Page 639 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296356366376386396406416426436496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Maybe I missed it being mentioned here so apologies if so...

Tarzan Lord of the Jungle Omnibus from Marvel Jan 2018

I'm intrigued! I've never read any of it. I have liked my John Carter Omni if that helps. Those that have read this material, your thoughts?
    the link leads to the Buscema Years omnibus from Dynamite that originally should have come out in December and kept getting delayed. I'm not sure if it would ever happen unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Maybe I missed it being mentioned here so apologies if so...

Tarzan Lord of the Jungle Omnibus from Marvel Jan 2018

I'm intrigued! I've never read any of it. I have liked my John Carter Omni if that helps. Those that have read this material, your thoughts?
    This is interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    In regards to vol.2, I'm totally hoping for Krisis' option C, collecting all of Avengers World:
    http://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/av...2017/#comments
    Option C collects Avengers #24-34 & 34.1-2, New Avengers #13-23, and Avengers World #1-21
    Plus the two annuals, don't forget those!

The one thing that might tip the scale in favor of including the Avengers World issues, .1 and .2, and the two annuals is that if Marvel does that, they know we completists are likely to buy the omni, even if we already have the Time Runs Out and Secret Wars OHCs. Whereas if an omni ONLY collects the material that's already in OHC format, many of us will hold off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Plus the two annuals, don't forget those!

The one thing that might tip the scale in favor of including the Avengers World issues, .1 and .2, and the two annuals is that if Marvel does that, they know we completists are likely to buy the omni, even if we already have the Time Runs Out and Secret Wars OHCs. Whereas if an omni ONLY collects the material that's already in OHC format, many of us will hold off.
    I just don't know if I see Marvel putting in non Hickman issues into a "by Hickman" omnibus given their track record of skipping such issues in other "by" omnibu$$e$. I wish they would just solicit volume 2 already so we knew what the game plan was. If they do go with "option C" I would for sure pick them up. I could always pick them up and wait for the inevitable oop price hike and decide later which format to keep and sell the other later.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I'm bummed. I just checked and it looks like the Netflix Defenders series is coming out in AUG. I thought it was coming out far from now. I'm bummed as I was hoping for some Defenders love from the collections dept to coincide with the release. I mean, we even got a pile of TPBs for Iron Fist before.

Maybe they're gonna wait to see how it does? I dunno. I think I'm hoping too much, but I was really hoping for a Defenders vol 1 omnibus, with the 1st 3 MMWs mashed together in it. The only thing I see is a new Epic being released soon. *And yes, I know this new Netflix series is 100% different than the Bronze age series, but still, loosely apples to apples as so far as pushing products. Hopefully the series will do well and Marvel will solicit an omnibus after AUG then.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Unbelievably torn on this coming weeks releases. I have all the Hickman OHCs but so tempted to get the omnibus due to likely reading order alignment plus the Infinity OHC is not the highest production quality. What are some people in the same situation leaning towards? The Dr. Strange would normally be a for sure purchase but space is finally becoming a real concern, so I am wondering about the quality of the series. I have been on a Masterworks tear lately and will most likely grab the SSM volume.
    I kept the OHC.

I dont find it make any difference at all if you read the two series separately until Infinity, and then again afterwards until you get to Time Runs Out.

People seem fixated on there being a complicated reading order, but I really dont see it until the back half of the run
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm bummed. I just checked and it looks like the Netflix Defenders series is coming out in AUG. I thought it was coming out far from now. I'm bummed as I was hoping for some Defenders love from the collections dept to coincide with the release. I mean, we even got a pile of TPBs for Iron Fist before.

Maybe they're gonna wait to see how it does? I dunno. I think I'm hoping too much, but I was really hoping for a Defenders vol 1 omnibus, with the 1st 3 MMWs mashed together in it. The only thing I see is a new Epic being released soon. *And yes, I know this new Netflix series is 100% different than the Bronze age series, but still, loosely apples to apples as so far as pushing products. Hopefully the series will do well and Marvel will solicit an omnibus after AUG then.
    Did the Daredevil omnis drop at the time the show running? I thought it was a bit after, but if Defender show gets good review probably get some stuff next year. I believe another epic is due out soon, but an omni would be nice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I kept the OHC.

I dont find it make any difference at all if you read the two series separately until Infinity, and then again afterwards until you get to Time Runs Out.

People seem fixated on there being a complicated reading order, but I really dont see it until the back half of the run
    This. The OHCs are fine, really. The only weak link is the thin paper in the Infinity OHC, but the omnis lately aren't much better.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I kept the OHC.

I'm skipping it too b/c I also have all the material in OHC format.

Agreed on your reading order comment. I've already read the entire story in floppies so I don't really need it to be in order for me to understand it since it's a re-read.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Did the Daredevil omnis drop at the time the show running? I thought it was a bit after, but if Defender show gets good review probably get some stuff next year. I believe another epic is due out soon, but an omni would be nice.
    The Daredevil Omnis appeared alongside the second season of Daredevil. We also lamented the lack of Omnis (& reprints) when the first season of Daredevil was happening. We only got TPBs and such. It's a shame the Iron Fist series wasn't praised higher (I haven't seen it yet, still finishing off Luke Cage) as a second season may not materialise (I hope it does) and therefore, no IF Omnis. I was hoping for a reprint of the Brubaker/Fraction Omni and a new Omni containing the Iron Fist MMWs. Let's hope Defenders do well and then we may see not only Defenders Omnis but also Omnis relating to the main characters.

The Spider-Man Tangled Web Omnibus is so damn thin smh.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The Spider-Man Tangled Web Omnibus is so damn thin smh.
    These days, I welcome a thin omnibus onto my shelf. I used to be one of those concerned with the thin paper, poor construction of Marvel books. It really was driving me nuts knowing that my treasured books could fall apart or tear easily.
    I eventually decided to go the route of collecting my favorite comics in single issue format, where I can keep them safely bagged in Mylar, forever safe

Now I treat my omnibi and OHC's as the "reading copies". I no longer stress knowing I can always open them up and enjoy the story, regardless of their condition. And my very favorite stories will always be safely stored in my comic box.

Yeah, it requires some double-dipping and it's not for everyone, but this method has really worked for me.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    These days, I welcome a thin omnibus onto my shelf. I used to be one of those concerned with the thin paper, poor construction of Marvel books. It really was driving me nuts knowing that my treasured books could fall apart or tear easily.
    I eventually decided to go the route of collecting my favorite comics in single issue format, where I can keep them safely bagged in Mylar, forever safe

Now I treat my omnibi and OHC's as the "reading copies". I no longer stress knowing I can always open them up and enjoy the story, regardless of their condition. And my very favorite stories will always be safely stored in my comic box.

Yeah, it requires some double-dipping and it's not for everyone, but this method has really worked for me.

Thoughts?
    I'm new to collecting so I'm probably not the norm. I wouldn't double dip. It's money I'd spend on something I don't already have. I like trades and epic collection size books. I read them and put them on the shelf. My Green Lantern omnibus fell apart the first time I read it. Too big and poorly made. I'm not really concerned about condition as far as normal wear, although I'm super careful.
    Last edited by acnblj; 06-30-2017 at 08:23 PM.

I sold the Hickman OHC's to get the omnibuses. While the issues don't overlap as much in the first half, they still follow a reading order that involves putting down an OHC and picking up the other, then going back to the first, etc. Also annoying that one OHC has half the book in Infinity.

Normally I might not double dip but this was easily a top 10 modern Marvel run.

I don't remember if Fantastic Four vol. 2 had been solicited by the time vol. 1 FF Hickman omnibus came out but it would be nice to go ahead and get Avengers vol. 2 on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Larsen Omni as it's mostly written by David Michelinie, who's great.
    Woof...certainly never heard that high praise about Micheline before. His Spider-man work, especially with McFarlane, is barely readable.