Page 637 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1375375876276336346356366376386396406416476877371137 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 20773
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    DCBS/IST is probably Diamond's #1 or #2 account. They sell much more volume and at their volume, the discount is minimum 57% DC and 59% Marvel.

DC
    6 Month Average Invoiced: Standard Discount
    $0-999: 35%
    $1,000-2,999: 50%
    $3,000-4,499: 53%
    $4,500-16,999: 55%
    $17,000-34,999: 56%
    $35,000+: 57%

Marvel
    12 Month Average Invoiced: Standard Discount
    $0-799: 35%
    $800-1,199: 45%
    $1,200-2,499: 50%
    $2,500-3,999: 53%
    $4,000-6,999: 54%
    $7,000-14,999: 55%
    $15,000-29,999: 56%
    $30,000-74,999: 57%
    $75,000-124,999: 58%
    $125,000+: 59%
    Really interesting info. Thanks!

I was looking at getting the two omnibus of the original X-Men, holy crap! Did they only print 5 copies or something? I really hope that they get a reprint
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was looking at getting the two omnibus of the original X-Men, holy crap! Did they only print 5 copies or something? I really hope that they get a reprint
    They are putting those issues out in epics but it's not that great. There are much better silver age series out there.

They took awhile to sell out. My LCS was selling vol 1 for $25 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    They are putting those issues out in epics but it's not that great. There are much better silver age series out there.
    You're right.
    I wasn't a fan of the first omnibus. Vol. 2 - after Lee left - was a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They took awhile to sell out. My LCS was selling vol 1 for $25 at some point.
    Oh wow, that makes it even more painful haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Oh wow, that makes it even more painful haha
    Yessir....... I just started in Feb but at least we're in before the wave of books coming out this fall. My wallet is already whimpering.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Spectacular Member

Dazzler just announced as a small role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
    If it's a key, focused scene, like Quicksilver got in DoFP, this might be a perfect nudge for a Dazzler Omnibus!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Dazzler just announced as a small role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
    If it's a key, focused scene, like Quicksilver got in DoFP, this might be a perfect nudge for a Dazzler Omnibus!!!
    Exactly what I was thinking!

On another note I just read the Firestar Origins trade and was wondering, if you could give me some opinions on the New Warriors Omnibus. As I see it that's the route to go if I want to read more about her early stories.

I'm terrified of a new X-Men film, but it would be nice to see Dazzler and Lilandra!

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post

On another note I just read the Firestar Origins trade and was wondering, if you could give me some opinions on the New Warriors Omnibus. As I see it that's the route to go if I want to read more about her early stories.
    There's definitely a 90s feel to the NW omnibus but it's a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post

if you find it for a good price go for it. It's 90s but Bagley's art was quite fresh and neat looking back then and he could actually tell a story. The NW core issues IMHO are great fun and even the skateboarding machine gun wielding kid is tolerable. On the other hand the X and Spidey crossovers were insufferable, I would recommend skipping those.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for your responses. I went ahead and ordered a copy from cheap comics (unfortunately the prizes on amazon Germany and other places in Europe have already skyrocketed, so I did buy it for almost cover prize).

As I am probably one of the few people here who is a huge 90s X books fan this seems to be a good read for me. I think I already own this crossover a couple of times it seems as it was heavily reprinted but cannot remember anything from it.

Spectacular Member

Picked up the Spider-Man by Dezago and Wieringo TPB today, don't know how I missed that it was Vol 1 and not a one-and-done deal. For some reason I got the idea this was the entirety of their run. Anyway, this book has 19 issues, but there's only 9 remaining until the series ends... what else could be chucked in for a possible Vol 2?

I'm terrified of a new X-Men film, but it would be nice to see Dazzler and Lilandra!
    I love early 80s Dazzler, but I'm scared to see what will be in the movie. We can't get a decent Storm or Cyclops, so what chance does Dazzler have?