Page 601 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915975985996006016026036046056116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    How the heck did Stern's Dr. Strange score below Killraven?
    I think the MMW line finally pushing towards it might have taken the bite out of people's yearning for it, since it was a color reprint gap.

Super-brief commentary, as I'm working on my first analysis post now.

• #60 What If? - This would actual collect the entire series at current omni lengths. Can't see it being a seller.
    • #59 House of M - I LOL'd at this. What a garbage vote. What would you even put in it that's such an essential HOM read past the mini?
    • #58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - FINALLY
    • #57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - I'd be in favor of this as long as it includes Messiah Complex rather than just duplicating the two OHCs.
    • #56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - As I summed in my post on Friday, I'd really like it if this contained the dozen appearances Sub-Mariner makes before he gets his own series.
    • #55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - This would've been on my list if we went to 20 votes, but it collects already-available issues, so meh.
    • #54 Conan the Barbarian - Only if it's the original colors!
    • #53 Thor God of Thunder - Duh
    • #52 Incredible Hercules - This was one of my 12 recommended reads from the 00s, so I'm psyched to see it!
    • #51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - I wouldn't buy it, but I'm CERTAIN Marvel could sell it. Crazy that there's no recent Spidey in omnibus.
    • #50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - I'd probably buy this, since it would push farther than we've ever seen collected
    • #49 Captain America Volume 3 - This would perfectly marry up to the Kirby omnibus on the other side to create a pretty big hunk of collected Cap
    • #48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - I'd rather just keep up the quick pace on the MMWs
    • #47 Marvel Horror Anthology - There are usually two similar votes for this, one that's the supernatural anti-heroes, and one that's the horror mag one-off stories. I think this is the latter?
    • #46 Killraven - Not interested
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

My thoughts on the list so far. Already looks like 'already has OHC, no point' is going to become my catchphrase

#60 What If? - This was one of my picks, so I'm all over this

#59 House of M - Already has OHC, no point

#58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - Yes, but it also needs a V2.

#57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - Already has OHC, no point

#56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - Meh, I'd rather have Byrne

#55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - Not for me. Isn't most of it already in various X-OHC anyway?

#54 Conan the Barbarian - Not for me

#53 Thor God of Thunder - Already has OHC, no point

#52 Incredible Hercules - I'm still pissed they never finished the run in OHC, so, while the beginning being in OHC would usually mean I'd give it a standard 'already has OHC, no point' as the series was orphaned in OHC, there is a point, to complete the whole run. Chuck Herc in too.

#51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - Meh, I'd likely buy it, but I have to admit I'd have preferred they did OHC as they went to match up with the recent OHCs.

#50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - I'd prefer classic, but the first few arcs of this run are strong enough I'd buy

#49 Captain America Volume 3 - Yes please.

#48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - Yes please

#47 Marvel Horror Anthology - If this is the horror version of Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu, as a horror fan, yes please. The reviews and articles would be of interest to me alongside the comic stuff.

#46 Killraven - Not interested at all. Never really 'got' this character
    Last edited by legion_quest; 05-08-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Since he is 15, Vision. Everyone should read Vision.
    Will definitely look into it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If he is 15 I think he would like Nextwave even if it's nothing like DD.
    Slott and Soule's She-Hulk probably. Ms Marvel? Other Waid series like his F4? Chew? Morrison's New X-men or Whedon's Astonishing? Runaways? Slott's Spidey?
    Thanks for the suggestions Balakin. I have a couple of those so I'll see what he thinks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I think the MMW line finally pushing towards it might have taken the bite out of people's yearning for it, since it was a color reprint gap.

Super-brief commentary, as I'm working on my first analysis post now.

• #60 What If? - This would actual collect the entire series at current omni lengths. Can't see it being a seller.
    • #59 House of M - I LOL'd at this. What a garbage vote. What would you even put in it that's such an essential HOM read past the mini?
    • #58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - FINALLY
    • #57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - I'd be in favor of this as long as it includes Messiah Complex rather than just duplicating the two OHCs.
    • #56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - As I summed in my post on Friday, I'd really like it if this contained the dozen appearances Sub-Mariner makes before he gets his own series.
    • #55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - This would've been on my list if we went to 20 votes, but it collects already-available issues, so meh.
    • #54 Conan the Barbarian - Only if it's the original colors!
    • #53 Thor God of Thunder - Duh
    • #52 Incredible Hercules - This was one of my 12 recommended reads from the 00s, so I'm psyched to see it!
    • #51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - I wouldn't buy it, but I'm CERTAIN Marvel could sell it. Crazy that there's no recent Spidey in omnibus.
    • #50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - I'd probably buy this, since it would push farther than we've ever seen collected
    • #49 Captain America Volume 3 - This would perfectly marry up to the Kirby omnibus on the other side to create a pretty big hunk of collected Cap
    • #48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - I'd rather just keep up the quick pace on the MMWs
    • #47 Marvel Horror Anthology - There are usually two similar votes for this, one that's the supernatural anti-heroes, and one that's the horror mag one-off stories. I think this is the latter?
    • #46 Killraven - Not interested
    60. What If?, the issues were doublesized, so it would take 2 omnis to collect the first series.
    59. I agree, if you included every tie in, it would take more than 1 omni. But without the tie ins, you don't need an omni.
    58. Perfect for Omni release. The only downside is Marvel may not want to release on Captain Marvel collection that isn't Carol Danvers to avoid brand confusion.
    57. I have no thoughts on this selection. (IHNTOTS)
    56. Not sure if I would get this, but I would like to see Namor's solo appearances collected outside of the MMW.
    55. I have the HC collections for the Fab Nic run. I would like to see Annual 3 finally collected with the rest of the series.
    54. Why hasn't Dark Horse done an omnibi of this yet?
    53. IHNTOTS
    52. This is a favorite run of mine. I would be very tempted to double dip and give away my old collections of this.
    51. Is the most recent Spider-Man omni the Clone saga? I have this in collections. Might double dip if it hits clearance prices.
    50. I was never interested in this title, but I can see the demand. It falls into the 80s-90s whole of uncollected material.
    49. IHNTOTS
    48. I have the individual collections that are missing about 6 issues of the Stern run. I would double dip to get it all in 1 book.
    47. I'm assuming this is for the 70s Marvel Horror stuff. I'm more interested in the 90s non Midnight Suns/Ghost Rider books.
    46. IHTOTS.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So it became a top 60!
    Interesting first 15 released thus far.

#60 What If? - Passively interested. Would wait for a clearance sale. Not a vote of mine
    #59 House of M - I guess this would be a consolidation Omni for a 'space savvy' individuals. I've not read it in so long I'd be tempted honestly. Not a vote of mine
    #58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - Yes a solid get. I just didn't spend a vote on it.
    #57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - wait for clearance. Not a vote of mine
    #56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - Yes. Not a vote of mine
    #55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - Yes, because I don't have the other trades etc after the Deadpool/X-Force Omni vol.2, not a vote of mine though
    #54 Conan the Barbarian - Would wait for clearance. Not a vote.
    #53 Thor God of Thunder - Yes. Not a vote of mine
    #52 Incredible Hercules - would wait for clearance. Krisis made a strong point for it though. Not a vote of mine
    #51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - Would be the first Spidey Omni I DID NOT jump at. Clearance maybe. Not a vote of mine
    #50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - This is the '90s Dan Ketch Series----HELL YES!!! I didn't vote for it cause I figured if GR were getting an Omni last Fall was the time.
    #49 Captain America Volume 3 - YES!! My first voted on OMNI in the ballot. Bummed it entered the list so low.
    #48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - YES, but not a vote of mine
    #47 Marvel Horror Anthology - Hmmm, need to see the content.
    #46 Killraven - Not interested, not even at clearance. It's like the Marvel NOW or 90s First OMNI, not sure I'd take it for free.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    60. What If?, the issues were doublesized, so it would take 2 omnis to collect the first series..
    Wow, I never knew this! I figured they were just a few extra story pages. I love learning this stuff as I research for the posts about this poll.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Full rundown:

#60 What If? - Might be worth a pick up. I'm not sure I'd be in for two volumes, though. Yes

#59 House of M - This was the first event I read, so I'd probably be on board. Yes

#58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - I've always wanted to read this. Yes

#57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - I'll probably just pick up the OHCs, even if this does get made. No.

#56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - Never been a big Namor fan. No.

#55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - Never got volume one, won't get volume two. My only interest in this team is Cannonball and Warpath, and I doubt they're much of a focus here. No.

#54 Conan the Barbarian - Never been interested in Conan. No.

#53 Thor God of Thunder - Already have the OHCs. No.

#52 Incredible Hercules - Always wanted to read this. Yes.

#51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - I hate 90% of Slott's Amazing. Absolute no.

#50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - I've heard some good things about this, and I've always wanted to get into GR. Yes.

#49 Captain America Volume 3 - Never got the first two volumes. Maybe if this stuff gets Epiced. No.

#48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - Another one I've always wanted to read. Triumph and Torment is amazing, and deserves Oversized treatment. Yes.

#47 Marvel Horror Anthology - Absolutely no interest. No.

#46 Killraven - I honestly can't believe people voted for this. Absolutely not.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Wow, I never knew this! I figured they were just a few extra story pages. I love learning this stuff as I research for the posts about this poll.
    Glad to help.

The original What If? series was collected in 7 TPB a few years back. They had to omit the 2 Conan stories and Shang Chi story because of the rights issue. The Shang Chi issue finally got collected in Vol 3 of Master of Kung Fu omni.

I would still like to see the Iron Man What If? special (double sized) and the second series issues (all regular sized) collected rather than the original series.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    46. IHTOTS.
    I have no idea what this acronym means and my google-fu turned up nothing. I'm guessing it's derogatory in nature? If so Killraven is the leading "head scratcher" vote at the moment.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have no idea what this acronym means and my google-fu turned up nothing. I'm guessing it's derogatory in nature? If so Killraven is the leading "head scratcher" vote at the moment.
    It means "I have no thoughts on this selection"

I wrote it out the first time and used the abbreviation after. Sorry for the confusion.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Almost everyone on the MMW Forum wants a Killraven Omnibus whereas just about no one wants it on the CBR Marvel Collected Editions Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Check his number 57 for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Almost everyone on the MMW Forum wants a Killraven Omnibus whereas just about no one wants it on the CBR Marvel Collected Editions Forum
    I think it's an age thing. I think we tend to be a bit younger, where they tend to be a bit older.

Shang Chi was the same - they loved it, but ambivalence reigned here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Full rundown:

#60 What If? - Might be worth a pick up. I'm not sure I'd be in for two volumes, though. Yes

#59 House of M - This was the first event I read, so I'd probably be on board. Yes

#58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - I've always wanted to read this. Yes

#57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - I'll probably just pick up the OHCs, even if this does get made. No.

#56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - Never been a big Namor fan. No.

#55 X-Force Volume 3 (32-43, Cable Issues) - Never got volume one, won't get volume two. My only interest in this team is Cannonball and Warpath, and I doubt they're much of a focus here. No.

#54 Conan the Barbarian - Never been interested in Conan. No.

#53 Thor God of Thunder - Already have the OHCs. No.

#52 Incredible Hercules - Always wanted to read this. Yes.

#51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - I hate 90% of Slott's Amazing. Absolute no.

#50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - I've heard some good things about this, and I've always wanted to get into GR. Yes.

#49 Captain America Volume 3 - Never got the first two volumes. Maybe if this stuff gets Epiced. No.

#48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - Another one I've always wanted to read. Triumph and Torment is amazing, and deserves Oversized treatment. Yes.

#47 Marvel Horror Anthology - Absolutely no interest. No.

#46 Killraven - I honestly can't believe people voted for this. Absolutely not.
    Slott was only one of four writers on ASM during the Brand New Day "era". Unless you just hate him that much lol.

This is probably the only definite for me. Already have the Thor ohcs and would consider K&Y X force and HoM depending on any extra issues included.

New Amazon fish

X-Men: Legion - Shadow King Rising
    Mighty Thor Vol. 4
    Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Cable: The Nemesis Contract
    Mystery Men: The Golden Age
    Deadpool & Co. Omnibus
    Black Panther by Reginald Hudlin: The Complete Collection Vol. 2
    Avengers: Tales to Astonish
    Black Panther: Panther's Quest
    Black Panther: The Man Without Fear - The Complete Collection
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 05-08-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    We need better comics