Page 597 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 974975475875935945955965975985996006016076476971097 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Need more specific nominations for your ballot? How about another 50 books?

First, check out the break-down of every X-Men title into Omnibus from 2008 to 2015. The post includes links to my prior coverage of X-Men from 1963 forward, if you haven't yet seen them in this thread.

Then, read my list of the 20 Marvel Now runs most deserving of an omnibus - with Hickman and Daredevil releases already in-progress, will any of these make an appearance this year?

Remember, you only have one week left to vote!
    I've already put in my Top 10 votes but I enjoyed reading your new list of possible Omnibuses from Marvel Now. I would most likely pick up Captain America by Remender, Mighty Avengers by Ewing and Spider-Man 2099 by David.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    2011 is the last stuff from the Realms omni. Bendis is a follow up for the Guardians obviously, but it deals with some of the fallout from the Realms. Then from Starlin you have Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity, Infinite Entity, and Infinity Finale. Thanos vs Hulk takes place between the first infinity stories, also a Thanos annual, but I believe it is collected in Entity.
    Didn't realize there was Entity as well, there's no OHC of that.

Also, as a related side question, what other material should be read as a lead into the first Annihilation omnibus? I know there's a Thanos mini that Giffen did, and those trades seem hard to find. Had they been reprinted in anything since?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Didn't realize there was Entity as well, there's no OHC of that.

Also, as a related side question, what other material should be read as a lead into the first Annihilation omnibus? I know there's a Thanos mini that Giffen did, and those trades seem hard to find. Had they been reprinted in anything since?
    Marvel just released two "Road to Omnibus" trades to help you with that, plus the Thanos reprint got a reprint in 2013 that's still around near cover

That said, Thanos's status aside, Annihilation works just fine starting cold.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks! How is the Starlin stuff?
    I enjoyed it was solid very focused on Thanos and Warlock. I would not put it at the level of previous work he did but was a good read.

Marvel just released two "Road to Omnibus" trades to help you with that, plus the Thanos reprint got a reprint in 2013 that's still around near cover

That said, Thanos's status aside, Annihilation works just fine starting cold.
    Thanks. Yeah, I've read Annihilation and Conquest, but just remembered there were a few other things that lead into/tied into the event that weren't in the omnibus. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I've read Annihilation and Conquest, but just remembered there were a few other things that lead into/tied into the event that weren't in the omnibus. Thanks again
    Really just the Thanos maxi-series, whose second arc brought Star-Lord back into the picture (and told the story of how Star-Lord was thrown in jail for blowing up a moon, killing thousands, to save a planet, saving millions). You could maybe argue some earlier Annihilus stories could fit into a Road to Annihilation omni (his first appearance, maybe one or two other key stories, kind of like the "Road to Secret Invasion" TPB that included Fantastic Four #2). Maybe also whichever story featured Ultron launching himself into space. I wouldn't do an origin of the Phalanx, because I don't think the Phalanx Covenant story has a place in such an omni.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Need more specific nominations for your ballot? How about another 50 books?

First, check out the break-down of every X-Men title into Omnibus from 2008 to 2015. The post includes links to my prior coverage of X-Men from 1963 forward, if you haven't yet seen them in this thread.

Then, read my list of the 20 Marvel Now runs most deserving of an omnibus - with Hickman and Daredevil releases already in-progress, will any of these make an appearance this year?

Remember, you only have one week left to vote!
    I'm back with another 20 vote suggestions from the rest of the Marvel Universe from 1998 - 2008 and 2008 - 2012 for those of you still holding on to your ballots until the last second (like me).

I'll have some suggested 90s, 80s, and 60s-70s votes over the next few days, but those periods are pretty well-covered already on last year's survey and by my orphans post.

So, if you haven't already voted, start filling out your ballot! And, if you have voted, poke one collector friend who's not a regular on this thread and twist their arm to vote by email. The more votes Tigereyes gets, the more statistically significant his results will be!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Sorry if this is considered off topic, but I know many here will be very excited to watch this. Official trailer for Netflix's long-awaited Defenders miniseries!

https://youtu.be/4h3m7B4v6Zc

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm back with another 20 vote suggestions from the rest of the Marvel Universe from 1998 - 2008 and 2008 - 2012 for those of you still holding on to your ballots until the last second (like me).

I'll have some suggested 90s, 80s, and 60s-70s votes over the next few days, but those periods are pretty well-covered already on last year's survey and by my orphans post.

So, if you haven't already voted, start filling out your ballot! And, if you have voted, poke one collector friend who's not a regular on this thread and twist their arm to vote by email. The more votes Tigereyes gets, the more statistically significant his results will be!
    Krisis, the proposed Daredevil by Andy Diggle/Daredevil Shadowland Omnibus should include "Dark Reign The List: Daredevil" one shot as this bridges Daredevil #500 and Daredevil #501 and could alternatively be numbered Daredevil #500.1. This one shot sets up part of Daredevil's motivation in going after and dealing with Bullseye in Shadowland and is a kind of prelude to Shadowland. Also Daredevil Reborn is only 4 issues and not 6 issues.

Btw, interesting proposition from the 1998-2008 section for a Daredevil Omnibus amassing the various Daredevil miniseries and the shorter runs by Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, David Mack and Bob Gale. I always thought the Daredevil Ninja 3-parter should have been in the Daredevil Bendis Omnis as opposed to the Ultimate Team-Up issues.

Any word on a vol 2 Powers omni? Or am I going to have re-buy 4, 5 and 6 definitive books again?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Any word on a vol 2 Powers omni? Or am I going to have re-buy 4, 5 and 6 definitive books again?
    1st one didn't sell well, but who knows? The seventh HC comes out later this year.

There's a few in these time periods that made my list. I'm curious as to why you didn't include a 1998 Thunderbolts by Kurt Busiek omni. Oversight or not widely considered very good? I've never read it, but put it on my list to go alongside his Avengers run.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Krisis, the proposed Daredevil by Andy Diggle/Daredevil Shadowland Omnibus should include "Dark Reign The List: Daredevil" one shot as this bridges Daredevil #500 and Daredevil #501 and could alternatively be numbered Daredevil #500.1. This one shot sets up part of Daredevil's motivation in going after and dealing with Bullseye in Shadowland and is a kind of prelude to Shadowland. Also Daredevil Reborn is only 4 issues and not 6 issues.

Btw, interesting proposition from the 1998-2008 section for a Daredevil Omnibus amassing the various Daredevil miniseries and the shorter runs by Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, David Mack and Bob Gale. I always thought the Daredevil Ninja 3-parter should have been in the Daredevil Bendis Omnis as opposed to the Ultimate Team-Up issues.
    Made that fix, thanks! I can never remember which of those Dark Reign issues are content and which are just random lists of things.

The Daredevil gap-filler was one of those inspired moments. Marvel is seemingly more open to this sort of thing with the WoK Prelude and the Punisher and Deadpool Beginnings omnibuses that they really don't feel as off-limits as they did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    There's a few in these time periods that made my list. I'm curious as to why you didn't include a 1998 Thunderbolts by Kurt Busiek omni. Oversight or not widely considered very good? I've never read it, but put it on my list to go alongside his Avengers run.
    One big reason - Thunderbolts launched in 1997! Also, they're already on the 2016 Survey results, and I'm trying to pick runs people haven't necessarily voted on yet. I was going to do the New Thunderbolts run as a suggestion, but I couldn't decide where it should break.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Right after New Avengers vol. 2 and Ultimate SM vol. 2.
    That's the whole reason I didn't buy the omnibus and sell off my OHCs.
    Although, they did collect two volumes of Daredevil, so you never know.

Marvel really pumped out those two Brubaker DD omni's quick
    We need better comics