Page 622 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1225225726126186196206216226236246256266326727221122 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Damn, there goes my Spidey twofer!
    You're a Spidey fan? I had no idea.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'm back with the next 10 write-ups of the Most-Wanted Marvel Omnibuses of 2017 from Tigereyes' secret ballot:

#50 – Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch, Vol. 1
    #49 – Captain America (Silver Age), Vol. 3
    #48 – Doctor Strange by Roger Stern
    #47 – Marvel Horror of the 1970s
    #46 – Killraven
    #45 – Captain America by Mark Gruenwald, Vol. 1
    #44 – Runways by Brian K. Vaughan
    #43 – Superior Spider-Man
    #42 – The Punisher by Rucka & Checchetto
    #41 – Black Panther by Christopher Priest, Vol. 1

What's a must-buy in this group? My top two recommendations would be Superior Spider-Man and Rucka's Punisher - not because they are the newest runs but because they are both terrific and self-contained. However, there's a strong case for buying all of these books - particular Cap Vol. 3, which bridges from the first two Silver Age omnis to the Kirby omnibus.

How many of these 10 books would be on your "to buy" list?
    I think only the two Captain America Omnibuses would make my list. Cap Vol. 3 would nicely link my Cap Vol. 2 and Cap Kirby Omnibuses, and the Cap Gruenwald Omnibus would join my complete Cap Omnibus collection.

I have all the Superior Spider-Man OHCs so I would rather Marvel released a different Spidey Omnibus. Saying that, I bought all the Daredevil Waid OHCs and then ended up picking up the Daredevil Waid Omnibus Vol.1 which I really like. Btw, there are a couple of Daredevil Variant full page spreads in the first few OHCs that don't appear in the Omnibus.

So, we have Deadpool by Daniel Way Omnibus Vol. 1 and Deadpool & Co. Omnibus for january/february and Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus in November but no Cable or New Mutants Omnibus yet?

Come on Marvel collected editions Dpt. , don't let me down!!

(edit: not even 1 Black Panther Omnibus either! )
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 06-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The way Marvel Collected Editions is burning through Deadpool content is it possible they are going to run out of it anytime soon?
    He's headed towards, if not already, the most collected character in the Omni format. Of those characters, with many multiple volumes, he's been around the least amount of time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Latest Amazon phishing shows the following new books listed:

New Mutants: Zeb Wells Complete Collection
    Deadpool by Daniel Way Omnibus Vol 1
    Cable & X-Force: Onslaught Rising (most likely filling the gap between C&XF Vol 1 and X:Men: Complete Onslaught Vol 1)
    New Mutants: Back to School (by Grant & Weir) Complete Collection

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The way Marvel Collected Editions is burning through Deadpool content is it possible they are going to run out of it anytime soon?
    He's headed towards, if not already, the most collected character in the Omni format. Of those characters, with many multiple volumes, he's been around the least amount of time.
    Not only that, but he's one of few Classic TPB lines still going strong and the only such line to my knowledge whose volumes number into the high teens. Talk about overexposure...

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Hello,

Is it possible to use the Marvel Masterworks Resource Page as a checklist for Marvel Digital Collections?
    The resource page has everything from OHCs to TPBs but I'm not sure if the digital collections run the same way.
    Is there a way to tell if the digital collected edition from Marvel is the HC the OHC or the TPB?

Is the Road to War of Kings prelude omni worth buying? Seems a bit of a hodge podge of issues. The War of Kings omni itself contains a fair bit of lead up, so the prelude kind of screams 'filler' to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Is the Road to War of Kings prelude omni worth buying? Seems a bit of a hodge podge of issues. The War of Kings omni itself contains a fair bit of lead up, so the prelude kind of screams 'filler' to me.
    It's a fill in so that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's Cosmic titles (Nova,GotG, cosmic events) will be completed collected in omnibus format. There wasn't enough DnA material for a separate Omnibus, so they added in the Inhuman and X-Men issues that follow Vulcan and the lead up to the War of Kings storyline. If you're a fan of DnA and the omnibus format, then this is the last piece of the puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It's a fill in so that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's Cosmic titles (Nova,GotG, cosmic events) will be completed collected in omnibus format. There wasn't enough DnA material for a separate Omnibus, so they added in the Inhuman and X-Men issues that follow Vulcan and the lead up to the War of Kings storyline. If you're a fan of DnA and the omnibus format, then this is the last piece of the puzzle
    I was very glad they added in the X-Men and Inhuman nice to have everything leading up to WOK.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I can only hope and pray...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can only hope and pray...
    Im pretty sure there are only 2 or 3 omnis worth of material left, and then itll be a few years until they can make another.(Depending on what Duggan does going forward)
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to use the Marvel Masterworks Resource Page as a checklist for Marvel Digital Collections?
    The resource page has everything from OHCs to TPBs but I'm not sure if the digital collections run the same way.
    Is there a way to tell if the digital collected edition from Marvel is the HC the OHC or the TPB?
    This is a vague sort of answer, but Marvel doesn't necessarily create a digital/kindle version of every collected release, and I'm not certain when they began to do it more commonly. So the MMW resources page is a universe of possible collections, but not all of them will exist (for example, I don't think there are Kindles for the Golden Age MMWs, I checked during the sale).

The lead-up from both X-Men and Inhumans is really not filler. It's some of the best parts of the story, especially on the Inhumans side! I originally was sure they'd try to find a way to get it all into a main WoK omnibus, you can scroll way back in the thread to see me puzzling over it. There's some filler (the earlier Nova issues), but most of it is solid.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

It's the only one I DID buy (the rest I already have in OHC). All of the X-Men and Inhuman lead-up to War of Kings is in there, including the origin of Vulcan, which is essential to the WoK plot. Not filler at all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Im pretty sure there are only 2 or 3 omnis worth of material left, and then itll be a few years until they can make another.(Depending on what Duggan does going forward)
    This gives me hope for the Uncanny Avengers Omni by Duggan.. if this happens i'd want them to include the Counter-Evolutionary storyline that wraps up Remender's work