Page 6 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I probably won't be reading a new Marvel omnibus for a while either. I might get the Elektra and DD companion books but I own all the material of the companion and am undecided on Elektra.

The next Moon Knight Epic will probably be my next Marvel purchase.
    IMO Elektra was awesome. It took an issue or so for me to get into the cadence of Miller's writing on it, but once I got in I could hardly put it down.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

After I finish Scott Pilgrim I will probably read the deadpool cable omni, I hope it isn't as bad as the last couple of marvel books I have read, I know I have some good stuff on my shelf to read UXF, secret warriors, new avenger, new xmen omni's to name but a few, but I have been a bit put off with marvel stuff after reading onslaught, infinity gauntlet and the Perez avengers Omni's, and after reading my fav book of the year (Scott Pilgrim) in afraid deadpool/cable is going to be another marvel drag

Edit. Have decided to cut a few pre-orders as i have come to my senses over marvel stuff, so Avengers vol 2 has gone, Millers DD and Electra, so all i have now on order are Hawkeye, DDC and SFOS all due to recommendations
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 10-15-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Do the Marvel Star Wars Omnibus books have the new Hildebrandt covers printed inside them, perhaps at the back somewhere? Lovely paintings but I imagine I'll end up with the mass market editions.

I probably won't be reading a new Marvel omnibus for a while either. I might get the Elektra and DD companion books but I own all the material of the companion and am undecided on Elektra.

The next Moon Knight Epic will probably be my next Marvel purchase.
    From the announced OHC I'm only interested in Guardians of the Galaxy Solo and UXM Omni vol.3. That's incredibly low when compared to the amount of omnis I bought last year, but good for the economics of the house. :P

I hope Moon Knight gets his deserved Omniboo (more than 1 that is), maybe if Netflix confirms the series...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finally finished reading the Secret Wars II Omnibus. That was definitely a weighty read. In spite of all the flack that I’d heard, I’m glad I purchased it when I did as I ending up having some pretty entertaining 1-3 issue reading times before bed. I actually found reading all the crossover issues (and there were a ton of them) such as Fantastic Four, Power Pack, Thor, Daredevil, PM&IF, Quasar, amongst others, quite entertaining and enlightening. The actual 9-issue event I ended up disliking, although, I quite enjoyed issue #7 which heavily featured the ever-lovin’ blue-eyed Thing. I just wasn’t able to appreciate the Al Milgrom art which I found “scrappy” and indistinct, in particular when characters were portrayed from a distant which there was a lot of. When I looked at Milgrom’s sketches/pencil drawings at the back of the Omnibus, the art seemed just fine. Maybe it was the heavy inks and colours? The plot also just seemed silly and contrived. The Omnibus itself is chronologically laid out with the Secret Wars II issues appropriately interspersed between the crossover issues. The only missing ones are ROM #72 and Micronauts #16, but this was due to the fact that Marvel no longer retained the rights when the Omnibus was printed.

I can say, however, that the Omnibus for the most part turned out to be an engaging and pleasurable read. Ok, now back to my chronological Daredevil reading. What’s next? Ah, Daredevil #224-225, then Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110 (SM and DD together against the Sin-Eater), followed by Miller’s and Mazzucchelli’s epic run i.e. DD #226 and #227-233 (Born Again).

My next Omnibus? Most probably Acts of Vengeance Omnibus along with the Acts of Vengeance Crossovers Omnibus when I reach DD #275 as issues #275-276 feature in the latter Omnibus
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 10-15-2015 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    After I finish Scott Pilgrim I will probably read the deadpool cable omni, I hope it isn't as bad as the last couple of marvel books I have read, I know I have some good stuff on my shelf to read UXF, secret warriors, new avenger, new xmen omni's to name but a few, but I have been a bit put off with marvel stuff after reading onslaught, infinity gauntlet and the Perez avengers Omni's, and after reading my fav book of the year (Scott Pilgrim) in afraid deadpool/cable is going to be another marvel drag

Edit. Have decided to cut a few pre-orders as i have come to my senses over marvel stuff, so Avengers vol 2 has gone, Millers DD and Electra, so all i have now on order are Hawkeye, DDC and SFOS all due to recommendations

I enjoyed the Cable Deadpool Omnibus, just know going in it starts as a more Cable heavy book. But I thought it was a good read.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by hellboydce View Post
    after i finish scott pilgrim i will probably read the deadpool cable omni, i hope it isn't as bad as the last couple of marvel books i have read, i know i have some good stuff on my shelf to read uxf, secret warriors, new avenger, new xmen omni's to name but a few, but i have been a bit put off with marvel stuff after reading onslaught, infinity gauntlet and the perez avengers omni's, and after reading my fav book of the year (scott pilgrim) in afraid deadpool/cable is going to be another marvel drag

edit. Have decided to cut a few pre-orders as i have come to my senses over marvel stuff, so avengers vol 2 has gone, millers dd and electra, so all i have now on order are hawkeye, ddc and sfos all due to recommendations
    uxf......

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I enjoyed the Cable Deadpool Omnibus, just know going in it starts as a more Cable heavy book. But I thought it was a good read.
    Yeah it starts very Cable-centred but becomes a lot more about Deadpool later on. It kinda went from Cable&Deadpool to Deadpool&Cable
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah it starts very Cable-centred but becomes a lot more about Deadpool later on. It kinda went from Cable&Deadpool to Deadpool&Cable
    And then when became all Deadpool it got cancelled lol.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll get the Hawkeye Omni next week.
    Then the Busiek Avengers vol.2 Omni in Dec.
    That will finish me up till Feb/March. I just got married this past June and I'm going to scale back my big book purchasing to set money aside towards other goals.

In a few ways that'll be good. I've got a backlog as it is so I can finally make a better headway on that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

while I'm not a fan of Miller's DD and haven't read Electra I would think that cancellation through. Or at least keep the DD companion? That has Born again and Man without fear and those are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    while I'm not a fan of Miller's DD and haven't read Electra I would think that cancellation through. Or at least keep the DD companion? That has Born again and Man without fear and those are awesome!
    Yeah, keeping the companion purely for the JRJR art

I was in danger of falling into the trap of buying every Marvel omni that comes out, even though I haven't really liked that many of the ones I have read (Aaron and Ennis punisher have been the only ones I have really enjoyed, although I have a massive backlog) but I'm pulling well back from buying new Marvel, as its not my main comic love (by a long shot)
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 10-15-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Yeah, keeping the companion purely for the JRJR art

I was in danger of falling into the trap of buying every Marvel omni that comes out, even though I haven't really liked that many of the ones I have read (Aaron and Ennis punisher have been the only ones I have really enjoyed, although I have a massive backlog) but I'm pulling well back from buying new Marvel, as its not my main comic love (by a long shot)
    I think it's a good decision, although IIRC you were burnt out by older stuff, so I wouldn't be that afraid of newer material, like Secret warriors, UXF or New X-men (but to be honest I really can't predict your taste. I would have swore you would dislike Scott Pilgrim but I would have been wrong).

I know it's a hugely popular series but what are the odds of the Hawkeye omnibus getting a serious price cut once it's out? I love Aja's art and did like the story generally. If I could get the omnibus for silly money I would, if not I expect I'll get the first OHC a ways down the road.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I know it's a hugely popular series but what are the odds of the Hawkeye omnibus getting a serious price cut once it's out? I love Aja's art and did like the story generally. If I could get the omnibus for silly money I would, if not I expect I'll get the first OHC a ways down the road.
    It could have a low print run and end up being the next UXF Omni. These things can't be predicted.
    For $50(at IST week of release) I'd rather have it than stress over saving an extra $10 or so.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime