Page 608 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1085085585986046056066076086096106116126186587081108 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    Is Alpha Flight, really any good past the Byrne run? I feel like I've always been told that the series was very poor after Byrne left.
    I read a bit further as I was working on my Alpha Flight guide, and I really enjoy the Mantlo plots, especially in the late 30s and 40. I feel like he does a good job continuing to develop the team as family. It's only once a lot of the members get scattered and leave the cast that it gets uneven for me.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions sales figures for April 2017

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for April 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. New entries are grouped separately from the reentries

53. Amazing Spider-Man OHC Clone Conspiracy - 1,385*
    62. Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 13: Justice Is Served - 1,257
    63. Marvel Masterworks Captain America HC Vol. 9 - 1,246
    64. Daredevil By Brubaker and Lark Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 1,237
    77. Secret Empire Prelude TPB - 1,099
    82. Star Wars Special Edition OHC New Hope - 1,077
    83. War of Kings Prelude Road To War of Kings Omnibus - 1,055
    87. X-Men Legacy Legion Omnibus - 1,026
    99. Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 3: Masters of Evil - 940
    117. X-Men Age of Apocalypse Prelude TPB - 852
    160. Ghost Rider By Daniel Way Complete Collection - 656
    162. Guardians of the Galaxy: Road To Annihilation Vol. 2 TPB - 651
    163. Spider-Man Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man By Peter David Complete Collection - 650
    175. Spider-Man 2099 Classic Vol. 4 TPB - 611
    189. Avengers: The Complete Celestial Madonna Saga TPB - 578
    198. Mighty Avengers By Brian Michael Bendis Complete Collection - 548
    200. X-Men Origins Firestar TPB - 540
    229. Guardians of the Galaxy Classic Vol. 3 In the Year 3000 TPB - 483
    236. Captain America: Marvel Knights Vol. 2 TPB - 473
    265. Enchanted Tiki Room OHC - 426
    293. Guidebook To Marvel Cinematic Universe OHC Vol. 1 - 385

REENTRIES:
    20. Art of Marvel Studios Slipcase - 2,547
    47. Amazing Spider-Man Family Business OHC - 1,504
    171. Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 624
    210. X-23 Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 518
    254. Avengers Assemble by Bendis OHC - 438

For the sake of comparison, DC's Omnibuses Batman Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 1 and Batman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3 achieved figures of 1,236 and 977, respectively.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I read a bit further as I was working on my Alpha Flight guide, and I really enjoy the Mantlo plots, especially in the late 30s and 40. I feel like he does a good job continuing to develop the team as family. It's only once a lot of the members get scattered and leave the cast that it gets uneven for me.
    Outside of the Byrne issues, I've read the Fabian Nicieza run that I enjoyed. The rest of the writers are Mantlo, Hudnall, Lobdell, and Furman, each had a good run (although Lobdell was taken off the book and replaced by Furman). Between the absence of fill in issues, the writers involved, and my enjoyment of the characters, I would definitely get and followup omnibus for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for April 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. New entries are grouped separately from the reentries

62. Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 13: Justice Is Served - 1,257
    Is that on the higher end for an Epic release? I always figure there is some pent-up demand for Gruenwald Cap.

That was pretty much Byrne's entire run. The team got together for issue 1 and after that it was pretty much individual stories or a few characters together as I recall.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Is that on the higher end for an Epic release? I always figure there is some pent-up demand for Gruenwald Cap.
    I would say medium to low high. Higher than last month's Excalibur and X-Force but lower than New Mutants, X-Men and X-Factor.

Spectacular Member

I agree with Krisis, it's been a good few years since I read Alpha Flight, but I remember really enjoying the first 50 to 60 issues.
    Bring on volume 2

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I agree with Krisis, it's been a good few years since I read Alpha Flight, but I remember really enjoying the first 50 to 60 issues.
    Bring on volume 2
    It had some ups & downs but I'd buy Omnibus of the entire 1st run!

Never read the 2nd Volume (issues:#1-20 and #-1 + Alpha Flight / Inhumans '98 + Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1-3)
    Any good?

I read the last stuff: volume 3 ("All-New, All-Different" #1-12), Omega Flight and Chaos War: Alpha Flight and I wouldn't recommend it unless for completists or to fill a Omnibus of material from 2nd and 3rd Volumes...

I think some characters appeared on Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey, good to see a fellow poster with great taste

You know, I was thinking the same as I know a few people voted for this. I'm aware that there's a ton of X-fans out there voting for every possible X-Ominibus, but I thought this potential Daredevil Omnibus had at least a chance of bubbling under the Top 60.

Tigereyes, any chance of letting us know how "well" this Omni did?

Btw, Banky, I'm curious as to your top ten?

I actually erroneously doubled one of the picks on my ballot but my list would be:

1. NEW MUTANTS by Claremont, McLeod & Sienkiewicz (1982) 1-28
    2. UNCANNY X-MEN by Claremont & Romita jr (1983) 176-210
    3. MOON KNIGHT by Moench & Sienkiewicz (1980) 1-28
    4. DAREDEVIL by O'Neill, Johson & Mazzucchelli (1983) 192-220
    5. SECRET AVENGERS by Brubaker, Ellis & various (2010) 1-28
    6. DOCTOR STRANGE by Roger Stern, Colan, Rogers & Smith (1982) 48-76
    7. NEW MUTANTS (2009) v.3 by Zeb Wells 1-28 w/INFERNUS
    8. BLACK WIDOW by Edmonson & Noto (2014) 1-24
    9. SHADOWLAND (complete) by Diggle, Tan & various (2010) 1-28
    10. CLOAK & DAGGER by Mantlo & Leonardi (1982) SSM and C&D ltd 1-4, C&D (1985) #1-11

I've noticed the X-Men omnibus vol 1 contains the first part of The Dark Phoenix Saga, whilst volume 2 contains the second half... Is it worth holding off reading those last few issues until I get the second volume?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've noticed the X-Men omnibus vol 1 contains the first part of The Dark Phoenix Saga, whilst volume 2 contains the second half... Is it worth holding off reading those last few issues until I get the second volume?
    Even though the DPS technically starts in issue #129 because there are scenes where Phoenix is being manipulated slowly be Mastermind, the actual core, meaty part of the story covers issues #132-137, which is in Uncanny omni v2
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ah ok, that is nice to know, thank you! Also, you've (or was it Balakin... maybe both of you?) persuaded me to give Capaldi another go with series 9
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm breaking down the Most-Wanted results book by book on my blog as I did last year, although I'm going into much greater depth on each volume. I'm not only discussing more of the plot and art, but I'm also choosing a handful of omnis on which I do some number-crushing - like how many What Ifs came true and how many people died in X-Force.

Here's the first five.

#60 – What If? Classic Omnibus, Vol. 1
    #59 – House of M Omnibus
    #58 – Captain Marvel by Peter David, Vol. 1
    #57 – X-Force by Kyle & Yost
    #56 – Namor, The Sub-Mariner, Vol. 1

What did I learn in this group? First, that a lot of Marvel's seemingly impossible What If scenarios have come true! Also, that the House of M omnibus is a little more feasible than I initially thought, that Peter David's Captain Marvel is much funnier than I realized, just how many people died in X-Force, and that Namor's Silver Age material might be stronger than some of his more-popular peers.

I don't know if I'll have the stamina or time to keep up this level of coverage for another 55 books (plus ties!), which would take me through the end of June to complete, but I'm definitely learning a lot about the comics I love in the process! I encourage you to comment on CK if you're reading along.

I'll probably continue to ping the thread every five books or so with links to my write-ups, as long as that doesn't start to feel like spamming.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    It had some ups & downs but I'd buy Omnibus of the entire 1st run!

Never read the 2nd Volume (issues:#1-20 and #-1 + Alpha Flight / Inhumans '98 + Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1-3)
    Any good?

I read the last stuff: volume 3 ("All-New, All-Different" #1-12), Omega Flight and Chaos War: Alpha Flight and I wouldn't recommend it unless for completists or to fill a Omnibus of material from 2nd and 3rd Volumes...

I think some characters appeared on Captain Marvel?
    Seagle's Alpha Flight was different, but great in its own right. I almost dropped it when Duncan Rouleau took over art duties (it's truly amongst the ugliest I've ever seen), but stuck it out and was glad I did. You can find most of the issues in bargain bins, and I'd recommend them.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Seagle's Alpha Flight was different, but great in its own right. I almost dropped it when Duncan Rouleau took over art duties (it's truly amongst the ugliest I've ever seen), but stuck it out and was glad I did. You can find most of the issues in bargain bins, and I'd recommend them.
    So, good but not "1st volume"-good?

Still, even after reading the ""all new all different" issues, i'd buy the last stuff if they do something like this:

Alpha Flight (2004-2010) Omnibus (collecting volume 2 (issues:#1-20 and #-1 + Alpha Flight / Inhumans '98 + Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1-3) + volume 3 "All-New, All-Different" #1-12 + Omega Flight #1-5+ Chaos War: Alpha Flight)

but If the finish Omnibus of the entire 1st run I'll consider it a miracle!