Page 595 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 954955455855915925935945955965975985996056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Wow, I'm suprised with the amount of supporters the Shadowland Omni has. At the time of its realease, people got really vocal about their displeasure with the direction of the book, which in turn got us Waid's 'swashbuckler' run.
    Since we're discussing nominees, I'd like to ask your opinions on one of my nomitations: Kyle & Yost' X-Force. Would anyone buy it?
    I think it was marred in too many crossovers to really be a standalone, coherent read if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    There was a gem among the turds of 90s X-Men comics? Who knew?
    I will always love Executioner's....excuse me...X-cutioner's Song. And while I have a nonsensical attachment to Onslaught, I do recognize that it is not a gem.

Spectacular Member

Wow, I'm suprised with the amount of supporters the Shadowland Omni has. At the time of its realease, people got really vocal about their displeasure with the direction of the book, which in turn got us Waid's 'swashbuckler' run.
    Since we're discussing nominees, I'd like to ask your opinions on one of my nomitations: Kyle & Yost' X-Force. Would anyone buy it?
    It's definitely worthy. Only reason I might not buy it is because I already own the OHCs.

Spectacular Member

I would, even though I have all the OHCs already. My X-Necrosha OHC arrived damaged pretty bad so I'm itching to change it. And it would fit prettily beside the Uncanny X-Force Omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Also: X-Men Omnibus Mapping, Part 3 is up - it covers from 2001 to 2008.
    Thanks a lot Krisis. First single issue comic I ever bought was in Austen's Hope arc so I have this illogical affinity towards his whole run. Let's make it happen people!!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    Ladies, Gentleman, Ruffians, and Scoundrels;

Its the time honored tradition of letting the Marvel community know what our most wanted Omnibus' are. There is only one major change this year.

Please send your votes to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com

By creating a separate email account it allows for more inclusion, for those who lurk, and for those who can reach out to others whom have comic based podcasts or websites, comic shops, or even other friends who want to partake. I am striving to maintain a minimum of 150+ voters but honestly would love to catalpult the number of participants to the next level. The more votes we get, the better our sample---heck if we get enough votes to merit it, I would be willing to do a Top 100.

Just rank your ten choices from number 1--(your most wanted) through number 10 and then send them to me in an email.

Your 1st place vote is worth 10 points, 2nd place gets 9 points.... and your 10th place vote is worth 1 point.

1. 10 points
    2. 9 points
    3. 8 points
    4. 7 points
    5. 6 points
    6. 5 points
    7. 4 points
    8. 3 points
    9. 2 points
    10. 1 point

Please bump the thread once you have voted, so the link stays on the front page.

Please be as specific as possible in your choices... If you want a Black Panther Omnibus make sure you make it clear that you mean either Kirby's, Priest's, or Hudlin's run, or maybe you meant Jungle Action. Be as detailed as you can in your votes unless you feel it is self explanatory. Dont say Peter David's Hulk, the man wrote it for nearly two decades. Please break it down by issue numbers and/or long running artist if applicable. Any book that was previously licensed by Marvel is eligible for voting as are defunct lines (Epic) and purchased properties (Crossgen, etc.)

Most importantly, this is a SECRET ballot, do not post your complete list on the thread as it does take the fun out of it a bit. If you would like to nominate something that did not make the TOP 50 last year so it jogs people's memories, I will allow for that.

Ten of the omnibus from last years poll have been released or solicited since the results.

Last Day to Vote will be Midnight Eastern time on May 7th. Happy Voting
    Bumpety Bump!

I sent in my Top 10 by email. I did some last minute tweaking as I realised I didn't want to orphan several Vol. 1's which I have on my shelves. I'm looking forward to the final results.

Is X-Force: Cable & The New Mutants an Oversized HC? Or a regular one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Is X-Force: Cable & The New Mutants an Oversized HC? Or a regular one?
    It's a Marvel Premiere Classic, which are all standard-size hardcover.

Great book, I got the bordered Direct Market variant for $9.99 from Mile High Comics back in 2011.

marvel-comics-cable-and-the-new-mutants-hard-cover-1d.jpg
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 04-29-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    It's a Marvel Premiere Classic, which are all standard-size hardcover.

Great book, I got the bordered Direct Market variant for $9.99 from Mile High Comics back in 2011.

marvel-comics-cable-and-the-new-mutants-hard-cover-1d.jpg
    Liefeld art. Gross. You couldn't pay me to take that book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Liefeld art. Gross. You couldn't pay me to take that book
    I love his New Mutants art, it fit at the time and breathed life into the book. I also like having everything in glossy new print, instead of 80's-90's thin muddy newspaper quality.

I'll take New Mutants' Liefeld over Greg Land, Steve Dillon, Humberto Ramos, Bryan Hitch and many "big" artists today. But it was a different time back then. Comics were wackier.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 04-29-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I love his New Mutants art, it fit at the time and breathed life into the book. I also like having everything in glossy new print, instead of 80's-90's thin muddy newspaper quality.

I'll take New Mutants' Liefeld over Greg Land, Steve Dillon, Humberto Ramos, Bryan Hitch and many "big" artists today. But it was a different time back then. Comics were wackier.
    I'd take a 3-year-old drawing stick figures over Humberto Ramos. Half the time I can't even tell what the hell is going on in his panels.

I don't like Liefeld's art but I agree, that it was a different time and it was something that worked at that time.

On a side note I always enjoyed Dillon's work. It wasn't as detailed or realistic as others but it was very clean and his characters always had very distinguished looks. I'll miss his work.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'd take a 3-year-old drawing stick figures over Humberto Ramos. Half the time I can't even tell what the hell is going on in his panels.
    LOL, I like Ramos' art. It's funny how everyone has their likes and dislikes and different tastes.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Add me to,the Ramos, is trash group. I wouldnt have liked Slotts Spidey or Lemires X-Men no matter what, but Ramos' art certainly didnt help them.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Ramos is great. A good fit for Spidey, and i thought he was killing it on Champions.

Spectacular Member

I think Ramos is so awful. Probably my least favorite regular artist in the Big 2. I'll take Greg Land over him any day, and I'm no Greg Land fan.