yeah I know the mid 90's are pretty rough outside of of the big Vertigo books of the time. I've got an interesting history with the X-Men. For many years I'd intentionally avoided pretty much everything X-Men because I didn't want to open that can of history and it's bazillion titles, continuity, etc. But...the second omni I ever bought, Brubaker CA v1 was the first, back in I think 2011 or 12, was Astonishing X-Men. Go figure. I always liked it, but made the then conscious decision not to persue it any further at the time due to the reasons I mentioned, money, other books I wanted, etc. Well, last year when they reprinted Uncanny v1, I opened that can. I liked it a lot for its craziness so I bought V2 and 3. For me this is where the stories really took off, loved both volumes. Bought the New X-Men reprint last fall and finally just got around to reading it and finished it last week. Loved it as well, Morrison really shook things up with what a Mutant could be, teen angst, etc. I don't know why, but I loved Beak, and his descendant in the last Planet X arc. Anyways, next up I'm going to re-read Astonishing then I'll check out AoA. Like said, that can is now open. At some point, I'll probably back up and buy some other paperbacks if I don't decide to close the bleeding wound.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Messiah Complex is 13 issues, Messiah War is 7 (though the OHC included another 6), and Second Coming is 15 issues. So, they could easily fit together into a single Omnibus.

The bigger problem is, as you pointed out, that they don't connect with each other. Second Coming does complete the arc that Messiah Complex begins, but there's all of UXM and X-Force in the middle teeing up its big plot beats. And, Messiah War really has nothing to do with either of them - it's just X-Force and Cable romping together against an Stryfe copy in the future.

People are obsessed with putting them together solely because of the theme of their titles. Vote for it if you're so motivated, but they would make a crappy book. Plus, they've all been in OHC already, but that period is rife with UXM and Legacy issues that have never seen oversized collection that would remain as gaps between them.
    What I'm really craving is a House of M Omni
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Since I have all the OHCs, I would pass on that one....

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Lol, no worries. Yeah I know the mid 90's are pretty rough outside of of the big Vertigo books of the time. I've got an interesting history with the X-Men. For many years I'd intentionally avoided pretty much everything X-Men because I didn't want to open that can of history and it's bazillion titles, continuity, etc. But...the second omni I ever bought, Brubaker CA v1 was the first, back in I think 2011 or 12, was Astonishing X-Men. Go figure. I always liked it, but made the then conscious decision not to persue it any further at the time due to the reasons I mentioned, money, other books I wanted, etc. Well, last year when they reprinted Uncanny v1, I opened that can. I liked it a lot for its craziness so I bought V2 and 3. For me this is where the stories really took off, loved both volumes. Bought the New X-Men reprint last fall and finally just got around to reading it and finished it last week. Loved it as well, Morrison really shook things up with what a Mutant could be, teen angst, etc. I don't know why, but I loved Beak, and his descendant in the last Planet X arc. Anyways, next up I'm going to re-read Astonishing then I'll check out AoA. Like said, that can is now open. At some point, I'll probably back up and buy some other paperbacks if I don't decide to close the bleeding wound.

I understand. I enjoyed Uncanny X-Men up until about the early 220s or so. I didn't read another one until Morrison took over and a friend begged me to. After that I went back and read some runs but could never really get into the 90s X-stuff except for the rare gem here or there.

Voted! Really just went through my shelves and picked out what I would like to see upgraded to omni format.

I even tried including which issues the omni's would contain. Got a little messy...

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Voted! Really just went through my shelves and picked out what I would like to see upgraded to omni format.

I even tried including which issues the omni's would contain. Got a little messy...
    It all seems so easy until you have to play editor
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

All-New Member

What are the chances of an omnibus of some of the 2099 stuff??? Like x men, punisher or the original Spider-Man 2099 run

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Since I have all the OHCs, I would pass on that one....
    I have the OHCs too, but would like the 3 prequel series collecting with them. Unfortunately, the 4x OHCs plus the uncollected material is too big for 1 omnibus. I'd be happy with an additional OHC, but I think we'll be more likely to get a HoM omnibus + Companion (if it were to happen).

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    What do you mean by this, krisis? Are we getting solicits in the next two weeks? I'm relatively new to this whole Omnibus collecting stuff, so I've no idea when do we get release dates and announcements.

EDIT: oh, never mind. I got it now. You'll be blogging about that stuff.
    Indeed!

For those still looking for potential votes to fill out their ballots, I've blogged a comprehensive map of potential Omnibuses for all of the X-Men titles 1963 to 1991 and 1991 to 2001, which yields 46 potential omnibuses - including one that would probably be my #2 vote if I thought anyone other than me would vote for it.

If you've been thinking of a potential X-Omni and just can't quite put your finger on what it should collect, this should help you nail it down. I'll continue this series of posts this week until I've covered every possible omnibus of X-Men comics through present day. Then, my intent is to reverse course and highlight some of the most-deserving omnibus runs from the rest of Marvel from All-New All-Different all the way back to the Silver Age.

Basically: If you haven't voted yet, settle in - I have a lot of suggestions for you
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Indeed!

For those still looking for potential votes to fill out their ballots, I've blogged a comprehensive map of potential Omnibuses for all of the X-Men titles 1963 to 1991 and 1991 to 2001, which yields 46 potential omnibuses - including one that would probably be my #2 vote if I thought anyone other than me would vote for it.
    )
    Would that be a certain dazzling songstress per chance?

Wish I had remember this one:

X-Men: The Lost Years (Amazing Adventures #11-17 (transformation of The Beast), Incredible Hulk #150, 161, 172, & 180-181 (debut of Wolverine), Amazing Spider-Man #92, Marvel Team-Up #4, 23, & 38, Avengers #110-111, Captain America #172-175, Defenders #15-16, and Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 + Fantastic Four (1961) #102-104 and Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 (1970) #9-10 + 22-issue series of “X-Men: The Hidden Years”)

and this makes a lot more sense than X-factor Omni with 1st issues or a Alan Davies Omni:

X-Men: Crossroads Omnibus (UXM #199-209 + Ann 9-10, NM 35-45 + Ann 2 & Special Edition, X-Factor #1-8 + Ann 1, Marvel Fanfare #33, Alpha Flight #33-34, X-Men: Heroes for Hope, Firestar #1-4, Fantastic Four #286, Avengers #263)

X-Men: Before the Fall Omnibus (Collects Uncanny X-Men #215-219 & Annual 11, X-Factor #12-17 & Annual 2, and New Mutants #47-54 & Ann 3, and some or all of the following – Mephisto vs. X-Factor, Mephisto vs X-Men, Spiderman and Wolverine #1, Marvel Fanfare #38 (Rogue/Dazzler backup), X-Men vs Fantastic Four #1-4, X-Men vs Avengers #1-4, Fallen Angels #1-8, and Marvel Super-Heroes #1 (Magik story))

X-Men: The Shattering Omnibus (Uncanny X-Men #366-375, X-Men #85-95 & Annual 7/1999, X-Men: Magneto War, Magneto Rex #1-3, X-Men Unlimited #23, and Astonishing X-Men (vol. 2) #1-3)

X-Men vs. Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus (Collecting Uncanny X-Men #376-379, X-Men #96-99, X-Men 1999 Yearbook, Cable #75-78, Wolverine #146-149, X-51 #8, X-Force (1991) #101, X-Men: The Search for Cyclops #1-4, X-Men Unlimited #26, and maybe X-Men: Black Sun #1-4 & X-Men: Magik #1-5)

Thanks krisis!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Ok, so I'm close to finishing the second phase of my reading through Daredevil chronologically i.e. Daredevil Volume 2 (1998), the first phase was Daredevil Volume 1 (1964). This includes every single issue of the regular DD run, crossovers, appearances in other comics, miniseries, one shots, all major Marvel events and so on. As I near the finish line, I see in my mind a very serious contender for the Most Wanted Marvel Top 50 Omnibus List:

DAREDEVIL: SHADOWLAND OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Possible material from Daredevil Vol. 2 #500
    Dark Reign The List: Daredevil one shot
    Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Shadowland Tie-ins (Blood On The Streets #1-4; Street Heroes – 7 issues; Moon Knight #1-3; Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts #148-149)
    Possibly pgs. 4-5 from Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

A potential 43 issues with additional material.

The Shadowland Omnibus would very nicely slide onto the shelf between Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 and Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus with no issue gaps in between. Just beautiful.

Another great argument for this Omnibus happening is that the majority of key characters appearing therein also appear in the various Netflix series i.e. Daredevil, Elektra, Foggy Nelson, Ben Urich, Kingpin, The Hand, Punisher, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Rafi Scarfe, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing. Other major players in Shadowland also appear or may appear on the small or big screen such as Ghost Rider (Agents of SHIELD), Moon Knight (possible Netflix series) and Spider-Man (upcoming movies).

Put your votes in on this nomination if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Lila Chaney Omnibus?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As if whether or not anyone else was voting for Dazzler would stop me from voting for it

No, I was referring to one of the gap-fillers, similar to "After Mutant Massacre / Before Fall of the Mutants." I had never really thought of this particular one before, but then once I saw it all laid out in the post I was like, "OMG DUH WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT I NEED IT?!?"

That for me sealed the deal on doing these posts. It's not like I'm telling anyone what to vote for, since I'm suggesting dozens and dozens of books, but I think that - much like that "Before the Fall" book - there are a lot of volumes out there people would vote for in a hurry once they could visualize what they would contain.
    Last edited by krisis; 04-26-2017 at 06:20 AM.