Page 631 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1315315816216276286296306316326336346356416817311131 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've ordered about 14 books from the "damaged" sale, and they've all been in better condition than Amazon's "new" books.
    lol that's great to know. Maybe I should just risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    is the Ben Reilly Saga essential to the story?
    I'd say yes since it finishes what was started and brings everything full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Obviously it's going to vary from book to book, but I bought a "damaged" recently oop omni a few months ago. I was expecting it would likely have some pretty dinged corners, etc. Turned out the only thing wrong with it was a hole not much bigger than a quarter in the shrink wrap on the back cover. There wasn't even a scuff on the dust jacket itself. I couldn't have gotten a better copy if I'd bought it undamaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The promise with the Epics is that they will (eventually) collect everything chronologically up to a certain point (mid 90s?). Omnis of course are oversized HC books that can look gorgeous but you never know what is coming out in Omni or when. There is probably a case to be made for collecting both to get everything. But if you are really against doubling up, Epics are your best bet, but you will be patient either way. Every year they seem to release more. Omnis will miss some issues, Epics, if they live up to the promise, will not.
    I ordered ASM Epic Collection- Great Power today. Really looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your help/suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've ordered about 14 books from the "damaged" sale, and they've all been in better condition than Amazon's "new" books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Basically what SJ said. Some I couldn't even tell what the damage was. Everything was in tolerance or better than I expected.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Between masterworks, omnibus, epics, and the various Clone Saga/Alien Costume trades, you can have almost all of ASM on your shelves already. Just missing two MMWs leading up to the Stern omnibus, the epic immediately following it, three-ish epics leading up to the Clone Saga from where the Robin Bound epic ends, and like two epics before The Next Chapter . . . right?

Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    is the Ben Reilly Saga essential to the story?
    Absolutely. The 5 Clone Saga books and 6 Ben Reilly ones are, really, 11 books of the one long storyline. To read of Ben's time as Spider-Man, and to find out how the whole Saga wrapped up, you'll need them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade
    ...and like two epics before The Next Chapter . . . right?
    Between Clone/Ben Reilly Saga (ending at ASM #418) and Next Chapter there's a total of two runs totalling 18 issues uncollected (#419-431 and #436-439). The remainder is available in Identity Crisis, Spider-Hunt and The Gathering of Five.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 06-19-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Does anyone here have the Infinity OHC and could tell me if its glued or sewn binding? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The promise with the Epics is that they will (eventually) collect everything chronologically up to a certain point (mid 90s?). Omnis of course are oversized HC books that can look gorgeous but you never know what is coming out in Omni or when. There is probably a case to be made for collecting both to get everything. But if you are really against doubling up, Epics are your best bet, but you will be patient either way. Every year they seem to release more. Omnis will miss some issues, Epics, if they live up to the promise, will not.
    Regarding the chronological range of Epic Collections, I just got the Wolverine Epic Collection Volume 12: Shadows of Apocalypse, and everything published in that one came out in 1999-2000. Not counting the Star Wars ones, that appears to be the "latest" so far (Daredevil goes to 1998, a few go to 1997).

I've been digging Epic Collections so far. I grabbed the three Wolverine ones (1-16, 87-100, and 133-149, plus a bunch more). The first volume includes some Marvel Comics Presents, and I should expect subsequent early volumes would as well. I like that they try to be comprehensive. I've also grabbed the first two Silver Surfer ones (I really like how Volume 1 is just his appearances in Fantastic Four) and the first X-Men one (which I bought on the cheap; I want to replace my three "Essential Classic X-Men" black and white volumes for Epics if possible, but not overspend doing it.)

It is hard to predict them, of course, but the thrice-annual Hachette catalogue gives us a good preview for the next many months. The catalogue for January-April 2018 should be out in the next couple of weeks, I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Does anyone here have the Infinity OHC and could tell me if its glued or sewn binding? Thanks
    it's sewn but glued to the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's sewn but glued to the spine.
    Like this? IMG_1111.jpg

It's also about to be reprinted in its entirety in the soon to be released Avengers by Hickman v1 omni. If you're thinking about buying it, I'd just wait for that omni. It will have a much better binding.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    It's also about to be reprinted in its entirety in the soon to be released Avengers by Hickman v1 omni. If you're thinking about buying it, I'd just wait for that omni. It will have a much better binding.
    Already have all the other hickman avengers hardcovers else i would of got that

Sorry if these were already mentioned, I missed a lot of posts on vacation, but some X-Book Amazon Fish!

CABLE: THE NEMESIS CONTRACT - 400 pages
    Contains Cable #59 to something. Hopefully it fattens up a bit and we get Cable #59-72, Annual 1999, and X-Man #46-47 (crossover) and nearly every Cable issue will be collected up to the 2000 Revolution relaunch.

Also...

CABLE & X-FORCE: ONSLAUGHT RISING - 360 pages
    Probably contains... Cable #32-36, X-Force #49-58 or something close to that.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 06-19-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Like this? IMG_1111.jpg
    worse because the spine is flat
    20170619_191423.jpg