Page 636 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1365365866266326336346356366376386396406466867361136 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Canucked, can you please update the TOP TEN OMNIBUS Sales on the first page? The new list is below. Amazing Fantasy Omnibus slides to No. 11 as the Amazing Spider-man (Silver Age) Vol. 3 Omnibus enters the No. 3 spot.

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    4. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    5. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    6. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    7. Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    8. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    9. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    10. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,232 (June 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Have any of you subscribed to www.TheMarvelousBox.com ? It's awesome!! You get over $100 worth of Marvel graphic novels for $25! It's a quarterly subscription and the books are new. Some boxes include Epic Collections and they are really particular about the books included. They promise to never send stuff like Solo, Occupy Avengers, A-Force Presents, etc. I've been getting it since they started last year!
    Random stuff is no good for the serious collector. Duplicates would happen, and honestly who has the shelf space?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    And when the Daredevil (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 eventually goes out of print, it's very possible you may regret not picking it up now . Therefore, if you're on the fence and you have a few extra bucks, it may be wise to take advantage of that extra IST discount and pick up the DM Variant as it will probably be worth more in the future than the Regular Variant (for collectors anyway). Unless, of course, you prefer the Alex Ross cover. Btw, I reckon Silver Age Daredevil is much more readable than Silver Age Thor and Iron Man
    Even marvel is hit or miss on SA material. Iron man and Thor (two of my all time faves) are really hard to get through. But then FF and spidey and avengers are great. So it is variable even for Marvel
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

And when the Daredevil (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 eventually goes out of print, it's very possible you may regret not picking it up now . Therefore, if you're on the fence and you have a few extra bucks, it may be wise to take advantage of that extra IST discount and pick up the DM Variant as it will probably be worth more in the future than the Regular Variant (for collectors anyway). Unless, of course, you prefer the Alex Ross cover. Btw, I reckon Silver Age Daredevil is much more readable than Silver Age Thor and Iron Man
    I don't like your logic Raffi. It's not good for my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Random stuff is no good for the serious collector. Duplicates would happen, and honestly who has the shelf space?
    Just putting it out there is all I really enjoy the service. It's been great to get titles that I might not possibly have tried before. I read everything X-Men, half the Avengers and Spider-Man stuff. So when I get a box with Hulk, Deadpool, Punisher, and Fantastic Four books it's a nice surprise and something that I wouldn't have normally read for cheap!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 Omnibus blew it out of the water in the comic book sales for May 2017 with a figure of 2,693!

That will put it at No. 3 in the All Time Best Selling Omnibus List with regards to the premiere month of release.

I'll try and put together the full Marvel Collected Editions list for May 2017 by tomorrow.
    This only solidifies that we should have no problem getting an ASM vol.4 with the next Spider-man (Holland) movie circa 2019. No way the number crunchers miss that.
    Right?!

Canucked, can you please update the TOP TEN OMNIBUS Sales on the first page? The new list is below. Amazing Fantasy Omnibus slides to No. 11 as the Amazing Spider-man (Silver Age) Vol. 3 Omnibus enters the No. 3 spot.

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    4. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    5. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    6. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    7. Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    8. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    9. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    10. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,232 (June 2016)
    I know it took "forever" to sell out but perhaps they overprinted TIH vol.1, the fact it's STILL in the top 10 should show the interest in the character.
    We may have to see how the Planet Hulk and WWHulk Omnis do upon release but I feel right now, if a TIH vol.2 Omni were done it would sell well. The contents within are more cherished by Hulk fans than the vol.1 content I do believe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

can someone tell me what the difference is between the current New Avengers complete collections we are getting off BMB and the upcoming Avengers complete collection off BMB, is Avengers just a continuation of New Avengers? also if i had to chose one Hulk Complete collection should i go with Aaron's or Waids? bearing in mind i pretty much hated my only other Hulk taster - Jeph Loebs Red Hulk stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    can someone tell me what the difference is between the current New Avengers complete collections we are getting off BMB and the upcoming Avengers complete collection off BMB, is Avengers just a continuation of New Avengers? also if i had to chose one Hulk Complete collection should i go with Aaron's or Waids? bearing in mind i pretty much hated my only other Hulk taster - Jeph Loebs Red Hulk stuff
    When he first launched New Avengers they did not have a companion Avengers book. When they relaunched Avengers they also started New Avengers again at number 1. So this upcoming collection would be post first New Avengers volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think that Avengers series started with the Heroic Age, after Siege. Before Siege we had NA, Mighty Avengers (Slott) and Dark Avengers but no regular Avengers title. After Siege it was NA and Avengers running parallel both written by Bendis. If I remember correctly.

As for Hulk I don't think you will like any of those. Waid's was kinda flat and nothing special and Aaron's was crazy with inconsistent art. I really liked the second story arc, it was just over the top stupid fun but most people hate it. Couldn't care less about the first arc with Silvestri on art.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I know it took "forever" to sell out but perhaps they overprinted TIH vol.1, the fact it's STILL in the top 10 should show the interest in the character.
    We may have to see how the Planet Hulk and WWHulk Omnis do upon release but I feel right now, if a TIH vol.2 Omni were done it would sell well. The contents within are more cherished by Hulk fans than the vol.1 content I do believe.
    I would bet they are more cherished but there is that price tag for the WWHulk books and if I'm not mistaken they're going to be somewhat thin.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I would bet they are more cherished but there is that price tag for the WWHulk books and if I'm not mistaken they're going to be somewhat thin.
    Planet Hulk is overpriced, but WWH is i think 1200 pages for $125, which really isn't bad compared to other books that size.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think that Avengers series started with the Heroic Age, after Siege. Before Siege we had NA, Mighty Avengers (Slott) and Dark Avengers but no regular Avengers title. After Siege it was NA and Avengers running parallel both written by Bendis. If I remember correctly.
    You remember correctly. Both Heroic Age series started off decent enough (and I'd already decided I disliked Bendis' work long before they launched), but quickly dissolved into a mess. IMHO.

As for Hulk I don't think you will like any of those. Waid's was kinda flat and nothing special and Aaron's was crazy with inconsistent art. I really liked the second story arc, it was just over the top stupid fun but most people hate it. Couldn't care less about the first arc with Silvestri on art.
    I really wish we were getting another Hulk Epic in place of one (or both!) of these collections.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The $125 price tags are ridiculous; they're going to hurt sales, and then Marvel's going to interpret that as a lack of interest... lather, rinse, repeat. *Sigh*.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really wish we were getting another Hulk Epic in place of one (or both!) of these collections.
    Honestly I really disliked PH and WWH was just dumb fun but nothing super special.
    I wish we could get more PAD Hulks in epics or frekkin' PAD Hulk omnibuses. His run was the only solo Hulk stuff so far that I actually liked (based on the first epic) and can't wait to have more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Planet Hulk is overpriced, but WWH is i think 1200 pages for $125, which really isn't bad compared to other books that size.
    Ah, didn't know that about WWH. I knew PH was thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Honestly I really disliked PH and WWH was just dumb fun but nothing super special.
    I wish we could get more PAD Hulks in epics or frekkin' PAD Hulk omnibuses. His run was the only solo Hulk stuff so far that I actually liked (based on the first epic) and can't wait to have more of it.
    No kidding. Would love three or four or however many PD omnibus collections

I've been reading a bunch of Thor in anticipation of Gillen's Loki omibus.
    I re-read the JMS run (still great), then Gillen and Fraction, which I'm about a quarter of the way thru.
    That said, during my reading I came across Thor: Vikings by Garth Ennis published under the Max imprint. Wow! What a read. In typical fashion when Ennis writes Marvel supes, Thor took a semi-backseat to the story but it was super fun.