Page 600 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905965975985996006016026036046106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 20773
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Tigereyes, any chance of you personally posting the results here as well as on the MMW Forum?
    Maybe without the images attached.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'm back with another 20 vote suggestions from the rest of the Marvel Universe from 1998 - 2008 and 2008 - 2012 for those of you still holding on to your ballots until the last second (like me).

I'll have some suggested 90s, 80s, and 60s-70s votes over the next few days, but those periods are pretty well-covered already on last year's survey and by my orphans post.

So, if you haven't already voted, start filling out your ballot! And, if you have voted, poke one collector friend who's not a regular on this thread and twist their arm to vote by email. The more votes Tigereyes gets, the more statistically significant his results will be!
    For all of you last-minute voters (like me!), you only have SIX MORE HOURS to fill out and send in your ballot.

Still stuck for choices? I covered some slightly-obscure Marvel selections from 1990-1997, some of Marvel's best and most-interesting under-collected 80s runs, and then gave a complete rundown of every possible omnibus left to see from the Marvel Masterworks period (1961 - 1980).

I haven't done a final tally, but all told I think I've suggested close to 200 potential votes through my three-week series of mapping posts.

Now it's your turn to play fantasy omnibus - VOTE VOTE VOTE!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

My nephew liked reading my Mark Waid DD omnibus.

What else is out there thats similar in terms of art, color and story style that he might enjoy?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post

What else is out there thats similar in terms of art, color and story style that he might enjoy?
    How old is your nephew?

I would say most books with art by Mike Allred will scratch a similar visual itch despite Allred's style not being as specifically classic as Marcos Martin, Chris Samnee, et al. Silver Surfer has him on art plus very clever writing totally appropriate for advanced grade school readers and up - probably moreso than Daredevil.

Waid and Samnee continued as a team to Black Widow, which I've seen many folks raving about, but I have yet to read it.

The recent Charles Soule run of She-Hulk feels very close to Daredevil, with Javier Pulido contributing slightly less-polished art that's still distinctly influenced by the Silver Age. There's a few issues with weirdly contrasting art in the middle, but it's a satisfying run.

And, finally, Hawkeye by Fraction and Superior Foes by Spencer are perhaps a little more situated on the use of irony and language than Waid's Daredevil, but I would call each a near sibling - and both are available in slim omnibus volumes!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    How old is your nephew?

I would say most books with art by Mike Allred will scratch a similar visual itch despite Allred's style not being as specifically classic as Marcos Martin, Chris Samnee, et al. Silver Surfer has him on art plus very clever writing totally appropriate for advanced grade school readers and up - probably moreso than Daredevil.

Waid and Samnee continued as a team to Black Widow, which I've seen many folks raving about, but I have yet to read it.

The recent Charles Soule run of She-Hulk feels very close to Daredevil, with Javier Pulido contributing slightly less-polished art that's still distinctly influenced by the Silver Age. There's a few issues with weirdly contrasting art in the middle, but it's a satisfying run.

And, finally, Hawkeye by Fraction and Superior Foes by Spencer are perhaps a little more situated on the use of irony and language than Waid's Daredevil, but I would call each a near sibling - and both are available in slim omnibus volumes!
    He's 15.

Yeah, I tried to put him onto the Hawkeye omnibus but he was non-interested. I'll order the superior foes omnibus tonight. I've been planning on getting my Batman 66 trades custom bound so maybe he'll be into those when I do so.

I planned on searching for some non superhero related collected editions for myself tonight if you have any suggestions. I cant really explain what type of story/genre I'm looking to read though smh

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    Maybe without the images attached.
    Thanks Tigereyes. That would be cool

Tigereyes started posting the results on the MMW Forum 4 hrs ago. I couldn't wait so here is his post and the first results:

We have enough for a Top 60, so that is what is planned. I will reveal more later today.

#60 What If? (1st Series) 1-25

#59 House of M

#58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1)

#57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost

#56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age

Here's the link:
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...0#.WRCTuUF7bqC

NEXT BATCH:

#55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues)

#54 Conan the Barbarian

#53 Thor God of Thunder

#52 Incredible Hercules

#51 Spider-Man Brand New Day

If he is 15 I think he would like Nextwave even if it's nothing like DD.
    Slott and Soule's She-Hulk probably. Ms Marvel? Other Waid series like his F4? Chew? Morrison's New X-men or Whedon's Astonishing? Runaways? Slott's Spidey?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Tigereyes started posting the results on the MMW Forum 4 hrs ago. I couldn't wait so here is his post and the first results:

We have enough for a Top 60, so that is what is planned. I will reveal more later today.

#60 What If? (1st Series) 1-25

#59 House of M

#58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1)

#57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost

#56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age

Here's the link:
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...0#.WRCTuUF7bqC

Sorry had to go to the dentist, lol. I came over to post and you beat me to it. Thanks!

Fantastic Member

#50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie

#49 Captain America Volume 3

#48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern

#47 Marvel Horror Anthology

#46 Killraven

Since he is 15, Vision. Everyone should read Vision.

Sorry had to go to the dentist, lol. I came over to post and you beat me to it. Thanks!
    Damn your teeth! Get to work, chop chop! In all honesty, huge thanks for doing the poll. It's always fun to see the results and what everybody's wants are.

No worries mate! Thanks for doing this

#46 Killraven
    Captain America (Silver Age) Vol. 3 - the first of one of my 10 votes to appear. Pretty low position, I thought it would do a lot better. Anyway, I'm glad it made the Top 50.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

#46 Killraven
    How the heck did Stern's Dr. Strange score below Killraven?
    Cyclops was right