Page 630 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206266276286296306316326336346406807301130 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The promise with the Epics is that they will (eventually) collect everything chronologically up to a certain point (mid 90s?). Omnis of course are oversized HC books that can look gorgeous but you never know what is coming out in Omni or when. There is probably a case to be made for collecting both to get everything. But if you are really against doubling up, Epics are your best bet, but you will be patient either way. Every year they seem to release more. Omnis will miss some issues, Epics, if they live up to the promise, will not.
    You've helped mae up my mind for me then. I'll get the Epics. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by acnblj; 06-17-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Have you considered tracking down the Essential collections? Many don't like this format because they are in black and white. Also, they are now out of print. But if you can find them, the series collect up to ASM #248.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Have you considered tracking down the Essential collections? Many don't like this format because they are in black and white. Also, they are now out of print. But if you can find them, the series collect up to ASM #248.
    No, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion though. Another reason that collecting is a bit overwhelming. So many different options. Black and white isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    You've helped mae up my mind for me then. I'll get the Epics. Thanks so much!
    I do hope you understand that it will probably be at least 20 years before all of ASM up to the 90's is published in Epic Collections. Just to throw my two cents out there, I'd recommend getting any of the currently available omnis, then filling in with Epics and Complete Collections. There is no guarantee that any of these formats will ever collect it all. The currently available omnis will eventually go out of print, sometimes in the blink of an eye, and prices on them will escalate quickly. Being Spider-Man, Marvel will most likely keep these reprinted after a few years of being out of print, but there is no guarantee on that either. Of course if you just want to read it and not own it in print, you could always subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I do hope you understand that it will probably be at least 20 years before all of ASM up to the 90's is published in Epic Collections. Just to throw my two cents out there, I'd recommend getting any of the currently available omnis, then filling in with Epics and Complete Collections. There is no guarantee that any of these formats will ever collect it all. The currently available omnis will eventually go out of print, sometimes in the blink of an eye, and prices on them will escalate quickly. Being Spider-Man, Marvel will most likely keep these reprinted after a few years of being out of print, but there is no guarantee on that either. Of course if you just want to read it and not own it in print, you could always subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and read it all.
    What's the difference between epic and complete collection?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I do hope you understand that it will probably be at least 20 years before all of ASM up to the 90's is published in Epic Collections.
    That estimate might be excessive.

We've seen the ASM Epic line stretch to Vol. 22 so far, which ends on #360, and ASM continues through #441 - another 80 issues.

Of course, a third of that remaining AMS (#378-380 & 394-418) is Maximum Carnage and Clone/Reilly Saga, which might not make a ton of sense in Single-Title Epic format, but let's assume they pair down the contents of the crossover material to the bare minimum to understand what's going on in ASM and we get Epics that cover about 7-10 issues of ASM each, as was the case with some of the ones in the 300s.

Them we can roughly say we're looking at Vol. 23-24 to get to Carnage, Vol. 25 as Carnage, Volume 26 to get to Clone Saga, Vol. 27-31 for Clone Saga (unless they just straight up re-issue all of the Clone/Reilly Epics as ASM Epics, which seems doubtable since they're reprinting some of them currently in the existing trade dress), and Vol. 32-34 to wrap up the series - knowing that 25 & 27-30 are fully, comprehensively covered in paperback already so not a high priority.

Of 33 potential Epics, we currently have 8 solicited in 3.5yrs (from Dec 2013 through this month). If Marvel keeps up that pace - which has only been gently accelerated by the film - we should be done the ASM Epic line in just 11yrs more, not the 20 you suggest.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That estimate might be excessive.

We've seen the ASM Epic line stretch to Vol. 22 so far, which ends on #360, and ASM continues through #441 - another 80 issues.

Of course, a third of that remaining AMS (#378-380 & 394-418) is Maximum Carnage and Clone/Reilly Saga, which might not make a ton of sense in Single-Title Epic format, but let's assume they pair down the contents of the crossover material to the bare minimum to understand what's going on in ASM and we get Epics that cover about 7-10 issues of ASM each, as was the case with some of the ones in the 300s.

Them we can roughly say we're looking at Vol. 23-24 to get to Carnage, Vol. 25 as Carnage, Volume 26 to get to Clone Saga, Vol. 27-31 for Clone Saga (unless they just straight up re-issue all of the Clone/Reilly Epics as ASM Epics, which seems doubtable since they're reprinting some of them currently in the existing trade dress), and Vol. 32-34 to wrap up the series - knowing that 25 & 27-30 are fully, comprehensively covered in paperback already so not a high priority.

Of 33 potential Epics, we currently have 8 solicited in 3.5yrs (from Dec 2013 through this month). If Marvel keeps up that pace - which has only been gently accelerated by the film - we should be done the ASM Epic line in just 11yrs more, not the 20 you suggest.
    Yeah, the 20 was a wild and exaggerated guess. I'll take your word on it for sure though. With no more releasing this year, a safe bet seems to be two volumes a year, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    What's the difference between epic and complete collection?
    The Complete Collection books are generally what's used for shorter series runs where it's entirety is collected in a handful of volumes. In the current case for Spidey, it's also used on specific story lines, for example Amazing Spider-Man: Brand New Day Complete Collection Volumes 1-???.

Are all books from IST in NEW condition or do they sell used books as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are all books from IST in NEW condition or do they sell used books as well?
    New.

Although they are running a sale on some of their damaged books at a higher discount. I've bought a number of them and they'll have small dings or bumped corners and things.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Am I right in thinking that even with Clone Sage Omnibus v2, there is actually still enough material left for another volume, or maybe even 2 more, to actually finish the event?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Am I right in thinking that even with Clone Sage Omnibus v2, there is actually still enough material left for another volume, or maybe even 2 more, to actually finish the event?
    The 2 Clone Omnis contain the 5 Clone Saga trades.

For the Ben Reilly Saga, there are 6 trades, so it'd be 3 Omnis or 2 super huge ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    New.

Although they are running a sale on some of their damaged books at a higher discount. I've bought a number of them and they'll have small dings or bumped corners and things.
    Thanks! With the damaged books, it's hard to purchase something not knowing exactly what the damage is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    The 2 Clone Omnis contain the 5 Clone Saga trades.

For the Ben Reilly Saga, there are 6 trades, so it'd be 3 Omnis or 2 super huge ones.
    is the Ben Reilly Saga essential to the story?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Thanks! With the damaged books, it's hard to purchase something not knowing exactly what the damage is.
    I've ordered about 14 books from the "damaged" sale, and they've all been in better condition than Amazon's "new" books.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES