Page 625 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1255255756156216226236246256266276286296356757251125 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    So the only way to have it in chronological order is HC MMW?
    In a uniform way with the most issues, yes and only the Amazing title.
    Omni goes 100+ issues and MMW goes 200+
    The first volume of Spectacular MMW comes out sometime this summer so you could get in on the ground floor of that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    In a uniform way with the most issues, yes and only the Amazing title.
    Omni goes 100+ issues and MMW goes 200+
    The first volume of Spectacular MMW comes out sometime this summer so you could get in on the ground floor of that.
    What year did Spectacular start?

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    What year did Spectacular start?
    Year 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Year 1976.
    Ok. Thanks. Now not only do I need to decide which format, but ASM or SSM. Hahaha, so much to get....

Mighty Member

For those curious, the Larson Spider-man spine matches the McFarlane one

http://i.imgur.com/aaj5YwX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really want to get: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS CRIME NOIR OMNIBUS HC which comes out this week, but it's almost $69 with the CGN discount.

I've read these stories and they're good. I'd love to own this book but, quite frankly, I see it getting discounted at some point. Hell, I think most of his stuff does get put in the bargain bin box at some point.

Again, if you haven't read these stories, they're good, particularly Jinx, Goldfish and Torso.

Thoughts?
    I'll be picking it up- I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I generally like Bendis, especially his early stuff(although, I have not read a majority of the work collected in this one.) I figure it'll be half off on IST, but you do raise an interesting point. It does seem that a larger quantity of Marvel omnibus are being clearanced, and much more frequently...

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'll be picking it up- I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I generally like Bendis, especially his early stuff(although, I have not read a majority of the work collected in this one.) I figure it'll be half off on IST, but you do raise an interesting point. It does seem that a larger quantity of Marvel omnibus are being clearanced, and much more frequently...
    Oh it's great, gritty, black and white semi-Brubaker-style stuff. But, man, I just can't pull the trigger on that price - even 45 percent off. And a lot of the Bendis stuff seems to hit clearance.

I think I'll take a chance on this one. If in a few months people are talking about it going out of print, I might get it then (which of course is the gamble since it will probably be in the $75-$80 range by then).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    For those curious, the Larson Spider-man spine matches the McFarlane one

http://i.imgur.com/aaj5YwX.jpg
    That looks awesome. 3 Spider-man omni in 1 month is crazy. I don't think Marvel ever released 3 omnis to coincide with their movies before.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    That looks awesome. 3 Spider-man omni in 1 month is crazy. I don't think Marvel ever released 3 omnis to coincide with their movies before.
    That was the regular practice for the first few movies, but they used to be spaced farther apart than this.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh it's great, gritty, black and white semi-Brubaker-style stuff. But, man, I just can't pull the trigger on that price - even 45 percent off. And a lot of the Bendis stuff seems to hit clearance.

I think I'll take a chance on this one. If in a few months people are talking about it going out of print, I might get it then (which of course is the gamble since it will probably be in the $75-$80 range by then).
    It's black and white, non superhero stuff with not super impressive art. I'm pretty sure it will end up on the clearance piles.
    I was tempted as well but I don't really want a 1000pg omnibus with the recent build quality that has art that works perfectly in regular size too. Maybe on clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I don't want to be the party pooper but someone on the FB group posted his disappointment that this SM omni has the DC artist specific collection sickness, as in it only collects issues by titular artist. So it only has part 4 of 4, part 2 of 5 and I think part 3 of 5 of some stories because these were the only ones LArsen worked on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't want to be the party pooper but someone on the FB group posted his disappointment that this SM omni has the DC artist specific collection sickness, as in it only collects issues by titular artist. So it only has part 4 of 4, part 2 of 5 and I think part 3 of 5 of some stories because these were the only ones LArsen worked on.
    Seriously? I was a bit worried by the hodge podge issues collected in the omni but assumed that it was to serve the story by Michelinie and skipped non-essential issues in between. If that is the case then it's a bummer. IMO omnibus should focus on the story. For artist-specific collection there is always the Artist Select by IDW.

If that turns out to be true, I'll buy the epics that cover those ASM issues instead. Shame.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Well they shouldn't have been surprised. It was solicited as such. It does have the 20+ run of ASM from the pair, which i think most people were interested in, that links nicely from the Mcfarlane run. The issues in question are more than likely the fill ins for the last McFarlane arc, that were already previously collected, some fill ins on the Spider-Man series, and an early issue by Michelinie that otherwise would've been stranded, so they opted to include them here. I don't personally consider it a hodge podge, but would others really have rather left those few issues out just so it flowed better? Id rather have them than not. People need to chill.

Yeah, they really lit into this book. I think there were some other complaints about it as well.