Page 594 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 944945445845905915925935945955965975986046446941094 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    There was a gem among the turds of 90s X-Men comics? Who knew?
    That issue with Cap and Wolverine and Black Widow. I think it was # 268. I confess to having a hard time thinking of other gems.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ok, so I'm close to finishing the second phase of my reading through Daredevil chronologically i.e. Daredevil Volume 2 (1998), the first phase was Daredevil Volume 1 (1964). This includes every single issue of the regular DD run, crossovers, appearances in other comics, miniseries, one shots, all major Marvel events and so on. As I near the finish line, I see in my mind a very serious contender for the Most Wanted Marvel Top 50 Omnibus List:

DAREDEVIL: SHADOWLAND OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Possible material from Daredevil Vol. 2 #500
    Dark Reign The List: Daredevil one shot
    Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Shadowland Tie-ins (Blood On The Streets #1-4; Street Heroes – 7 issues; Moon Knight #1-3; Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts #148-149)
    Possibly pgs. 4-5 from Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

A potential 43 issues with additional material.

The Shadowland Omnibus would very nicely slide onto the shelf between Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 and Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus with no issue gaps in between. Just beautiful.

Another great argument for this Omnibus happening is that the majority of key characters appearing therein also appear in the various Netflix series i.e. Daredevil, Elektra, Foggy Nelson, Ben Urich, Kingpin, The Hand, Punisher, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Rafi Scarfe, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing. Other major players in Shadowland also appear or may appear on the small or big screen such as Ghost Rider (Agents of SHIELD), Moon Knight (possible Netflix series) and Spider-Man (upcoming movies).

Put your votes in on this nomination if you can.
    It made my list.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Oh, wow. Great suggestions.

I'm not gonna lie and pretend my top 10 isn't completely made of X-Books. If the Kelly/Seagle run is your #2, it made my list.
    They are freaking insane to not have that Kelly/Seagle run collected yet, omnibus or not. It's one of the few runs in that period that fans still speak positively about.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    They are freaking insane to not have that Kelly/Seagle run collected yet, omnibus or not. It's one of the few runs in that period that fans still speak positively about.
    They do? As up and down as Lobdell and Nicieza were on the X-Books I'd take them over Kelly/Seagle any day. Not that it was necessarily their fault, they just felt like confused runs, focusing on characters that were quickly sent back to obscurity, and the concepts they were actually able to get in to the books were left unfinished.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    They do? As up and down as Lobdell and Nicieza were on the X-Books I'd take them over Kelly/Seagle any day. Not that it was necessarily their fault, they just felt like confused runs, focusing on characters that were quickly sent back to obscurity, and the concepts they were actually able to get in to the books were left unfinished.
    Agreed....
    Cyclops was right

I feel like Seagle's issues were OK, nothing really special. But Kelly's run is honestly one of my favorites. The character interactions were gold, the dialogue was crispy and it just had a lot of heart. Plus Pacheco's and German Garcia's amazing art (the best Pacheco I've ever seen). Both runs also conclude with the return of Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus to the team, which was a pretty big deal back then, since they'd been gone for a long, long time.

To this date, kelly's first issue (that OZT epilogue where all 3 factions of X-Men come together and Juggernaut pays the mansion a visit) remains one of the best X-Men stories to me.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It made my list.
    Nice one mate! It has to make the list.

I have one more nomination for the Top 50 Omnibus Secret Ballot:

MARVEL KNIGHTS OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Marvel Knights Vol. 1 #1-15
    Marvel Knights Vol. 2 #1-6
    Marvel Knights Double Shot #1-4
    Marvel Knights Sketchbook
    Marvel Knights Wave 2 Sketchbook
    and any additional material from Marvel Nights Tour Book #1; Marvel Knights Magazine #1-6 & Marvel Spotlight Marvel Knights 10th Anniversary)

This is a bit of an outsider BUT may see the light of day in some form of collected edition if the various Netflix series continue to be popular.

Fantastic Member

I think the lack of Ghost Rider 70s color reprints is one of the most egregious gaps in all of Marvel reprints.
    Agreed! I still can't believe we haven't seen classic '70's/'80's Ghost Rider series reprinted in color (I'm not counting the b&w Essential from the 200X's). Excellent horror/supernatural series that really needs to be seen in color to be fully appreciated.

And, even though the GR feature films were awful (I felt NC was extremely miscast), I'm surprised that they didn't reprint at least some of the classic material to coincide with at least one of the film releases.

If not Classic Ghost Rider Omnis, a series of color Trades would work fine.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Nice one mate! It has to make the list.

I have one more nomination for the Top 50 Omnibus Secret Ballot:

MARVEL KNIGHTS OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Marvel Knights Vol. 1 #1-15
    Marvel Knights Vol. 2 #1-6
    Marvel Knights Double Shot #1-4
    Marvel Knights Sketchbook
    Marvel Knights Wave 2 Sketchbook
    and any additional material from Marvel Nights Tour Book #1; Marvel Knights Magazine #1-6 & Marvel Spotlight Marvel Knights 10th Anniversary)

This is a bit of an outsider BUT may see the light of day in some form of collected edition if the various Netflix series continue to be popular.
    I've been wondering where that might turn up, considering it's strong material and it maps so well to Marvel's Netflix offerings. I'd love to see it in an Omnibus, but I suspect it would be a pair of trades.

Also: X-Men Omnibus Mapping, Part 3 is up - it covers from 2001 to 2008.
    Last edited by krisis; 04-27-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Ok, so I'm close to finishing the second phase of my reading through Daredevil chronologically i.e. Daredevil Volume 2 (1998), the first phase was Daredevil Volume 1 (1964). This includes every single issue of the regular DD run, crossovers, appearances in other comics, miniseries, one shots, all major Marvel events and so on. As I near the finish line, I see in my mind a very serious contender for the Most Wanted Marvel Top 50 Omnibus List:

DAREDEVIL: SHADOWLAND OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Possible material from Daredevil Vol. 2 #500
    Dark Reign The List: Daredevil one shot
    Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Shadowland Tie-ins (Blood On The Streets #1-4; Street Heroes – 7 issues; Moon Knight #1-3; Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts #148-149)
    Possibly pgs. 4-5 from Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

A potential 43 issues with additional material.

The Shadowland Omnibus would very nicely slide onto the shelf between Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 and Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus with no issue gaps in between. Just beautiful.

Another great argument for this Omnibus happening is that the majority of key characters appearing therein also appear in the various Netflix series i.e. Daredevil, Elektra, Foggy Nelson, Ben Urich, Kingpin, The Hand, Punisher, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Rafi Scarfe, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing. Other major players in Shadowland also appear or may appear on the small or big screen such as Ghost Rider (Agents of SHIELD), Moon Knight (possible Netflix series) and Spider-Man (upcoming movies).

Put your votes in on this nomination if you can.
    Do people really want a Shadowland Omni?

It was bad
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

It was bad
    It would bridge the gap between Brubaker and Waid omnibus, but yeah it was bad hopefully they do not do it.

Spectacular Member

I've been wondering where that might turn up, considering it's strong material and it maps so well to Marvel's Netflix offerings. I'd love to see it in an Omnibus, but I suspect it would be a pair of trades.

Also: X-Men Omnibus Mapping, Part 3 is up - it covers from 2001 to 2008.
    Great stuff once again!

Not a ton I'd be interested in here, while Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing were kicking ass during this time, a lot of the secondary titles were not good. (specifically Austen and past his prime-Claremont) One exception is the New X-Men Academy X stuff, by both writing tandems DeFillipis/Weir and Kyle/Yost. Those were some great comics. I'm actually planning a couple of future custom bound books for those 2 runs, because I doubt it'll ever get the Omni treatment.

Spectacular Member

I did enjoy Joe Casey's run, and I have the complete collection TP. Don't really see a need to upgrade it to OHC, though, and adding anything to it to make an Omni wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

It was bad
    Bad according to some.
    It's been mentioned a few times and someone took time to map out what it would look like. So, yeah, some of us would like one.
    Let's be honest, it shines brighter compared to some of the dreck since then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Wow, I'm suprised with the amount of supporters the Shadowland Omni has. At the time of its realease, people got really vocal about their displeasure with the direction of the book, which in turn got us Waid's 'swashbuckler' run.
    Since we're discussing nominees, I'd like to ask your opinions on one of my nomitations: Kyle & Yost' X-Force. Would anyone buy it?