Page 603 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935996006016026036046056066076136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Interesting, none of my picks have made appearances as of yet. Got a couple maybes out of the 20 that have been revealed, but none for sure that I would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    #45 Captain America by Gruenwald
    #44 Runaways
    #43 Superior Spider-Man
    #42 Punisher by Greg Rucka
    #41 Black Panther by Priest
    I'd by all of these except maybe Superior SM, since I have it in OHC. The Gruenwald would need more that one volume if memory serves.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

#45 Captain America by Gruenwald. I've heard universally good things about this run. Might give it a buy if it comes out. Yes.

#44 Runaways. I already bought the OHCs for this, so no. Great material though.

#43 Superior Spider-Man. Despite my general dislike of Slott's Spider-Man, Dying Wish was one of the very few stories I actually liked. I'd probably give this a look. Yes.

#42 Punisher by Greg Rucka. Always wanted to read this, and Chechetto's art is fantastic. Yes.

#41 Black Panther by Priest. This was one of my votes, either 2nd or 3rd. Definite Yes.

I'm surprised Black Panther is so low. Maybe people thought it was a sure bet next February for the movie?
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Sorry if these have been posted before, I've noticed a few more titles for January 2018 appear on Amazon.

- Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan Complete Collection Vol 1 (they sure started these quite quickly after the omnibus)
    - Deadpool and Co Omnibus (judging by the credits, probably collecting the Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth and Deadpool Corps series)
    - Black Panther: Man Without Fear Complete Collection

#40 West Coast Avengers
    #39 Amazing Spider-Man by JMS
    #38 (TIE) Avengers by Hickman Volume 2
    #38 (TIE) Wolverine by Larry Hama (#31-57)
    #37 X-Factor (1986) by Peter David
    #36 Generation X
    #35 Micronauts Vol 1
    #34 Alpha Flight Vol 2
    #33 (TIE) Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol 2
    #33 (TIE) Iron Man by Micheline Vol 2
    #32 Silver Surfer by Steve Englehart
    #31 (TIE) Shadowland Complete
    #31 (TIE) X-Factor (1986)
    #30 She Hulk by Dan Slott
    #29 Spectacular Spider-Man by Dematteis
    #28 Wolverine Vol 2 (11-30, extras)
    #27 Namor by Byrne
    #26 Ghost Rider- Blaze (1970s)

definitive buys for me from the last most wanted:
    Punisher by Greg Rucka
    Avengers by Hickman Volume 2
    X-Factor (1986) by Peter David -> finally one of my votes and only one so far, although I'd rather have and have voted for this : X-Factor (by Peter David, J. M. DeMatteis and Todd DeZago ) (X-Factor #70-111+annuals 8 and 9; except for #87 to 92->included in fatal attractions and 106 included in Phalanx Covenant)
    Generation X
    Alpha Flight Vol 2
    Ghost Rider- Blaze (1970s)

maybes:
    Silver Surfer by Steve Englehart
    Shadowland Complete

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think it's an age thing. I think we tend to be a bit younger, where they tend to be a bit older.

Shang Chi was the same - they loved it, but ambivalence reigned here.
    That's definitely part of the reason. Although, I tend to lean towards the "older" crowd but I have absolutely no interest in Killraven. On the other hand, I grew up on Bruce Lee, Shaolin temple and other kung fu movies as well as Shang Chi comics (along with my regular dose of Daredevil, Spider-Man, Hulk and Marvel UK), and I was pretty hyped with the announcement of the Kung Fu Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    New Amazon fish

X-Men: Legion - Shadow King Rising
    Mighty Thor Vol. 4
    Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Cable: The Nemesis Contract
    Mystery Men: The Golden Age
    Deadpool & Co. Omnibus
    Black Panther by Reginald Hudlin: The Complete Collection Vol. 2
    Avengers: Tales to Astonish
    Black Panther: Panther's Quest
    Black Panther: The Man Without Fear - The Complete Collection
    I think I might just pick up "Black Panther: The Man Without Fear - The Complete Collection" and see how T'Challa fared against Kingpin and Lady Bullseye in the aftermath of Shadowland.

#45 Captain America by Gruenwald
    #44 Runaways
    #43 Superior Spider-Man
    #42 Punisher by Greg Rucka
    #41 Black Panther by Priest
    Captain America by Mark Gruenwald (and any subsequent Omnibuses) is a definite buy for me.

I don't really want the Superior Spider-Man Omnibus as I have all the OHCs and they really are sufficient, and this is coming from an Omnibus fan first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post

#40 West Coast Avengers
    #38 (TIE) Avengers by Hickman Volume 2
    #38 (TIE) Wolverine by Larry Hama (#31-57)
    #37 X-Factor (1986) by Peter David
    #36 Generation X
    #35 Micronauts Vol 1
    #34 Alpha Flight Vol 2
    #33 (TIE) Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol 2
    #33 (TIE) Iron Man by Micheline Vol 2
    #31 (TIE) Shadowland Complete
    #31 (TIE) X-Factor (1986)
    #27 Namor by Byrne
    In addition to Captain America (SA) Vol. 3, three more of my votes have now made an appearance:

#33 Iron Man by David Michelinie Vol 2
    #31 Shadowland

I'd also pick up:

#51 Spider-Man Brand New Day
    #40 West Coast Avengers
    #38 Avengers by Hickman Volume 2
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-09-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Also I'd rather have the Krisis sugested omnis:
    X-Men: Crossroads Omnibus (UXM #199-209 + Ann 9-10, NM 35-45 + Ann 2 & Special Edition, X-Factor #1-8 + Ann 1, Marvel Fanfare #33, Alpha Flight #33-34, X-Men: Heroes for Hope, Firestar #1-4, Fantastic Four #286, Avengers #263)

X-Men: Before the Fall Omnibus (Collects Uncanny X-Men #215-219 & Annual 11, X-Factor #12-17 & Annual 2, and New Mutants #47-54 & Ann 3, Mephisto vs. X-Factor, Mephisto vs X-Men, Spiderman and Wolverine #1, Marvel Fanfare #38 (Rogue/Dazzler backup), X-Men vs Fantastic Four #1-4, X-Men vs Avengers #1-4, Fallen Angels #1-8, and Marvel Super-Heroes #1 (Magik story))

instead of double dipping in:
    X-Factor (1986)

Spectacular Member

Also I'd rather have the Krisis sugested omnis:
    X-Men: Crossroads Omnibus (UXM #199-209 + Ann 9-10, NM 35-45 + Ann 2 & Special Edition, X-Factor #1-8 + Ann 1, Marvel Fanfare #33, Alpha Flight #33-34, X-Men: Heroes for Hope, Firestar #1-4, Fantastic Four #286, Avengers #263)

X-Men: Before the Fall Omnibus (Collects Uncanny X-Men #215-219 & Annual 11, X-Factor #12-17 & Annual 2, and New Mutants #47-54 & Ann 3, Mephisto vs. X-Factor, Mephisto vs X-Men, Spiderman and Wolverine #1, Marvel Fanfare #38 (Rogue/Dazzler backup), X-Men vs Fantastic Four #1-4, X-Men vs Avengers #1-4, Fallen Angels #1-8, and Marvel Super-Heroes #1 (Magik story))

instead of double dipping in:
    X-Factor (1986)
    Couldn't agree more!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Can I play?

#60 What If? - I'd buy it. Not so sure it would sell well. Omnibus is an expensive format for stories that, to most people, don't "count."
    #59 House of M - Dumb. Just dumb. The four OHCs wouldn't all fit in one omnibus so they will always be the better way to collect the story.
    #58 Captain Marvel by Peter David (Volume 1) - Unrealistic. Ask for some complete collections instead. The first Captain Marvel omnibus isn't going to be this.
    #57 X-Force by Kyle and Yost - Pointless. Already fully in OHCs that are still cheap.
    #56 Sub-Mariner- Silver Age - Subby doesn't sell. Never going to happen. I'd buy it.
    #55 X-Force Volume 3 - Too soon. Wasted vote. Worthwhile vote in a few years.
    #54 Conan the Barbarian - Impossible. Dark Horse isn't giving up the rights anytime soon and they're certainly not going to agree to license it back when they're the ones making the money on the Marvel reprints right now. Wasted vote. Unless you're voting for Marvel to buy Dark Horse . . .
    #53 Thor God of Thunder - Inevitable. But wait for Aaron's run to be over so we can better understand how to break it up. The first volume might look like this anyway, but it still feels too soon. Although these days, who knows.
    #52 Incredible Hercules - Unless Marvel suddenly has plans for Hercules (unlikely, but possible), I don't see it happening. Never sold well in collected format despite acclaim. But the appeal of having it all in an easily read, easy to collect format would make it more enticing to prospective readers. A good choice.
    #51 Spider-Man Brand New Day - Really? Maybe this means there's A LOT more, better Spider-man on the list to come?
    #50 Ghost Rider by Howard Mackie - Would buy; do support. Ghost Rider just really needs to get a lot of material reprinted and out there really quickly. This would help a lot.
    #49 Captain America Volume 3 - This won't be the year, but definitely do want. Links up with the Kirby omnibus for an insane amount of sequential Cap in omnibus. Plus Evans will do another movie, right?
    #48 Doctor Strange by Roger Stern - Not sure, but I think this is more likely to appear as "Doctor Strange vol 3" than "Doctor Strange by Roger Stern." Or vol 4, whichever. I don't see Marvel skipping ahead.
    #47 Marvel Horror Anthology - Unfamiliar with the material. No opinion.
    #46 Killraven - On this list solely because a handful of old guys (like five) on the MMWB have hard dicks for it and probably dropped it in their number one slot, which was enough to get it this far. Just give them a stupid tpb already so they shut up, Marvel. But Marvel doesn't because not even a tpb would sell . . .
    #45 Captain America by Gruenwald - Hell yeah! But it would be a lot of volumes, so only start it if you're going to commit, Marvel!
    #44 Runaways - Happening. 100% guaranteed. One of my picks. The OHCs aren't as complete as the complete collections, so an omnibus is a quality proposition all around. Hope the TV series is good.
    #43 Superior Spider-Man - Well . . . o . . . kay? You only got ten votes, and you used one for this? Something that's fully and properly collected in still-available OHCs? I . . . don't understand. Would love to hear from anyone who picked this why they did . . .
    #42 Punisher by Greg Rucka - Worthy. Decent odds. Definite buy. Maybe have to wait out a complete collection first since the tpbs are severely OOP.
    #41 Black Panther by Priest - Definite buy. Good odds. Marvel might go Silver Age vol 1 (Jungle Action/Kirby) + Coates for the movie rather than this, but maybe not.
    #40 West Coast Avengers - Assuming it's the stuff immediately following Byrne + however much will fit? HELL YEAH. Do want. Odds . . . hmmm. Tough one.
    #39 Amazing Spider-Man by JMS - Why doesn't this exist already? I'm certain it will someday, but how soon? 39 is a lower finish than I'd have thought, too.
    #38 (TIE) Avengers by Hickman Volume 2 - Wasted vote. OBVIOUSLY it's happening.
    #38 (TIE) Wolverine by Larry Hama (#31-57) - I wouldn't vote for what is vol 3 before vol 2, it just doesn't seem at all likely Marvel would jump ahead like that. But, who knows if vol 2 is even a thing Marvel's thinking about considering vol 1 was so long ago and really should also have been reprinted.
    #37 X-Factor (1986) by Peter David - Not a great choice for an omnibus by itself. Awkwardly positioned around events and other runs. Would instabuy anyway.
    #36 Generation X - Wow, I love the X-lobby for this to land so high. Haha. Very much wanted.
    #35 Micronauts Vol 1 - Unsure of the current licensing, so maybe not a wasted vote. Although Marvel doesn't have it, maybe it's something they could get like they did for Master of Kung Fu.
    #34 Alpha Flight Vol 2 - Huh. I mean, yeah, I'd like to have the whole thing on my shelves, too. But again, you only got 10 votes . . .
    #33 (TIE) Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol 2 - Yes please. We're all very annoyed it was orphaned at vol 1. This is evidence of that. But I wonder if a new edition collecting the entire thing start to finish is more likely than a vol 2.
    #33 (TIE) Iron Man by Micheline Vol 2 - YES PLEASE. We're about due for another Iron Man omni, right Marvel?
    #32 Silver Surfer by Steve Englehart - Okay. I'll take your word for it.
    #31 (TIE) Shadowland Complete - Another one of my votes, just because I want to read it conveniently. And I want no gaps in my oversized Daredevil, so let's do the Diggle stuff. Marvel would be stupid not to publish this one this year.
    #31 (TIE) X-Factor (1986) - Hell yeah. X-lobby FTW! Doubt we get it before a whole bunch of other books, though.
    #30 She Hulk by Dan Slott - Yes please! Odds are hard to place, depending on what Jen may be up to this year. Deserves it.
    #29 Spectacular Spider-Man by Dematteis - Most welcome.
    #28 Wolverine Vol 2 (11-30, extras) - Fucking yes, c'mon Marvel!
    #27 Namor by Byrne - How about putting out that last paperback, first? Can you name it Iron Fist and Namor and try to sell it? Yeah, not happening. I don't understand why people vote for pipe dreams rather than books they might reasonable influence toward publication.
    #26 Ghost Rider- Blaze (1970s) - If I'd had 11 votes, this would have been #11. It's long overdue for being reprinted and at this point, an omnibus makes as much sense as any other format.

I think we probably should have capped it at 50. 60 dilutes the results somewhat. If there's too much lower end on a list, it ends up being taken less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    #41 Black Panther by Priest. This was one of my votes, either 2nd or 3rd. Definite Yes.

I'm surprised Black Panther is so low. Maybe people thought it was a sure bet next February for the movie?
    It did just come out in TPB and that may have been enough for some of us. Its mostly a good run but not so much I would double dip. For me the run takes a nosedive in the fourth trade.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Can I play?

I think we probably should have capped it at 50. 60 dilutes the results somewhat. If there's too much lower end on a list, it ends up being taken less seriously.

388 runs were voted on. A Top 60 was not even the top 20%. Could of went top 75, but understand your feeling

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

Same thing happened with Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus !
    Then people complain when they read about the 3 War of Kings Omnibus for double dipping....

new stuff:

#27 Namor by Byrne
    #25 X-Men Legacy by Carey Vol 1
    #24 Amazing Spider-Man by Micheline and Bagley
    #23 Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Volume 2
    #22 She Hulk by Byrne
    #21 Moon Knight by Moench
    #20 Dr. Strange Silver Age Volume 2
    #19 Avengers by Roger Stern Volume 1
    #18 Infinity War
    #17 New Warriors Volume 2
    #16 Rom Volume 1
    #15 X-Factor (2006) by David Volume 1
    #14 Miracleman
    #13 Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 2
    #12 Daredevil by Nocenti
    #11 Thunderbolts

i'd buy me :
    #25 X-Men Legacy by Carey Vol 1 -> would this be (X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #208–244 + 248-260+X-Men: The Unlikely Saga of Xavier, Magneto and Stan one-shot and X-Men: Odd One Out one-shot + X-Men Original Sin one-shot and Wolverine: Origins #28–30 + Annual ) or other material?

#18 Infinity War

#15 X-Factor (2006) by David Volume 1 -> glad to see it up here !! 3 Peter David Omnibus on the list!! YEAH!!! (altough as I said before: a Omni of 90's Peter David X-factor without is J. M. DeMatteis and Todd DeZago is a waste of one Omnibus!!)

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

388 runs were voted on. A Top 60 was not even the top 20%. Could of went top 75, but understand your feeling
    I definitely understand the struggle between having a lot of data you'd love to share, and realizing it's more potent curated.

#25 X-Men Legacy by Carey Vol 1 - Not in my top 15 X-Men choices, but worthy. I don't think it's likely.
    #24 Amazing Spider-Man by Micheline and Bagley - Yes! A logical next step. But don't skip anything just because one of the two didn't touch it!
    #23 Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Volume 2 - If it was going to happen, it would have happened this year. Silver Age Hulk is a hard sell, but it's been so long since the first volume and the market has changed so much that maybe it's worth a shot?
    #22 She Hulk by Byrne - Hell yes! Worthy. I also really want the stuff between his first run and return, but that doesn't need to be in omnibus.
    #21 Moon Knight by Moench - VERY worthy. Someday Marvel will get around to giving Moon Knight his due outside of comics, and then this may materialize.
    #20 Dr. Strange Silver Age Volume 2 - Not happening before the next movie, but I enjoy that it's on the list so high already this year as, to me, it pointedly shows displeasure with how brief vol 1 was (even if it was for logical reasons).
    #19 Avengers by Roger Stern Volume 1 - Another one of my picks. Yes, it's fully collected already. But it's the best Avengers run of all time. It's the quintessential Avengers. It's franchise-defining. Doesn't that deserve a pair of omnibuses?
    #18 Infinity War - I can't imagine this isn't happening. All the cosmic event books have sold very well so far, plus that little movie coming out soon.
    #17 New Warriors Volume 2 - Sure, why not? Even money on it happening (yes, even considering the TV series, I wouldn't give this better than 50/50).
    #16 Rom Volume 1 - Wasted vote. The license is not available, nor is there any possibility of it being available anytime soon. Unless, as with Conan, Disney buys Marvel a company for it.
    #15 X-Factor (2006) by David Volume 1 - Marvel couldn't even finish the complete collections, so it's never happening. But oh, how I wish . . .
    #14 Miracleman - It still isn't even finished, and apparently the rights are FUBAR again. Nope, wasted vote.
    #13 Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 2 - Yeah, what's taking so long? Not exactly critical as the OHCs that cover this volume are not the rare and expensive ones, but progress comes one at a time, right? Can't get to those without this one first. Would be very welcome.
    #12 Daredevil by Nocenti - Another one of my picks. Look, I know Nocenti's name is anathema to fans lately, but this is REALLY good, okay?
    #11 Thunderbolts - Will depend on Marvel's plans for them cross-media. Hard to believe they aren't thinking of said plans. Had trouble selling the tpbs, and I think there's still a 25 issue gap (50 to 75 or something) that still needs to be collected at all that I would like to see done first. But, yeah, I think an omnibus would bring this run a lot of deserved attention.

C'mon top ten!

new stuff:

#25 X-Men Legacy by Carey Vol 1
    #23 Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Volume 2
    #22 She Hulk by Byrne
    #20 Dr. Strange Silver Age Volume 2
    #18 Infinity War
    #17 New Warriors Volume 2
    #16 Rom Volume 1
    #15 X-Factor (2006) by David Volume 1
    #14 Miracleman
    #12 Daredevil by Nocenti
    #11 Thunderbolts
    A 5th vote of mine made it:

Some may be surprised that I didn't vote for Daredevil by Ann Nocenti but I kind of figured there's a second DD by Nocenti Epic Collection on the way and I really wanted my points to go towards helping other material see the Omnibus light of day. Saying that, I would still pick it up as an eventual Omnibus. Out of this new batch, I would consider purchasing the following:

#18 Infinity War
    #12 Daredevil by Nocenti

Btw, what's everyone predicting to make No. 1? Looking back on the previous years results, I reckon it'll come down to between Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 and Fantastic Four Vol. 4.