Page 635 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1355355856256316326336346356366376386396456857351135 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DEADPOOL: WORLD’S GREATEST VOL. 3 OHC Cover by TRADD MOORE:

SPIDER-GWEN VOL. 2 OHC Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ:

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE GUIDEBOOK: IT’S ALL CONNECTED OHC Cover by Dave Johnson:

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    Got my ASM Epic collection vol1 today. I collected Web of Spider-Man in the 80's and am now getting backing into collecting slowly after 30+ years away. Pretty excited to read from the beginning.
    Great. These are, in my opinion, some of the absolutely best in terms of what comics from the 60s hold up and can be enjoyed today.
    I loved re-reading Spidey Masterworks 1-4 last year - I will continue from there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm a big fan of Daredevil (my fave superhero) so I might be slightly biased by saying that this is a fantastic Omnibus and probably one of my favourires. I already had all the Daredevil Marvel Masterworks and quite a few of the floppies featured in this Omnibus but I don't regret getting it. You get all the letters pages, quite a lot of additional stuff and the colours have been improved upon in particular when comparing the first MMW.

There are several very good stories in the first issues with some very decent art. If you're not a fan of Silver Age comics, I wouldn't recommend it as there are some pretty corny and tiring stories with some very cheesy and annoying super-villains. But as I said, the art does look pretty great oversized and if you're interested in Daredevil's beginnings and his supporting characters, it's an enjoyable read.
    Hmm, Thanks. I'll mull it over.

It's weird, all the Golden/Silver Age omnibus books that DC puts out, I scoop 'em up. The Marvel ones? Not so much. Not sure as to why...

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hmm, Thanks. I'll mull it over.

It's weird, all the Golden/Silver Age omnibus books that DC puts out, I scoop 'em up. The Marvel ones? Not so much. Not sure as to why...
    I'm just the opposite. I tried several of D.C.'s early books in omnibus format and to me they are practically unreadable.

I tried suicide squad, teen titans, some jla - I just couldn't get into any of it. I think part of it is Lee was writing to an older audience, or at least treated his audience with respect that they could understand things.
    Dc seemed to be treating every kid as like 6 years old, whereas Lee treated them as 10-12 or something.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Does Waid's Daredevil draw heavily on continuity from Bendis and Brubaker? I'm tempted by the Waid omnibus, but haven't read any Daredevil runs since Stan Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Does Waid's Daredevil draw heavily on continuity from Bendis and Brubaker? I'm tempted by the Waid omnibus, but haven't read any Daredevil runs since Stan Lee.
    I thought Waid's run was the epitome of new-reader friendly. Everything you need to know to enjoy the story is included in the story. I don't think it draws on anything specific from previous runs, just a general sense that DD went through some very dark times.

Astonishing Member

Not really. The biggest item is that Foggy and the other superheroes are worried about Daredevil after the Shadowland storyline. Later, characters like Matt's wife, Kingpin, and Bullseye do show up.

Default Marvel Collected Editions Comic Book Sales for May 2017

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for May 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

20. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693
    51. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 7: The Goblin's Last Stand - 1,696
    62. Monsters Vol. 1 Marvel Monsterbus by Lee Lieber Kirby - 1,515
    64. Silver Surfer Epic Collection Vol. 8: Infinity Gauntlet - 1,440
    78. Marvel Masterworks Doctor Strange HC Vol. 8 - 1,238
    83. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2: Rebellion - 1,184
    105. Daredevil by Brubaker and Lark Omnibus Vol. 2 (2nd Printing) - 1,014
    171. Young Avengers by Heinberg Cheung Childrens Crusade TPB - 691
    172. Spider-Man Deadpool Don't Call It A Team Up TPB - 691
    173. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Art of the Movie Slipcase HC Vol. 2 - 690
    192. Spider-Man Vs Vulture TPB - 637
    200. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl OHC Vol. 2 - 627
    225. Spider-Man Lifeline Tablet Saga TPB - 573
    227. New Avengers by Bendis Complete Collection Vol. 4 - 570
    232. Iron Man Director of Shield Complete Collection - 566
    247. Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Vol. 4 - 537
    261. Spider-Man by Todd Dezago and Mike Wieringo TPB - 515

I didn't include the reentries this month as there was quite a lot. It looks like Marvel are clearing out more old Marvel Masterworks HCs and several Complete Collections.

For those interested, here are DC's Omnibus stats for May: Wonder Woman by George Perez Omnibus Vol. 2 - 1,000; Superman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 4 - 622.

Nope. Only thing you need to know is that he went through some serious, dark guff and now he is trying to be upbeat and not broody. Waid's is actually much closer to the swashbuckling Lee version than the depressing noir of Brubaker and Bendis (and Miller obviously).

IMHO the darker tone and depressing stories combined with the storytelling abilities of Bendis and Brubaker make those runs a much more interesting read and gave the character a unique identity but Waid's run is still good with some classy art on it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I thought Waid's run was the epitome of new-reader friendly. Everything you need to know to enjoy the story is included in the story. I don't think it draws on anything specific from previous runs, just a general sense that DD went through some very dark times.
    Yeah, I read and loved Waid's run. You don't need to know what all happened, just that things were pretty bad for awhile. They lay that out though, so don't worry too much about it. Main thing to know is that Murdock is taking a new approach to life and that drives things going forward throughout Waid's run.

Have any of you subscribed to www.TheMarvelousBox.com ? It's awesome!! You get over $100 worth of Marvel graphic novels for $25! It's a quarterly subscription and the books are new. Some boxes include Epic Collections and they are really particular about the books included. They promise to never send stuff like Solo, Occupy Avengers, A-Force Presents, etc. I've been getting it since they started last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm just the opposite. I tried several of D.C.'s early books in omnibus format and to me they are practically unreadable.

I tried suicide squad, teen titans, some jla - I just couldn't get into any of it. I think part of it is Lee was writing to an older audience, or at least treated his audience with respect that they could understand things.
    Dc seemed to be treating every kid as like 6 years old, whereas Lee treated them as 10-12 or something.
    I also missed out on a lot of the SA Marvel omnis, but it they reprinted the SA X-Men, Thor, Iron Man and a few others, I'd probably pick them up

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I also missed out on a lot of the SA Marvel omnis, but it they reprinted the SA X-Men, Thor, Iron Man and a few others, I'd probably pick them up
    And when the Daredevil (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 eventually goes out of print, it's very possible you may regret not picking it up now . Therefore, if you're on the fence and you have a few extra bucks, it may be wise to take advantage of that extra IST discount and pick up the DM Variant as it will probably be worth more in the future than the Regular Variant (for collectors anyway). Unless, of course, you prefer the Alex Ross cover. Btw, I reckon Silver Age Daredevil is much more readable than Silver Age Thor and Iron Man